09-21-09 01:45 PM
178 ... 5678
tools
    Umm.....I hate Blackberry. I can't wait till the iPhone is available on Verizon.

Just sayin.
    09-07-09 08:25 PM
    Thanks to both of you, Statman and dorianb89. I have only been using a Mac for a little over a year and have used a PC when all it was a black screen and green letters and joy was windows 3.0. Still doing the transition so some things are just in different places and have different extensions. Back to the point did a spotlight search command F picked system files are included "this mac" file name. Did the search for blackberry. Found about 8 different files, trashed them. Then did a secure empty trash. rebooted and reinstalled PM. It works as before the DM beta was installed, thanks again. One other question, all my friends are windows people, when an action box comes up and there three buttons to choose from how can you change focus from button to another? In windows you just hit tab to change focus then enter to perform looking for the equivalent in Mac.
    09-07-09 10:53 PM
    okay so the MAC DM will see my BBB and also back up. But my mac itself will not see my phone as Mass Storage. HALP!!

Thanks!
    09-11-09 01:56 AM
    I've got the same problem with a Bold; MAC doesn't recognize the media card. I never had this problem with my 8310. Any ideas?
    09-11-09 11:01 PM
    One other question, all my friends are windows people, when an action box comes up and there three buttons to choose from how can you change focus from button to another? In windows you just hit tab to change focus then enter to perform looking for the equivalent in Mac.
    Not really the right forum for this...what is an action button? Do you mean the X, - and + buttons on the top left? those are close, minimize (to dock) and resize...seriously, just think like a real person and macs are easy....LOL
    09-11-09 11:50 PM
    Not really the right forum for this...what is an action button? Do you mean the X, - and + buttons on the top left? those are close, minimize (to dock) and resize...seriously, just think like a real person and macs are easy....LOL
    I understand that this not the right forum just thought I would add it since it has bothered me for quite a while. No I don't mean those buttons. An example would be if you had three tabs open in Safari and went to close the program it would come up with a box that says Are you sure you want to quit Safari?. There are two options to choose the default is quit and the other is cancel. The focus is on the default button. I want to change the focus to cancel so when I press enter it performs the cancel. I do not know how to change focus. In windows you just hit tab till you get the focus you want. Thanks.
    09-12-09 07:36 PM
    Actually I would like to know this too. In Tiger, you just hit the left or right arrow keys to "tab" thru the buttons. Leo and Snow Leo, you can't, even with the keyboard set to "ALL" in System Preferences.
    Last edited by skwij; 09-12-09 at 08:23 PM.
    09-12-09 07:57 PM
    I don't know about any other programs, but in Safari, if you press "esc", it selects the "cancel" option....
    09-12-09 09:15 PM
    I don't know about any other programs, but in Safari, if you press "esc", it selects the "cancel" option....
    Yes you are correct, escape usually cancels. Maybe I used a bad example because there are only two options in that scenario. If I hit print in firefox it brings up the print box. How can I cycle through all of the different buttons and options since the focus is always on the print button.
    09-12-09 10:21 PM
    Go to System Prefs, and under Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts, make sure that ALL is ticked. If that doesn't work, deselect it and close SysPrefs, then open and reselect.

Then you will be able to TAB thru the buttons. Don't select ENTER, but rather SPACEBAR, to select the highlighted option (for dropdowns, like the one when you hit the power button and get 4 options).

I've only tested this on the Power Button options, and the Empty Trash options, not sure about across the board, OS-wise. At least it's a place to start?
    Last edited by skwij; 09-12-09 at 11:03 PM.
    09-12-09 10:44 PM
    okay so the MAC DM will see my BBB and also back up. But my mac itself will not see my phone as Mass Storage. HALP!!

Thanks!
    Open DM go to Device (drop down)>Device options click the box show as disk on desktop...done.
    09-13-09 12:04 AM
    Anyone had any problems uninstalling the DM? The uninstaller gives me the message:

Uninstall failed.

Some BlackBerry Desktop Manager components may not have been removed from your computer. Try re-booting and starting again.
    09-13-09 11:06 AM
    Yes you are correct, escape usually cancels. Maybe I used a bad example because there are only two options in that scenario. If I hit print in firefox it brings up the print box. How can I cycle through all of the different buttons and options since the focus is always on the print button.
    Often hitting the first letter of the button label will select that button, for example, if you want to choose Yes then press the Y key. Sometimes it's command-Y, depends on the program. Command-period also works for canceling too.

But the easiest way would be through the Keyboard prefs as mentioned already.
    09-13-09 11:35 AM
    Tried that, very nice to know, and they showed up. Deleted them, reboot, reinstalled PocketMac, rebooted and still it won't recognize my BB.
    If you're still stuck try deleting two more kext files:

RIMBBUSB.kext
    RIMBBVSP.kext

You'll need to run the PockeMac installer to reinstall the USB drivers. Hint: If you connect your BB and the drives mount as black stylised icons there may be some BlackBerry DM remnants left on your system preventing PockeMac syncing.

Gotta love beta testing...

-- Robert.
    09-14-09 08:31 AM
    any idea when rim will release the bb desktop manager for mac??
    09-14-09 09:40 AM
    Supposed to be this month Stehly.... I am checking every day as I would rather wait on the official release before installing (I'm chicken that way!)... it is the middle of the month now and I want it!!!
    09-14-09 05:22 PM
    so i just downloaded the leak on leopard.

I was able to get half way through the sync process. Is it my phone or is it the software? If I remember correctly, it did the same exact thing on a PC.

any ideas/help?! i want/need to update my OS and other applications!
    09-14-09 08:55 PM
    does anyone know if the OFFICIAL release will be compatible with tiger or just leopard and snow
    09-15-09 07:27 AM
    Umm.....I hate Blackberry. I can't wait till the iPhone is available on Verizon.

I'm not waiting. Unless the BB DM for Mac works as well as DM for PC, I'm going over to the dark side (Apple+ATT). Sorry RIM and Verizon. It's been fun.
    09-15-09 03:50 PM
    I'm not waiting. Unless the BB DM for Mac works as well as DM for PC, I'm going over to the dark side (Apple+ATT). Sorry RIM and Verizon. It's been fun.
    I had considered it but I hear too many horror stories about AT&T calls dropping all the time.

Altho, one of the reasons I'm not happy with my Tour is because the phone portion really isn't all that impressive.

Some days I kick myself for not sticking with my LG phone.
    09-15-09 08:29 PM
    is there a trick to making this work with a storm? i have snow leopard on a 17" unibody macbook pro, connected to a 9530 storm (vzw) with 5.0.0.230 and i've also tried 5.0.0.191.

it just flat out doesn't work. i am on the "welcome to blackberry desktop manager" screen but it just sits there.

i've uninstalled missing sync from my bb and from my mbp, i've enabled and disabled mass storage mode, the media card shows up in finder, but bbdm never detects it. is there anything i can try to fix this?
    09-19-09 10:45 AM
    is there a trick to making this work with a storm? i have snow leopard on a 17" unibody macbook pro, connected to a 9530 storm (vzw) with 5.0.0.230 and i've also tried 5.0.0.191.

it just flat out doesn't work. i am on the "welcome to blackberry desktop manager" screen but it just sits there.

i've uninstalled missing sync from my bb and from my mbp, i've enabled and disabled mass storage mode, the media card shows up in finder, but bbdm never detects it. is there anything i can try to fix this?
    When you installed DM, were MS or other syncing software on your computer? If so you need to delete everything and then install the DM...they conflict and don' allow the phone to be recognized.
    09-19-09 11:08 AM
    It might also be OS 5. Not sure if that OS is supported.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 12:35 PM
    i tried deleting everything, i think i got it all. the os 5 thing is a good point too though, has anyone else gotten an os5 device to be synced? windows bdm does it fine and so does the missing sync, but this is beta software
    09-19-09 08:10 PM
    I'm just saying.....I just left AT&T. I see you are in the city too. It has been **** in a hand basket with AT&T, I can't tell you how many dropped calls I had during my 2 years with them. That along with not getting service in a lot of places was the breaker. When I was on the phone with AT&T to cancel my contract I was in the parking lot of Verizon with FULL service on my phone and I had 2 dropped calls....that was it.

My buddy lived out in LA and I talked to him everyday...same problems same headaches. Now he just moved back to NYC and he says he still gets horrible reception and his girlfriend has been complaining about it too.

Stick with VZ, wait for the iPhone to come and/or DM for BB. You'll be happier.
    09-19-09 09:11 PM
178 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD