Hello,

I am completely new to BB, I just got my 8520 today which makes this problem even more frustrating. I will describe it in as much detail as possible here:

After I first started up my BB I went through the setup wizard. I set up the settings including email (gmail) and wifi. When I was done with the wizard I checked my messages. One of them asked me if I wanted to install a gmail app. I clicked the link and went thorugh the download proccess. When It finished (or at least I assumed it had finished) I pressed the "back button" on my BB. This is where something went wrong. I got an error message saying something along the line of "app error xxx reset". After that it reset itself, but it dosen't actually restart, it just stays in the boot screen with the little black clock. I am using a mac and I have installed the software, but it wont connect. The program says "waiting for device to start up", "connecting" and "device update failed". After that the BB restarts and the cycle repeats itself. If the BB is not connected to the mac it stays in the boot screen indefinitely as far as I've seen so far.

Would appreciate any solutions, help or advice on this problem.

Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 05:44 PM
    Sounds like you have a nuked device, for this, you would need a PC. Download the most recent updates on the forum, and follow the directions on restoring it. About the only thing you can do with a mac is backup and restore your BB.

05-05-10 02:24 AM
    Hi Opfer,

Sounds like something went wrong loading the gmail app (corrupt file?),

Here's a link that will help you reset your device:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...ry-mac-336488/

And here's the link to the Mac users forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/

Follow the instructions and you should be good to go!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/
    05-05-10 03:11 AM
    Problem solved. I gave up trying to reinstall the OS on my mac. Instead I managed to get my GF's old PC working and used that to reinstall the OS.

My first obstacle was to actually connect the device to the PC. I worked this out by first opening the Application Loader and then connecting the BB (without battery) to the PC via USB. At the moment the app loader detected the device as "unknown"I hit next. After that I put the battery back and I was able to install the OS.

It took a few attempts - after reinstalling the BB would work for 5 minutes then I would get amother "app error 523". Finally after reinstalling at least five times I sweeped the device. I got another 523, but this time my BB just restarted and it has been working properly since.

Thanks for helping me

Last edited by opfer; 05-07-10 at 04:22 AM.
    05-07-10 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD