Just wondering if anyone has any experience backing up their Z10 to Link on both Mac and Windows for comparision purposes? I'm just really shocked that the back-up to Link for Mac can take as long as it does via USB. I thought the first back up was understandably slow (15-20 minutes) due to backing up everything for the first time, or even after the OS update to 10.1. But I find it is at least a 10 minute process each time if I'm backing up once per week (which would include some updated versions of apps, and some modest new data inputs for Contacts, Calendar). Is this the norm for anyone using backup? Are successive back-up supposed to be incremental (i.e. only new data a la Time Machine), or does it have to back-up everything from scratch each time?
    06-13-13 09:49 AM
    Any Mac and Windows users that can help here?
    07-28-13 10:24 PM
    I have a mac and i had to cancel it because it took so long

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    07-28-13 10:26 PM
    Since upgrading the OS to 10.2, my Link backups have been very unstable. It's been taking several tries and phone reboots to get a clean backup. The phone connects ok and is showing in Link. The first problem is that it hangs up trying to establish a wireless connection (no idea why it does this AFTER I plug it in). So I cancel that, but the progress bar never goes away.

Next is when I start the backup. Sometimes it will hang on 'preparing to backup' without actually going anywhere. But the most frequent issue is it starts the backup and then hangs up part way making no progress at all. I've waited for a half hour for it to resume itself, but it never does. I have to cancel the backup and disconnect the phone, at which point the phone has to be rebooted in order to use it again.

Last week it took three reboots before I got a full backup to complete. Last night before loading up 10.2.0.1443, I never did get a backup to complete. I'll mess with it over the weekend but right now I'm frustrated as hell.
    08-30-13 06:37 AM
    My experience with Link/Mac combo was unsatisfactory from the beginning and now with the TMO upgrade to .4200 it is even worse, painful. Not happy...too confusing, takes too long, not intuitive, etc. IMHO, BB needs to go for a redesign. Would not recommend it to a friend and would give it 0 stars.
    09-08-13 01:10 PM
    Same as above comments, I have never once successfully been able to use Link on Mac :-(. Nothing ever works, regardless of how much time and love talks I give it. Link is the opposite of Linked.
    09-12-13 06:57 PM
    I have a Z10 ans a MacBook Pro. I just loaded the update, Blackberry Link for Max V 1.1.1.35 to the MacBook Pro.

The backup of my Z10 went relatively smooth and faster than with earlier versions of BB Link.

I tried the contact sync and results were less than satisfactory: Contacts all synced from Z10 to the MacBook Pro; all my 650 contacts on the Z10 were duplicated except for the few that I had entered manually before the sync.
    09-23-13 01:43 PM