hi there! ok, i did search through the forum and wasn't able to find any assistance in what i'm needing help for. i have emailed RIM and nothing. i was on the phone with verizon tech and nothing...basically, i'm on my own and asking for help from you guys!

i have a bold 9650 and a macbook pro and can't backup 3rd party apps. i plug my bb to my computer using the USB cord and DM will open and ask for a password. i do all that and click on applications and try to uncheck some of the applications to delete them, but i keep getting error popups. the most recent one reads:
    "validation failed because a module marked for update (net_rim_bb_qm_api) is not available on local disk"

i've had other ones relating to bb appworld. i tried deleting DM and re-downloading from RIM's site and deleted appworld and re-downloaded. i don't want to do a wipe as i'm afraid i'll lose all the apps and themes i have and not be able to retrieve them.

please please can someone help? thanks!
    09-19-10 04:36 AM
    Try doing CX's method. Use the DM to do a device switch. When it asks you to physically switch devices do not. Search for a folder named after the PIN of your device. That will be a 3rd party app backup. Copy it to your Desktop and then ensure it contains an alx file as well as all the COD files for your apps. After that just cancel the device switch. You can then do a restore by doing an app install via the DM but point it to the alx file in the PIN folder on your desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 11:26 PM
    Try doing CX's method. Use the DM to do a device switch. When it asks you to physically switch devices do not. Search for a folder named after the PIN of your device. That will be a 3rd party app backup. Copy it to your Desktop and then ensure it contains an alx file as well as all the COD files for your apps. After that just cancel the device switch. You can then do a restore by doing an app install via the DM but point it to the alx file in the PIN folder on your desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks for posting a response, i really appreciate it! i searched and i couldn't find a device switch option in my DM
    10-07-10 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD