I placed a request for a refund already from Missing Sync before I discovered that BB DM for Mac does not have Photo Sync. How often does RIM update their Mac product?

John
    02-15-10 02:51 AM
    i don't know if this will help you or not, but i recently had a bricked BB and had to get a new one last week. so luckily with frequent backups to my DM for mac, i was able to back everything up effortlessly.

however, i thought it wasn't backing up my photos or videos, but it turned out it did. everything was there (minus the 3rd party apps and themes).

make sure when you plug in your phone and open up your DM that you turn on the mass storage. i believe if you don't enable that, it won't back up photos, etc.

then i just clicked restore and it worked.

as far as how long RIM updates their DM for mac, well, it took them this long to get it out there to begin with.
    02-15-10 08:15 AM
    i don't know if this will help you or not, but i recently had a bricked BB and had to get a new one last week. so luckily with frequent backups to my DM for mac, i was able to back everything up effortlessly.

however, i thought it wasn't backing up my photos or videos, but it turned out it did. everything was there (minus the 3rd party apps and themes).

make sure when you plug in your phone and open up your DM that you turn on the mass storage. i believe if you don't enable that, it won't back up photos, etc.

then i just clicked restore and it worked.

as far as how long RIM updates their DM for mac, well, it took them this long to get it out there to begin with.
    You have impressive artwork. I have mass storage enabled and the Mac DM does not backup Photos that are on the SD Card.

John
    02-15-10 06:06 PM
    If you're looking for a way to backup your pictures and video besides DM, you should try mIQ out. It will sync all your media to the web and lets you download them to your computer...mac or pc

If you try it let us know what you think!
    02-15-10 06:14 PM
    If you're looking for a way to backup your pictures and video besides DM, you should try mIQ out. It will sync all your media to the web and lets you download them to your computer...mac or pc

I tried it out, its easy to set up and is pretty cool. the uploading is reletively quick <5 min
    02-28-10 04:21 AM
    Great info.. Thanks!
    03-02-10 03:17 PM
    So if I am understanding this conversation, the Desktop Manager for the iMac isn't an option and only a 3rd party app is required. I have no problem doing that but I don't understand why photos and videos aren't included for the Mac. I've only had my Mac for a couple of months but my Windows DM for my Storm had everything. However, you couldn't pay me enough to go back to Windows so it looks like I have no choice.

The above was my initial question, but now there's a twist. Every time I connect my Storm, BLACKBERRY1 and BLACKBERRY2 display on my desktop. When I open Finder and select BLACKBERRY1, 7 system folders show. When I select BLACKBERRY2, 2 folders display. It looks like the following:
    BLACKBERRY1
    - appdata
    - applications
    - Blackberry
    - dev
    - home
    - system
    - tmp

BLACKBERRY2
    - Blackberry
    - audiobooks
    - documents
    - dvz_temp
    - music
    - pictures
    - podcasts
    - ringtones
    - system
    - videos
    - voicenotes
    - music

How do I get my DM to recognize the Blackberry2 instead, since it has all the files I want/need?
    Last edited by Sullibury; 03-12-10 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Further details to original question
    03-12-10 03:19 PM

THANK YOU miQ!!!. You have saved me from days, weeks and months trying anything to download my pics from my BB to desktop manager on my MAC and nothing and I mean nothing seemed to work or be acceptable...except you!

I think I have fallen in love...muuuaaahhh!
    05-31-10 10:25 AM
    THANK YOU miQ!!!. You have saved me from days, weeks and months trying anything to download my pics from my BB to desktop manager on my MAC and nothing and I mean nothing seemed to work or be acceptable...except you!

I think I have fallen in love...muuuaaahhh!
    You are so welcome! We're glad you're loving it
    06-08-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD