If I use missing sync on my mac to perform all operations ,Can I still use my pc at work to perform updates and other functions on my 8130?

If so do I just install desktop manager or how do I get updates ?

Can I also install other applications this way ?

Thanks
    03-04-08 05:41 AM
    If I use missing sync on my mac to perform all operations ,Can I still use my pc at work to perform updates and other functions on my 8130?

If so do I just install desktop manager or how do I get updates ?

Can I also install other applications this way ?

Thanks
    Yes you can still use DT Manager to install updates, load apps and themes. BUT... I have noticed that if you load a theme using PocketMac, for whatever reason when you connect to DT Manager on a PC, it says the theme is unknown and will delete it.
    As to question 2, just install it on whatever PC you want to use for updating. You will also have to install a copy of the device's OS along with the DT software.
    You can install apps using either PocketMac or DTM, but as of right now for the above reasons, I would use DTM on a PC untill they come out with a Mac version.
    03-04-08 06:20 AM
    Yes you can still use DT Manager to install updates, load apps and themes. BUT... I have noticed that if you load a theme using PocketMac, for whatever reason when you connect to DT Manager on a PC, it says the theme is unknown and will delete it.
    As to question 2, just install it on whatever PC you want to use for updating. You will also have to install a copy of the device's OS along with the DT software.
    You can install apps using either PocketMac or DTM, but as of right now for the above reasons, I would use DTM on a PC untill they come out with a Mac version.
    I use missing sync..I think im just going to skip the entire pc thing,,Ill just wait for a mac program

I would like to get some themes and some songs ,,

Any idea how.

Missing sync wont do my itunes even with a media card.

is there a place to download two or three songs and a theme or 2 on my BB browser?

Thanks
    03-04-08 11:33 PM
    I use missing sync..I think im just going to skip the entire pc thing,,Ill just wait for a mac program

I would like to get some themes and some songs ,,

Any idea how.

Missing sync wont do my itunes even with a media card.

is there a place to download two or three songs and a theme or 2 on my BB browser?

Thanks
    To load media file is one thing to install themes or apps is another.
    To load media, as in songs, pictures, videos, ring tones, you can either load them directly onto the memory card using a card reader, or with the DTM software (I know you don't want to load it), With PocketMac via USB, maybe using USB directly and setting your BB to Mass Storage Mode, but there is issues with the 8130 and OS X10.5 Leopard, or by BlueTooth.
    To install/load themes or apps, you can either do it OTA (Over The Air), again with the DTM, or Pocketmac. You can not just copy theme or app files as these need to be installed vs copied.
    For themes you can get OTA, there are tons here on the Crackberry site, also look in the Themes forum below. Try here to: Themes4BB.com| Free BlackBerry Themes| Multimedia For Your Berry
    You will need to go to these sites with the Browser in your BB and select the OTA link to start the download.
    For songs, I just rip them from my CD's convert them to mp3 and copy to my card with a card reader. You can use iTunes songs, but since the are DRM protected, you need to burn them to a CD as a mp3, then import them back into iTunes.
    I don't know of any, nor have I looked, for any sites that you can download songs directly to your BB. Just easier to do it myself.

I hope I have answered you questions, if you have more, you know where to find us!
    03-05-08 05:14 AM
    As a MAC user, I loaded all my media directly onto a media card via a USB card reader. It didn't take anything more than a drag & drop method. No Desktop Manager needed....no PocketMac app needed.
    03-05-08 09:41 AM
    I can't install apps through PocketMac. Is this part of the Leopard problems with BlackBerry? I can choose "install" and locate the file, but then nothing ever happens.
    05-29-08 07:59 AM
    i just used pocketmac to sync "bubblepopper" (as seen in this week's free applications) to my bb curve 8310. it worked just fine...

i just went to utilities>install software to device found the software, and clicked open. then i synced my bb to it, worked flawlessly.
    06-08-08 03:50 PM
    I'm able to install programs with PocketMac too - but sometimes it takes several tries. PMac will say "connecting" but nothing happens. But when you finally get the window asking you to confirm that you want to install a program, you usually are successful from there.
    06-08-08 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD