09-21-09 12:45 PM
178 ... 45678
tools
    I have done searches for *.kext, .kext and kext and nothing has showed up. do you have their exact names so i can try that? Thanks.
    You must enable system search to find .kext files. Open Finder and hit Cmnd-F. From the drop down menu above the search results choose "system files" and "are included." Then a search for .kext will find all your extensions.
    09-05-09 09:22 AM
    how do i wipe my contacts? because DM isnt syncing them properly. its sending ones that ive deleted from the address book and then duplicating others, what do i do?!
    09-05-09 09:41 AM
    On the menu bar under device, there is an option to clear data. You should be able to choose selected data, then address book from the checklist (just don't choose ALL DATA! ). That will remove all contacts from your phone.
    09-05-09 10:08 AM
    Oh, btw, I was reading through the the help file and it appears that a future version will include wireless syncing. There isn't much info on it, just a few sentences...

If wireless data synchronization is not available for your device, or you have turned it off, you can synchronize your organizer data using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. You can turn off wireless synchronization for each organizer application on your device. For more information about turning off wireless synchronization, click the Help icon on your device and click Synchronization.

If wireless data synchronization is available for your device, you can synchronize your organizer data over the wireless network.
    09-05-09 10:16 AM
    "the *insert words here* operation failed. please try again." thats what i get when i do basically ANYTHING with this stupid app >.<
    09-05-09 10:23 AM
    You must enable system search to find .kext files. Open Finder and hit Cmnd-F. From the drop down menu above the search results choose "system files" and "are included." Then a search for .kext will find all your extensions.
    Tried that, very nice to know, and they showed up. Deleted them, reboot, reinstalled PocketMac, rebooted and still it won't recognize my BB. When I first installed DM it told me this would happen. It had to change something in the system. If I install DM it recognizes it or if I go to the dark side it will also recognize it.

Correction now neither DM or PocketMac recognizes BB. I can still see it as mass storage. The dark side still works!
    Last edited by islandreamer; 09-05-09 at 04:21 PM. Reason: update
    09-05-09 02:11 PM
    so im stuck with these blanks and duplicates? -_-
    09-05-09 05:58 PM
    Ever since I downloaded the Mac DM, I can't seem to add any new ringtones from my computer. I can drag and drop them just fine and all, but when I unplug my phone (a Storm) from the computer, they just won't show on my ringtone list. Anyone have this type of problem? I can send pictures and songs without a hitch. The only problem I am having, is with ringtones.
    09-05-09 06:15 PM
    i am running snow leopard right now and i get error messages when i sync my bb with mac. and none of my ical appts go to my mac. I know its a beta but is anyone else having this prob. hit me up jose.mendez@tmo.blackberry.net
    09-05-09 08:24 PM
    At last, my 8310 syncs flawlessly with BB DM.

I use ical instead of entourage and it synced straight up.

Initially the sync failed with contacts, so I checked the 'replace all contacts' box on dm and everything went smoothly after that.

I have a mac mini intel 166 core duo, and installed snow leopard last week as an upgrade over 10.4.11. It also went without a hiccup.

After reading all the posts, it appears that snow leopard is the way to go with this beta version—I'll be reluctant to use the 'release version' when it arrives as this one acts like a true mac app'.
    09-05-09 10:46 PM
    Sync went ok for the most part, appears itunes won't transfer protected songs, so that could be an issue....
    09-05-09 11:13 PM
    gave it a try and the first 2 times it did not sync calendars..third time worked great??? All is good here (SL on Mac Pro).
    09-05-09 11:16 PM
    All is not so good, I went to edit one of my contacts on the 8310 and it won't allow me to save the changes. When I go to save it, a box comes up saying:
    Address updated externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed.

I've tried Address book preferences, but can find nothing to indicate how to overcome this.

Does anyone else have this hassle? All help greatly appreciated.
    09-06-09 05:23 AM
    All is not so good, I went to edit one of my contacts on the 8310 and it won't allow me to save the changes. When I go to save it, a box comes up saying:
    Address updated externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed.

I've tried Address book preferences, but can find nothing to indicate how to overcome this.

Does anyone else have this hassle? All help greatly appreciated.
    For other users with this issue, a thread has been created so we can hopefully resolve this issue.
    09-06-09 08:32 AM
    Does anyone know when the actual version is going to be launched? September seems like an awfully long month all of a sudden!

Ian
    09-06-09 09:06 AM
    Had all sorts of duplications, triplications, and even more "ications".

Figured out it was the multiple CATEGORIES I have set in Address Book.

So I created a new one and called it Blackberry and moved contacts over to that, selected to sync ONLY BLACKBERRY. The first time I chose to overwrite contacts on the BB, then have done some editing and syncing since, as a test.

Works well except for the "external" error when editing a field on the Berry. So again, make sure you do your editing on the Mac, then do a one-way sync.

Will create a new contact on the Berry and try and edit after syncing to see if that error persists.
    09-06-09 09:28 AM
    I've been a BlackBerry User and & Mac User for some years now. I've always had to use a PC to sync my BB properly. If I was lucky PocketMac would sync. It's about time Mac users get something. Needs a little more tweaking but I'm pretty happy now.
    09-06-09 09:49 AM
    sorry if i posted any repeats, kind of feeling very very anxious..

1. i tried installing DM on my SL, it updated my curve 8900's OS to 4.6.1.250 (378). however, syncing doesn't work, it will just keep saying that there's an error

2. tried uninstalling DM, but somehow it keeps saying that the uninstall is not clean, reboot and all that. however...

3. i don't think that has worked, because i can't sync with PM now.

the result of all the above is that i now have a phone with any contacts, and no way to sync them in from my mac. anyone has any suggestions/possible solutions?

ETA: i'm using icalc and address book to sync, if it helps.
    Last edited by deranged58; 09-07-09 at 12:17 AM.
    09-06-09 09:18 PM
    Im having the same problem - sync failed please try again with the entourage error

wants to sync unrecognized entity named: com.microsoft.entourage. etc

but i dont use Entourage - so dont know how to fix

did anybody work out how to get around this?

------

for anybody with the same problem

i just started Entourage - (which i dont normally use) then told it to import nothing - then quit Entourage and then was able to sync fine

i still get a few crashes during syncs but at least its usable now
    Last edited by rosegrif1; 09-07-09 at 01:36 AM. Reason: found solution
    09-07-09 12:01 AM
    sorry if i posted any repeats, kind of feeling very very anxious..

1. i tried installing DM on my SL, it updated my curve 8900's OS to 4.6.1.250 (378). however, syncing doesn't work, it will just keep saying that there's an error

2. tried uninstalling DM, but somehow it keeps saying that the uninstall is not clean, reboot and all that. however...

3. i don't think that has worked, because i can't sync with PM now.

the result of all the above is that i now have a phone with any contacts, and no way to sync them in from my mac. anyone has any suggestions/possible solutions?

ETA: i'm using icalc and address book to sync, if it helps.
    Have posted in several forums asking how to uninstall with one response. Just too new for people to have figured it out yet. One response was to delete the two files .kext with blackberry in it, tried but it did not help. Guess it will just take time for someone to figure how.
    Last edited by islandreamer; 09-07-09 at 01:39 AM. Reason: typo
    09-07-09 01:38 AM
    Have posted in several forums asking how to uninstall with one response. Just too new for people to have figured it out yet. One response was to delete the two files .kext with blackberry in it, tried but it did not help. Guess it will just take time for someone to figure how.
    yup, i've heard that, but had no results too. it's going to be quite bad if i can't get my contacts in my phone though
    09-07-09 01:51 AM
    If you go to the dark side and use DM there and do a backup there, at least you can always reload it if your BB takes a crap. Now instead of doing a biweekly sync I do a biweekly backup of my BB and a biweekly archive of Entourage till I can get either DM for Mac or PocketMac to work. I was happy with PM for sync purposes and wish I could get back to a working copy of it. It will no longer recognize my BB and can't uninstall DM. Hopefully this is an old version that was leaked and great grand new intuitive bluetooth widget is coming out in a couple days that will right size all the columns in finder by it's self, yeah I did go back for seconds of the KoolAid.
    09-07-09 02:38 AM
    i managed to get my 8900 to sync with DM on SL!

i still don't know what i did right. all i can be sure of doing was to delete pocketmac from my SL, BEFORE installing DM.. if it helps, i used sync "with other computers (safer sync)", and tried to ease the sync one by one (ie contacts first, then calendar with contacts, then adding on tasks). and i even managed to get itunes to sync with DM into my phone!

i'm now a happy man, besides the fact that my area's reception is darn bad

ETA: as reported above, i do have trouble with editing contact details, though i strongly feel it should be resolved by the time the final product surfaces
    Last edited by deranged58; 09-07-09 at 08:57 AM.
    09-07-09 08:50 AM
    Don't know how well you know macs...you can search using spotlight and delete files there. Most likely the files will occur in /library/application support/blackberry and in /library/preferences...com.rim. (4 of them) (which library depends on the initial install...if you install for all users it will be the main library. Also you may find a file in user/library/application support/addressbook/metadata

make sure you uninstall PM or MS before you install DM...uninstall then delete all of the PM files. PM will not work if DM is installed...
    09-07-09 12:32 PM
    the OFFICIAL way to completely erase an app and all its content is to drag it to the trash can, once in there, click on Finder and click Secure Empty Trash you will then be prompted with a warning sign about files being completely erased, then click OK and there you have it...
    you will no longer have any record in your MAC that it can reference back to.
    09-07-09 02:16 PM
178 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD