I have a mac and I have found ways around getting my contacts and calendar to sync since I use google I use the google sync. Is there anyway to update my OS or am I gonna have to find someone with a PC? Mac and BB are enemies it seems.
    04-02-09 01:36 PM
    You have to use Bootcamp, Parallels or VMWare to boot into Windows. Once there, DM works.

If anyone has a Mac-only method, please help!
    04-02-09 01:50 PM
    I had way too many issues to recommend trying it with Parallels. I have 3.0 and could never get DM to connect to my phone. When searching for solutions I came across reports of people bricking there phones with DM running on Parallels. Parallels is a POS when it comes to certain things. If you have a choice I think VMWare is a better solution.

Boot camp however works like a charm for me. You need an Intel based Mac and a copy of windows.

There is a mac sub-forum too you may want to check out.
    04-02-09 02:06 PM
    either you use one fo the virtual apps like VM or Parallels with a windows OS or you wait for the official to be released and do it OTA. Finding a PC at work, etc is th only other way lots of us get around this.
    04-02-09 02:10 PM
    As long as the leaks are .exe files, there is no Mac-only method. Bootcamp comes with any intel-based Mac so all you need is a copy of Windows from that point.

Thats why this OTA capability for official releases is so exciting for Mac owners
    04-02-09 02:10 PM
    I had way too many issues to recommend trying it with Parallels. I have 3.0 and could never get DM to connect to my phone. When searching for solutions I came across reports of people bricking there phones with DM running on Parallels. Parallels is a POS when it comes to certain things. If you have a choice I think VMWare is a better solution.

Boot camp however works like a charm for me. You need an Intel based Mac and a copy of windows.

There is a mac sub-forum too you may want to check out.
    I had problems with 3.0 all the way around with everything. 4.0 is much improved
    04-02-09 02:11 PM
    I personally use VMWare and DM works fine on it. I probably should have pointed that out earlier... oops!
    04-02-09 02:12 PM
    I had problems with 3.0 all the way around with everything. 4.0 is much improved
    Yeah well when I already paid for Parallels I am not going to pay for it again to get 4.0 to get it to do what it was supposed to do already.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

3.0 can't even figure out how to update itself. It locks up the computer and .dmg file it downloads is unusable...... I went to tech support and saw the solution is some whacked out, multi-step, cluster f*$&k where you have to go in to terminal and do tons of commands and weird stuff....sorry but that's ridiculous and if you have to all that crazy stuff just to update it how can you have any confidence stuff will work better once you do all that?

I just partitioned 15 GB for bootcamp to do my blackberry stuff, only thing I need windows for anyway. Plus I can use XP at work.
    04-02-09 02:19 PM
    i use a vmware install with xp, and its never failed me, but i would definitely love a way to do it in osx so i could rid myself of vmware entirely (my bb is the only thing i use it for anymore)
    04-02-09 02:37 PM
    i use a vmware install with xp, and its never failed me, but i would definitely love a way to do it in osx so i could rid myself of vmware entirely (my bb is the only thing i use it for anymore)
    +1
    I also use Vmware on a macbook, DM working with 0 problems, but also wish RIM makes a osx version (I hate to use that thing... how is it called? win... dous ? )
    04-02-09 05:12 PM
    Dont you have friends who have PC with windows, cant you just go to their house and put it on or something?

Solved...
    04-02-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD