10-25-09 04:49 AM
49 12
tools
    It detected my Curve 8900 once. Tried to sync my contacts on to my bb from address book. I selected the faster sync option while setting it up.
    it tried syncing.. failed some error came up.
    After that it it hasn't been able to connect to my device. it says connecting and then just stop.
    Uninstalled & re installed Mac DM. restarted my MacBook.
    also restarted the phone twice.

so far unwelcoming initiation to my first BB.

HELP!
    10-02-09 01:57 PM
    It detected my Curve 8900 once. Tried to sync my contacts on to my bb from address book. I selected the faster sync option while setting it up.
    After that it it hasn't been able to connect to my device. it says connecting and then just stop.

HELP!
    Not using leaked..downloaded it from the BB website earlier today.
    10-02-09 02:21 PM
    Could all this be an issue with the fact that most of you are probably using a leaked OS? jw
    I was wondering the same thing. I'm still running the stock OS on my Tour and have had zero problems syncing Calendar, Contacts and iTunes. The only error I've encountered so far was while trying to delete all of the East Asian Language Support and Fonts.
    10-02-09 02:23 PM
    I've just downloaded it. The first thing I did was back up my BB, which seemed to work, and then I synced my contacts and music. The software deleted all my contacts. I then restored my contacts using the back up just completed, re-synced, and everything is now working fine.

My contacts are also Google Synced (so I wasn't too worried about them being deleted off the BB anyway) and Facebook Connected, and Address Book even pulled the Facebook pictures automatically attached to my contacts on the BB. Nice.

The integrated Media Sync works a lot better than the earlier standalone program - whenever I synced music, it would delete all the music on my BB, and then replace it, rather than add the two or more songs I had added to my Blackberry playlist in iTunes, and would usually take around 20 minutes. The new Media Sync took about 10 seconds.

Thumbs up from me (so far).
    I use google to sync my calendar, how do you sync your contacts with google, i don't have gmail account that i use for email. I want to sync address book on mac with my storm and with outlook on my pc.
    10-02-09 03:30 PM
    The Desktop Manager is working great for me... just one issue. I have seen several people mention this but haven't seen a definitive answer.

Desktop Manager says I don't have a media card installed but it's in there. Media Card support and Mass storage mode is on. I have a Storm 9530. Any advice from someone who may have figured it out?
    10-02-09 07:50 PM
    Absolutely awful. Bricked my phone, now trying to re-install a 9 month old backup off my PC.
    10-02-09 08:14 PM
    Be SURE to UNINSTALL the old beta BEFORE installing the release....it worked fine for me then
    10-02-09 11:15 PM
    just synced my storm and i have to say everything went well. I did not have the beta installed. So far it seems to work for me. The only thing i noticed is that it did not see the memory card installed in my storm. Might have to re-format the card. Don't use the phone as a media player. I even deleted a few items that were installed on the phone like languages with no problem.
    10-03-09 01:13 AM
    Installed DM for Mac tonight. Works great! Connected my Curve 8900, it updated software efficiently, synced my contacts and notes with no problems. Completed a back up of my Curve.

I'm a very happy Blackberry/Mac user now. It's about time!
    10-03-09 01:26 AM

HELP!
    Okay so what i did to resolve this was turned the phone off.
    Removed the battery
    Removed the memory card
    Reinserted the battery
    turned the device back on
    Connected the cable
    Chose the safe sync option
    Voila!

Repeated the above steps but this time inserted the memory card. And worked again.

Managed to copy contacts on to my phone & copy some music.

Took a bit of neuronal activity but at the end of the day, got it to work, so couldn't be any more

RIM & BB Mac DM have redeemed themselves.
    10-03-09 03:09 AM
    I don't think it's too bad. I didn't use the beta version you guys were talking about but I had no problem syncing my contacts, calendar, etc.

It seems like a lite version of DM to say the least however..
    10-03-09 04:15 AM
    The beta would not sync at all for me. Now this official version wont sync my iCal nor will it read my media card. It's 2009! Get it together RIM!!!
    10-03-09 05:39 AM
    Downloaded it last night. Works fine. Backed up, but I have a question for you guys.

Basically I've once synced the BB with my Mac before. Now that I have downloaded the new DM I wanted to sync my contacts, now since the last time I synced (used PocketMac) I've added more contacts and contact details etc...

All I want to do is sync my contacts and have all my contacts on my BB on my Mac, which option do I press as I do not want to erase my BB contacts and I do not want any duplicates...

The options that come up are:

Merge Data
    Replace device data

Any help would be grateful!

Kornelius
    10-03-09 06:12 AM
    Merge Data
    10-03-09 06:14 AM
    Thanking you!
    10-03-09 06:30 AM
    I installed DM for Mac and it erased my contact list and tasks on my device. it also duplicated all of my calendar items. I did not install any beta version. For me, this thing is not ready for prime time. I got rid of it and went back to Missing Sync. After a lot of screwing around, all is fine again.
    10-03-09 08:07 AM
    I too downloaded the DM yesterday, and all went well. No issues. I did not use the leaked version. Pocketmac has not worked for me in months so this is a great day. Its about time.
    10-03-09 08:50 AM
    I have a Curve with v4.5.0.169 and a MacBook with Mac OS X v10.5.8.

I downloaded DM yesterday. No problems syncing iCal, Address Book, Notes, or Tasks. It synced Music just fine, just not the *protected* music from iTunes. This is light years better the PocketMac. When syncing I can actually see what is being merged, deleted or added and control how that is being done. And now I can actually add music!

My only issue with this is this damn BBLaunchAgent that is active whether or not DM is opened or not. I cannot quit it, force quit it, or get it to go away by restarting. Anyone have any suggestions?
    10-03-09 11:20 AM
    My only issue with this is this damn BBLaunchAgent that is active whether or not DM is opened or not. I cannot quit it, force quit it, or get it to go away by restarting. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Do you have the preferences set to start the DM when you connect the BB? Why does it matter, it only uses about 3.6 mb of memory? If you log-in as a guest does it activate? here is tech info on launch agents/daemons
    Last edited by Statman; 10-03-09 at 11:36 AM.
    10-03-09 11:33 AM
    I tried doing a backup, and it works fine. I'll try out syncing later when I have more time, in case anything goes wrong.

Has anyone had problems quitting the program? Whenever I hit the X to close out the window, or do cmd-Q or Quit program, it just hangs, and hangs, and hangs, and the only way to get rid of it is to do a force quit. And it consumes about 80% of the CPU while its hanging.
    10-03-09 11:38 AM
    Just a heads up, I hope it hasnt been posted but i found a post by sammy_michelle that suggested un checking all languages but english from your berry through the DM for mac. I wasnt able to sync anything, after i did it and my phone rebooted, i was able to sync everything perfectly. I dont use the calendar sync so am unable to verify that!!!
    10-09-09 01:59 PM
    Hi all,

I am running Mac OSx Leopard and have been synching my Curve 8310 with Missing Sync for the past year. I just downloaded and installed the RIM DM for Mac and it is working perfectly. I use IMail, ICal and Apple address book, plus Tasks and Notes. Note: Before you install, you should first perform one final install using your old sync service. Then, uninstall your old service as it will conflict with the RIM DM.

After you install the RIM DM, first backup your Calendar and Address Book, just in case. Then, open Sync Services from the Applications Menu and select Reset Sync Services. This will clear your Sync History and allow you to get started with the RIM DM with no errors. NOTE: On the first sync, it will take quite a while to copy all the data from the Mac to the BB.
    10-12-09 02:16 PM
    anyone using the latest os 5.0?
    any feedback?
    10-25-09 02:34 AM
    Downloaded DM for Mac first day it was out. Synced everything perfect. I have added contacts to my BB and Mac as well as calendar, notes and to dos on both. I have synced nearly everyday and have had no problems.

I started clean on the BB. I had all my info on the Mac. This may be important.
    10-25-09 04:49 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD