I just recently purchased a BB Bold from another forum member here; I have Missing Sync for my Mac and BB 8310 and everything works great for the 8310, but when I plug the usb cable from the Bold to the Mac, all it will do is charge, it will not even show up on my desktop as mounted. Am I missing a setting or something on the Bold? If it would mount to the Mac's hard drive, then I would say I don't have Missing Sync installed correctly on the Bold, but, as stated earlier it will not mount to the hard drive.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    09-05-09 09:17 AM
    I'm not a mac user but I know you have to have the drivers for the BB installed on a PC before it will charge or sync. Have you done that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 10:21 AM
    Maybe if you offer your BB an apple or some Mac phermones it will mount your Mac.

A little Saturday morning levity...
    09-05-09 10:34 AM
    Maybe if you offer your BB an apple or some Mac phermones it will mount your Mac.

DANG IT! I was gonna say the exact same thing... and you beat me to it. *sad*
    09-05-09 10:40 AM
    I know, I know, it's sounds funny, but that's what it's supposed to do. I've got two 8310s and they mount perfectly, but not the Bold. any ideas?
    09-05-09 11:21 AM

DANG IT! I was gonna say the exact same thing... and you beat me to it. *sad*
    It must be the long weekend thing. I too went in that same direction.

To the OP, sorry I cannot be of any help. I do not own a Mac. I hope you get it resolved soon.

Bryan
    09-05-09 11:23 AM
    Go into options then memory. Turn on the first and second settings

09-05-09 11:27 AM
    Do what the person above me said. It turns on mass storage mode or whatever. Also, what is missing sync? just use the Blackberry desktop manager for mac.

Leaked: BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac!!!!! | CrackBerry.com

i use it and it works fine.
    09-05-09 11:40 AM
    I'm not a mac user but I know you have to have the drivers for the BB installed on a PC before it will charge or sync. Have you done that?

Well, on the Mac you have to use Missing Sync to sync contacts and such, but the Mac should at least recognize the SD card.
    09-05-09 11:48 AM
    Go into options then memory. Turn on the first and second settings

They are both on already
    09-05-09 11:50 AM
    Do what the person above me said. It turns on mass storage mode or whatever. Also, what is missing sync? just use the Blackberry desktop manager for mac.

Leaked: BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac!!!!! | CrackBerry.com

i use it and it works fine.
    OK, great I'll give it a try, I didn't know it was out yet. I've been using VMware Fusion on the Mac for BB OS and such.
    09-05-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD