Hey guys!
    I can't get my new Macbook Pro to sync with my BB Curve.
    It tries to connect using Pocket Mac and sends an error saying Could not connect, skipping.
    Anyone has found a workaround for this?

Hopefully someone can help.
    Thanks much,
    Teo
    11-18-08 10:23 PM
    BB and Missing sync working on a fix. I think PocketMac has an update, however Missing Sycn does not. If using Windows on your Mac, there is no update yet. Maybe OS 10.5.6 will address it from Apple.
    12-08-08 10:11 PM
    PocketMac does indeed have an updated driver available which should work. You can get it from PocketMac's support site.

A few people have gotten Missing Sync to work with the late 2008 Macbooks, but I think it's mainly due to heavy experimentation, there is no fixed set of instructions on how to get Missing Sync to work properly.

However, I have word from MarkSpace (the developers of Missing Sync) that the new version that they're working on (no release timetable yet) not only will support the late 2008 Macbooks, but will also include Bluetooth syncing!
    12-10-08 10:22 AM
    I'm seeing some reports out there that the firmware updates that Apple released this week for the unibody MBs/MBPs have solved the syncing issue and that Missing Sync now works properly with the late 2008 models...anyone tried it after applying the firmware updates?
    12-11-08 11:10 PM
    new mac book same old problem. still wont sync.

no big deal if i was a caveman i guess.
    12-13-08 12:01 AM
    I use Missing sync also. If you have a new MacBook or MacBook Pro (Unibody) you cannot sync your BB using Missing Sync. However, MarkSpace who makes Missing Sync, now says that upgrading your Mac OS software to 10.5.6 will solve your problems. However, I have done this and still cannot sync my BB with Missing Sync.

One note, you cannot have both Missing Sync and PocketMac on your computer, at least according to MarkSpace.

I have emailed MarkSpace for a fix and will post it when they email me back.

If anyone here has a fix, please post.
    12-21-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD