09-21-09 01:45 PM
178 ... 34567 ...
tools
    ok this started out ok but now it says "waiting for device to restart" the phone is just sitting here in reboot mode with the square clock in the middle. Its been like this for a while and I don't know what to do now. Please help! Thanks
    I had the exact same issue. If I read correctly elsewhere, this means that the phone is bricked. I saw there's a Crackberry how-to on unbricking your phone, but it requires a PC......

Since I don't have a PC I have to borrow a spare from a friend, which is going to be at least a few hours from now
    09-03-09 10:41 PM
    So I keep getting an OS error when I try to install. I'm running 10.4.11 Thoughts?
    09-03-09 10:57 PM
    DM for Mac does not support OS X priorto 10.5.6 I don't think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 11:19 PM
    does or will it support bluetooth syncing???
    09-03-09 11:30 PM
    installed on my "macbook NANO" (aka msi wind running osx) 10.5.4 and it works great
    09-03-09 11:32 PM
    installed on my "macbook NANO" (aka msi wind running osx) 10.5.4 and it works great
    nice snow leopard no issues

whats your l ll llll l l ll mean?or say?
    09-04-09 12:06 AM
    You can't *execute* a .exe directly under OS X. However, it's just a container that happens to be self extracting. The contents can still be pulled out. Self executing Zip files, for example, which also happen to be ".exe" can easily be unzipped on any platform that can handle the archive format.
    How exactly can this be achieved? Always interested in learning a new trick!
    09-04-09 12:31 AM
    Anyone want to do a step by step install leaked OS instruction or is it not possible yet?
    09-04-09 12:50 AM
    why cant i download them from the links...can anyone up a good link?
    09-04-09 01:26 AM
    DM doesn't work with my Storm.
    Won't sync. MacBook Pro w/Snow Leopard and Storm with .148
    09-04-09 01:53 AM
    Worked perfectly with my 8330 on Snow Leopard and even updated the OS The only weird thing is that the backup files are in .bbb format instead of ipd Is there a way to convert the bbb file to ipd?

As for the step by step installation, all u have to do is mount the dmg and then click the mpkg and follow the prompts. after it's installed, u will need to restart and then just load the app from applications or spotlight it. Everything else is pretty much the same.

And I just used the megauplaod link from the link on the 1st page of this thread.
    Last edited by leonicdragon; 09-04-09 at 02:18 AM.
    09-04-09 02:07 AM
    How exactly can this be achieved? Always interested in learning a new trick!
    It all depends how the package was created, and if it actually contains an archive. Binary executables aren't of any interest outside of the operating system and platform they were built for. However there are a few "setup" type applications that don't need to be run to extract the contents.

The command 'file' in terminal does a good job identifying the filetype. If it's a zip self-extractor, unzip it. RAR would handle extracting rar self-extractors. There's no one answer though.

For the BB updates, I'm not sure exactly what process was used to create the package - but RIM does. And since they do, it's trivial for them to build Desktop Manager for Mac to extract the contents from the bundle.
    09-04-09 08:28 AM
    It all depends how the package was created, and if it actually contains an archive. Binary executables aren't of any interest outside of the operating system and platform they were built for. However there are a few "setup" type applications that don't need to be run to extract the contents.

The command 'file' in terminal does a good job identifying the filetype. If it's a zip self-extractor, unzip it. RAR would handle extracting rar self-extractors. There's no one answer though.

For the BB updates, I'm not sure exactly what process was used to create the package - but RIM does. And since they do, it's trivial for them to build Desktop Manager for Mac to extract the contents from the bundle.
    Hopefully the final release will be able to use the old OS update .exe's instead of waiting for all of the carriers to release new mac versions.

I wonder if it also means we're one step closer to fully developing the app on a mac. If this allows cod files to be loaded onto the mac, then the only windows only part left is the simulator
    09-04-09 09:03 AM
    Anyone else having issues with uninstalling? It keeps telling me to try re-starting the computer but that doesn't work. I'm trying all I can to stay away from this unreleased version given that it bricked my Blackberry yesterday. Fortunately the Crackberry 101 helped me resurrect it....
    09-04-09 01:43 PM
    we installed on our macbook pro last nite (os x 10.5.7?) without any problems. we did OS upgrade on his pearl from 4.2-4.5-worked great, no issues. i'd already did an upgrade on my curve the day before, courtesy of the awesome IT guys here@work.. gonna install on the imac next and give that a whirl

anyone heard anything about Snow Leopards working in conjuction with Serato? Husband is scared to upgrade bc of that...
    09-04-09 06:04 PM
    does it sync the pictures also that are associated with the contacts in the address book?
    09-04-09 06:40 PM

anyone heard anything about Snow Leopards working in conjuction with Serato? Husband is scared to upgrade bc of that...
    the only issues with this that i have had with snow leopard is that when you have a business in your addy book....it tends to always bring up a conflict...now i believe that is the only issue that i am having.....i use hybrid os so i won't ever use it to upgrade....

also....music sync'd once good for me and now every time it just times the "F" out.....i am really annoyed with that function....though i just put my songs on manually....except you have to go back and make the play list all over again....with over 800+ songs....gets to be tedious.....
    09-04-09 06:40 PM
    Has anyone running Leopard had success?!
    Ran great last night when I backed up and restored my device. But be a bit careful when syncing contacts as they might be duplicated.
    09-04-09 08:12 PM
    is it possible to load a new OS with this desktop manager?
    09-04-09 09:26 PM
    the only issues with this that i have had with snow leopard is that when you have a business in your addy book....it tends to always bring up a conflict...now i believe that is the only issue that i am having.....i use hybrid os so i won't ever use it to upgrade....

also....music sync'd once good for me and now every time it just times the "F" out.....i am really annoyed with that function....though i just put my songs on manually....except you have to go back and make the play list all over again....with over 800+ songs....gets to be tedious.....
    so, SL=pretty much ok for Serato? He keeps all his music backed up on a few sep external hard drives, so it's not that bad, but still dont wanna create an issue if possible. he's too busy to deal with that

also, just out of curiousity, anyone ever gone and had their mbp professionally "cleaned" like case removed and blown out?
    09-04-09 09:36 PM
    So how the eff do I get rid of all these extra contacts it synced that I can't delete from the device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 10:40 PM
    Any one figure how to remove it so PocketMac can be reinstalled since PocketMac does not recognize my BB anymore?
    09-05-09 12:08 AM
    Any one figure how to remove it so PocketMac can be reinstalled since PocketMac does not recognize my BB anymore?
    Some stray BlackBerry Mac DM kernels remain after trying to uninstall the app. Do a Spotlight search for two *.kext files that have blackberry usb in their names then delete them. Then PocketMac should work.

-- Robert.
    09-05-09 12:45 AM
    Some stray BlackBerry Mac DM kernels remain after trying to uninstall the app. Do a Spotlight search for two *.kext files that have blackberry usb in their names then delete them. Then PocketMac should work.

-- Robert.
    I have done searches for *.kext, .kext and kext and nothing has showed up. do you have their exact names so i can try that? Thanks.
    09-05-09 01:48 AM
    Hi,

"BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext". From memory the files were in:

Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions

You probably have to reinstall Pocket Mac to get the original kernels back that have the same names.

HTH.

-- Robert.
    Last edited by rob7100g; 09-05-09 at 07:36 AM.
    09-05-09 07:32 AM
178 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD