Is anyone having an issue with contacts on the phone when using DM for Mac and the Facebook app? Before I went back to Missing Sync I was getting duplicate contacts, one with a field called FaceBook name... and one not. One of these contacts was uneditable.

Then when I tried to delete the address book database I got an error and was left with one contact infinitely repeating.
    09-23-09 06:54 PM
    Similar problem. Got the tour on Saturday, synced it with Mac DM, contacts were fine. Synced again, and now one contact repeats almost 100 times. Tried google sync, Pocket Mac, nothing works. Not sure what to do.
    09-24-09 12:47 AM
    had the same problem and took it to the store. The rep gave me a new one. Then I tried coming home and syncing my contacts again but didn't work. I tried to delete DM from my mac and reinstalling it but now it's not even reading the phone...
    09-24-09 11:43 AM
    My issue is any contact that I synched with the DM becomes uneditable on the phone. I get a message saying "Contact Updated Externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." Also, normally you can enter the edit screen from either the general contact list or after you've clicked on a contact. But, for ones that have been synched, I can only select edit from the main contact list screen. Not that it will let me save anything anyway!

Oh, I'm on a Storm
    09-24-09 02:37 PM
    This is a known issue. When you sync your contacts, DM creates a read-only contact on your phone. Lets hope the official version has fixed this issue.
    09-24-09 03:58 PM
    This is a known issue. When you sync your contacts, DM creates a read-only contact on your phone. Lets hope the official version has fixed this issue.
    Known issue for whom? It works fine for me...perhaps the problem is specific to the device
    09-24-09 05:20 PM
    Known issue for whom? It works fine for me...perhaps the problem is specific to the device
    A known issue for many of us here, with different phones.

MANY posts regarding DM/Mac FAIL and "Contact updated externally" error, and possible fixes.

For now I'm not touching this again. I've already had to wipe and reinstall the OS on my Storm to get things working again. Can't get rid of Windoze quite yet!
    09-24-09 07:38 PM
    known issue here too...my phone/MBP hates the DM leak. i hate that it hates the leak. i also hate that they delayed the release date from tomorrow 9/25 to another week away...grrrrrr!

i actually havent heard all that many positive stories of peeps having good luck with the Mac DM...
    09-24-09 10:49 PM
    I just noticed you are using an 8830...maybe thats why most of use are having probs and your not??? We are Stormtroopers
    09-24-09 10:50 PM
    Having same issue here, contacts synced from MAC address book to berry are read only files, I'm on a bold on 5.0.0.190 ( not that I think the handset or software version matter ) problem with DM for sure, let's hope its addressed in the official version which will hopefully be tomorrow the below pic is the error that flashes up on my screen when I try and save any changes.

Bodisaffa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 10:59 PM
    problem with DM for sure, let's hope its addressed in the official version which will hopefully be tomorrow
    Wont be 2morrow my friend...Bell has announce it...Kevin confirmed it...
    09-24-09 11:02 PM
    When the official does drop am I presuming correctly that it will be an updated version from the leak ?

Bodisaffa

09-25-09 12:01 AM
    I've heard from sources and different forums on the internet but no release today. For good ridence, there is only 5 days left in the month. I'm growing impatient and very frustrated with the delay. This stunt is making me concider purchasing another smart phone, most likely iPhone or the handful of android offerings from T-Mobile, that will easily synce with my MAC and follow through with promises. The leaked version has been a jewel for me but I want the official released version. If it doesn't come out by the end of the month, I'm upgrading to the MyTouch 3G.

09-25-09 10:26 PM
    I've heard from sources and different forums on the internet but no release today. For good ridence, there is only 5 days left in the month. I'm growing impatient and very frustrated with the delay. This stunt is making me concider purchasing another smart phone, most likely iPhone or the handful of android offerings from T-Mobile, that will easily synce with my MAC and follow through with promises. The leaked version has been a jewel for me but I want the official released version. If it doesn't come out by the end of the month, I'm upgrading to the MyTouch 3G.

If your version is working fine, then what's yer gripe? At least your Mac (not MAC, it's Mac) and phone are playing nice together, unlike a LOT of us.
    09-25-09 10:33 PM
    The nice thing about this problem is that I had a "muffled" phone so I got a certified refurbished one after when I took it to the store. Then I had the sync problem and contacts not being able to be edited so the store gave me a brand new Storm! Neat But contacts problem still exists >.<
    09-26-09 03:31 AM
    Is there any fix for the "contact updated externally" error, besides restoring the OS? I really need to be able to edit my contacts via my phone.
    09-28-09 10:52 AM
    I cant back up my profile settings for some strange reason, its the only thing that wont back up. For contacts I had a few issues so i switched to just using google sync, it saved my *** when my 8900 got stolen and i lost a number of an attractive australian girl. luckily google sync backed the number up.
    09-29-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD