Four things to know about Blackberry Desktop for Mac:

BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac: Four things to know | Software | Macworld
    08-04-09 03:35 PM
    Great find, Jabohn. Interesting points about RIM trying to prevent "leaked software" from loading. I guess I will still have to fire up the old PC once in a while to install a new OS, because there is no way I'm going with the official AT&T release, complete with its disabling of BB maps and force running of that memory hogging push-to-talk application.
    08-04-09 08:08 PM
    I was wondering if they are preventing the loading of unofficial OS releases by removing the "vendor" file, or making some other method. No doubt someone will eventually find a way around it.
    08-04-09 09:31 PM
    yep, you won't be able to load any unofficial os on the mac desktop, at least this is what i've tried...
    08-05-09 04:45 AM
    i have some screenshoot....
    here's one

skitch.com/wolwol/b48rs/blackberry-desktop-manager
    Last edited by wolwol; 08-05-09 at 04:51 AM. Reason: attaching link
    08-05-09 04:51 AM
    i have some screenshoot....
    here's one

skitch.com/wolwol/b48rs/blackberry-desktop-manager
    The new DM for Mac really looks sweet. Can you add any comments about if the leaked software are blocked from being installed?
    08-05-09 08:40 AM
    The new DM for Mac really looks sweet. Can you add any comments about if the leaked software are blocked from being installed?
    yea, somehow am on jave's os 250 but the dm actually adviced me to downgrade to other os

skitch.com/wolwol/b48ru/blackberry-desktop-manager

also it allows me to use the bb as a modem seamlessly, it's automatically detected in the sys pref network as a new modem

skitch.com/wolwol/b4en9/network
    08-05-09 11:04 AM
    all os are downloaded.....no idea how one would upgrade with new os...at least for now.
    08-05-09 11:05 AM
    Is the new DM for mac gonna make it possible to create themes?
    08-05-09 12:02 PM
    You need Plazmic to create themes, a separate program. Hopefully that is next on their list, after making DM feature complete.
    08-05-09 12:08 PM
    Great find, Jabohn. Interesting points about RIM trying to prevent "leaked software" from loading. I guess I will still have to fire up the old PC once in a while to install a new OS, because there is no way I'm going with the official AT&T release, complete with its disabling of BB maps and force running of that memory hogging push-to-talk application.

I agree with everything you typed.

I thought I'd finally be able to sell my PC laptop...I guess I'll hang on to it.
    08-05-09 12:45 PM
    I wonder if we will finally be able to break apart OS's

My guess is the way they will prevent it is to release Mac only versions of the official OS's. The unofficial ones will prob stay as .exe files

Although we could always just get copies of the files within the .exe
    08-05-09 03:01 PM
    I wonder if we will finally be able to break apart OS's

My guess is the way they will prevent it is to release Mac only versions of the official OS's. The unofficial ones will prob stay as .exe files

Although we could always just get copies of the files within the .exe
    was wondering that myself. I imagine it may take disassembling the exe file and manually creating the correct file structure for mac
    08-06-09 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD