Hi All

I've been trying to back up my 9700 on my mac but has not been working recently for some reason.

After the backup reaches about 70-80% i get a message saying back failed.

Any ideas to why this is happening?

How can i fix the problem?
    05-27-10 09:41 AM
    I've been having the exact same problem on my Storm. Both the earlier version and after the update yesterday.
    05-27-10 10:09 AM
    I don't know if this will help or not, but I backed up my g/f's 8520 a few months ago on her Mac laptop. I had to update the OS to get it to synch right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 11:01 AM
    I don't know if this will help or not, but I backed up my g/f's 8520 a few months ago on her Mac laptop. I had to update the OS to get it to synch right.

Thats the thing. I'm trying to backup as a precaution in order to upgrade my OS. I dont want to risk upgrading and losing all my data while not having a backup!
    05-27-10 04:25 PM
    DM on a Mac is a *POS*. (That's not Palm OS either!!!)
    Can't get it to even see my address book from the Mac.

Waste of time.
    05-27-10 05:16 PM
    Well if initially the back up was getting to 70-80 %, then your address book is backing up. However what I found is that my backup would always freeze/fail once it got to the portion to back my bbgroups (which I am only a member of 2).
    I would make sure that u have the last desktop manager for mac (I know that they recently had an update), and instead of one full backup, do 2 partial backups. One backing everything but the bbgroups, and the other backing up just the bbgroups.

05-27-10 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD