I know when I plugged my iphone in my contacts were in itunes when you unplug it there gone. I had my iphone and blackberry stolen so I lost all my contacts. I was wondering if there is a way that itunes still has my contacts somewhere in there.
    04-03-09 04:34 PM
    Do you have a Mac or a PC?

If you have a Mac, there is a way ... mainly because you contacts are actually stored in Address Book.app. That means you can use PocketMac or MissingSync (whichever works for you) to get it all sync'd up.

If you're on a PC, then you're asking in the wrong sub-forum.
    04-03-09 05:47 PM
    Use a PC, sync to Outlook or Outlook Express with the iPhone. Install Desktop Manager and sync your BlackBerry to the same program. Done. Easy.
    04-03-09 05:49 PM
    Use a PC, sync to Outlook or Outlook Express with the iPhone. Install Desktop Manager and sync your BlackBerry to the same program. Done. Easy.
    Don't think that's going to be an option.

From the OP: "I had my iphone and blackberry stolen."
    04-03-09 05:53 PM
    Just tell it to transfer!! They don't call it the "Jesus" phone for nothing!
    04-03-09 05:56 PM
    Just tell it to transfer!! They don't call it the "Jesus" phone for nothing!
    ROFLMAO! Oh my goodness.
    04-03-09 05:57 PM
    Yeah I do have a mac but like most people are complaining about I cant get this pocketmac crap to sync. error 1 skipping
    04-03-09 06:01 PM
    Sorry. I did not completely read the OP's post.

As far as I know, the iPhne will sync everything to iTunes, contact and all.

The best way would be to obtain a new iPhone and sync it to iTunes. That way you should get everything back however I realize that this may not be an option until the insurance coughs up.

Have a look in iTunes and in Outlook if that's whay you are running, and you should see you conacts in one or other.

For the BlackBerry, if you are runing Desktop Manager under Windows then a periodic AutoBackup should have been made so check in My Documents for the latest .ipd file.

I have no idea how Macs organize data so can offer no help.
    04-03-09 06:06 PM
    I actually did find the address book and all of them are saved their thanks for the help! The only problem is if the damn phone doesn't sync I cannot get them anyway
    04-03-09 06:10 PM
    Just be sure to make a backup bof address book and ical before you try to sync. If pocketmac doesn't work, use the uninstaller to get rid of it and install the trial of missing sync 2.0.1.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 10:38 AM
    The only problem is if the damn phone doesn't sync I cannot get them anyway
    I've found Google to be the universal solution for backing up my Contacts.

1. Download A to G.app from here.

2. Export your Address Book contacts to .csv format.

3. Log into Gmail (make account if necessary). Navigate to contacts and import. Point Gmail to the .csv file A to G.app just made for you. All your contacts should be in Gmail.

4. Get Google Sync for Blackberry from here (download this from your BB).

You can let Google Sync auto update and your contacts are backed up. If you have an iPhone and a BB you can setup Google Sync on both and keep all your devices synced up over the air.

This also keeps your contacts someone other than on a physical piece of hardware that can fail, be stolen, or destroyed in some awful way
    04-05-09 07:24 AM
    Thanks so much for all the help, for some reason pocket mac decided to work tonight and all my contacts came over without issue. Trying to put my songs on here now taking a little while, but it hasn't failed yet so I am hopeful.
    04-05-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD