Hi,

I feel like this must be a common question, but I've googled and searched endlessly and haven't found anything that addresses the question post-DM for Mac.

So, is there a way to back up third party apps on a mac? I have had roughly 13,454 552 errors, and each time I've had to download each app separately... and so on for an hour. This really seems like something that RIM should incorporate into the regular backup function, especially as 3rd party apps become more and more of the BB experience. But c'est la vie.

Thanks,
    Asher
    12-28-09 02:03 AM
    Hi,

I feel like this must be a common question, but I've googled and searched endlessly and haven't found anything that addresses the question post-DM for Mac.

So, is there a way to back up third party apps on a mac? I have had roughly 13,454 552 errors, and each time I've had to download each app separately... and so on for an hour. This really seems like something that RIM should incorporate into the regular backup function, especially as 3rd party apps become more and more of the BB experience. But c'est la vie.

Thanks,
    Asher
    Have you tried doing a full backup of your device and then searching your PIN on your Mac? You may find a folder that contains an .alx file along with .cod files for all of your 3rd party apps. I'm at work so I can't actually try this right now but it is just a thought based on DM for windows functionality with backing up apps.
    Hope it works for you!
    01-01-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD