So I can't my new Bold to sync with the Pocketmac, it hangs up either half way or about 90%.

So when you plug in the phone to your mac via usb connection, directly connected do you turn the phone off or leave it on? Would this make a difference?

I'm getting very frustrated with this phone. While it has great features that the Iphone is sorely missing, it's not as user friendly.
    11-22-08 02:47 AM
    jjp007,

try connect your Bold before you start up PM. should solve the problem.
    11-22-08 12:09 PM
    Nope still not working. I can't get it to upgrade of to sync. Sigh

while I've just upgraded my Iphone and sync'd it with not one problems. Not looking good for the BB
    11-23-08 01:40 AM
    Blackberrys are not very Mac-friendly, but it's worth the effort to get it right. To begin with, make sure your phone is on and plugged into the USB before starting pocketmac. Then check the sync options by clicking on the Blackberry phone icon and then advanced preferences. FYI, I could never get the email to sync properly to Entourage, but since I don't like and don't use Entourage or the OSX mail, I turned it off and therefore don't have problems with that.

You may wish to pony-up $40.00 and get Missing Sync (I haven't). The general consensus on these CB forums seems to be that it is a much better program than pocketmac.

Eventually you will want (read NEED) access to Blackberry Desktop Manager to do a complete backup of your device and also to update the OS. At this time this can only be done on a Windows OS.

Word is that sometime in the 1st quarter of 2009 there will be a Mac version of Desktop Manager. So, if all else fails hang in there, help is on the way.
    11-23-08 03:00 AM
    Blackberrys are not very Mac-friendly, but it's worth the effort to get it right. To begin with, make sure your phone is on and plugged into the USB before starting pocketmac. Then check the sync options by clicking on the Blackberry phone icon and then advanced preferences. FYI, I could never get the email to sync properly to Entourage, but since I don't like and don't use Entourage or the OSX mail, I turned it off and therefore don't have problems with that.

You may wish to pony-up $40.00 and get Missing Sync (I haven't). The general consensus on these CB forums seems to be that it is a much better program than pocketmac.

Eventually you will want (read NEED) access to Blackberry Desktop Manager to do a complete backup of your device and also to update the OS. At this time this can only be done on a Windows OS.

Word is that sometime in the 1st quarter of 2009 there will be a Mac version of Desktop Manager. So, if all else fails hang in there, help is on the way.
    Thank you for your help.
    11-24-08 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD