09-21-09 01:45 PM
178 ... 23456 ...
tools
    this sucks, it added 3 full screens of blank contacts, and it won't let me delete them, even when I restored to a backup it didn't delete them, anyone know how to get rid of this junk it added to my contacts?
    09-03-09 04:12 PM
    No problems whatsoever on my Leopard with 8900.
    09-03-09 04:23 PM
    I have tons of problems, I'm running a iMac with Snow Leopard using a Storm. Nothing I do will erase the pages and pages of blank contacts the Mac DM added, not even a full restore.
    09-03-09 04:48 PM
    this sucks, it added 3 full screens of blank contacts, and it won't let me delete them, even when I restored to a backup it didn't delete them, anyone know how to get rid of this junk it added to my contacts?
    I have tons of problems, I'm running a iMac with Snow Leopard using a Storm. Nothing I do will erase the pages and pages of blank contacts the Mac DM added, not even a full restore.
    yeah....mine adds contacts that have no name as the title......then changes others....this is a horrible beta......l dont think anyone tested this before the leaked it......i know leaks are for beta....but this is garbage......nothing but problems.....
    09-03-09 05:34 PM
    when i was trying to upgrade (well, downgrade from a 5.0 beta technically) my Bold decided to restart itself and my phone got BRICKED! thankfully i had a windows computer to run to but does anyone know how to unbrick a phone through the mac DM yet?
    09-03-09 05:49 PM
    i'm afraid we are still so, so far away to have a good, proper 'all it works' DM....

it's too complicated to synch RIM and MAC...
    that's the reason RIM never release a native DM since years!

and because pocketmac and missying sync are not safe.... it will not work, even if it will be a RIM DM program.. it will not work like to sync blackberry and windows...
    there is something with MAC that RIM DM will always be like pocketmac and missing sync... ; for someone works, for many many won't work... i'm pretty sure i will go back to missing sync

d
    09-03-09 06:23 PM
    Leaked DM, Leopard 10.5.8, BlackBerry Tour with the factor BBOS:

- Smooth install, smooth and successful device backup.
    - Smooth and successful Notes and Tasks syncing with Entourage
    - Bumpy first, but flawless second & third Calendar syncs with Entourage
    - Troublesome Contacts sync: some duplicates, all were Contacts listed as companies with no individual First and Last names. Clones could not be edited or deleted from device. Did a complete overwrite of contacts on my device. Got rid of the duplicates, but no contacts were editable or removable. Performing a restore from my backup now and will update on the result.
    09-03-09 06:29 PM

- Troublesome Contacts sync: some duplicates, all were Contacts listed as companies with no individual First and Last names. Clones could not be edited or deleted from device. Did a complete overwrite of contacts on my device. Got rid of the duplicates, but no contacts were editable or removable. Performing a restore from my backup now and will update on the result.
    you see? like with pocketmac and missing sync, no news.......

d
    09-03-09 06:34 PM
    Is the BB DM for Mac supposed to sync our podcasts in iTunes eventually?

Other than that, I have no complaints.
    09-03-09 07:31 PM
    Restore from backup seems to be stalling on reloading my SMS messages (3000+). I walked away from the computer at that point during the first sync and came back to a "sync failed" message. Trying again now and it is still seemingly stuck at the SMS point. If this one fails I am going to try again with SMS unchecked and see what happens. I can think of far worse things to lose than my texts.
    09-03-09 07:35 PM
    just synced my BB tour with Leopard- 10.5.7 no issues whatsoever, was able to sync my music from itunes as well.

The only thing I wasnt sure of was how to get the latest BBOS, unless I did find it and the device manager told me I already have the latest one.
    09-03-09 07:40 PM
    UPDATE: I tried yet another device restore with SMS Messages unchecked and within a few minutes my Tour was back to normal. There were a few minor settings quirks (my convenience keys and scroll rate were reset to defaults) but otherwise all is back to normal, no worse for wear.

I am trying one more restore, with ONLY SMS Messages selected, just to see if I am patient enough I can get all my texts back. If not, oh well, not a huge loss.
    09-03-09 07:57 PM

same issue with companies....the phone number makes aliases.....maybe there is something with that......
    09-03-09 08:09 PM
    Restore from backup seems to be stalling on reloading my SMS messages (3000+). I walked away from the computer at that point during the first sync and came back to a "sync failed" message. Trying again now and it is still seemingly stuck at the SMS point. If this one fails I am going to try again with SMS unchecked and see what happens. I can think of far worse things to lose than my texts.
    mine did the same thing.....disconnect......batt pull......force quit.....i will all be good!!.....

just synced my BB tour with Leopard- 10.5.7 no issues whatsoever, was able to sync my music from itunes as well.

The only thing I wasnt sure of was how to get the latest BBOS, unless I did find it and the device manager told me I already have the latest one.
    i had this same question.....would it work well with the snow leopard......don't really know either way......
    09-03-09 08:17 PM
    Isolated SMS restore worked. Took forever, but it worked. I am now back to my pre-DM state.

Another thing I noticed - the Media Card is inaccessible by the BlackBerry while it is connected to DM. As such, wallpapers disappear when the device comes back after the sync screen and if you are to get a call/text/email while the device is connected, you will not hear your tones *if they are stored on the Media Card*. Interesting.
    09-03-09 08:25 PM
    Isolated SMS restore worked. Took forever, but it worked. I am now back to my pre-DM state.

Another thing I noticed - the Media Card is inaccessible by the BlackBerry while it is connected to DM. As such, wallpapers disappear when the device comes back after the sync screen and if you are to get a call/text/email while the device is connected, you will not hear your tones *if they are stored on the Media Card*. Interesting.
    that is standard in DM.....like windows....when the DM is mounted to the mem card....the berry takes 2nd and isn't allowed to access it......
    09-03-09 08:39 PM
    Is there a way to erase calendar data on the phone without hooking it up to a PC DTM? I have duplicates that aren't getting erased and I would like to start over.
    09-03-09 08:50 PM
    i haven't really posted anything on the site b4 but i pretty much screwed myself when i bought my macbook because I have a tour from VZW... anyways, i just got my macbook today and i saw that this DM was just leaked and i just tried it and it worked seamlessly. my notes and tasks went to my mail app and the calendar synced to ical with no problem and the same with my contacts to address book as well. I'm running a mb pro 13 with snow leopard and like i said it works seamlessly so if you have a tour THIS IS THE WAY TO GO for now at least!!
    09-03-09 09:17 PM

How do you get it to sync with Entourage I'm not seeing that option.
    09-03-09 09:24 PM
    It syncs with your Mac Address Book and iCal, but in Entourage, as you would if you used Missing Sync, open the Preferences and enable all of the Sync Services options. This will allow for synchronization between Entourage and your Mac programs. It's sketchy sometimes, but it's the only way, right now, to do that.

For Notes, select Entourage Notes for the sync account setting. For tasks, select Entourage in the add tasks created on the BlackBerry setting.
    09-03-09 09:36 PM
    Everything I've tried has worked flawlessly. Syncing calendar, contacts, music, and also back up. No problems whatsoever. Love it!
    09-03-09 09:38 PM
    is there a waY to install this on windows
    09-03-09 09:41 PM
    is there a waY to install this on windows
    You're kidding right
    09-03-09 09:50 PM
    actually no i like the way the mac version looks over the windows version
    09-03-09 09:53 PM
    ok this started out ok but now it says "waiting for device to restart" the phone is just sitting here in reboot mode with the square clock in the middle. Its been like this for a while and I don't know what to do now. Please help! Thanks
    09-03-09 10:28 PM
178 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD