Ok I can't be the only one who has to wait nearly an hour to sync a few playlists or photos from my mac to my Bold 9900. My first sync to get around 1200 songs and several playlists to the bold took about 4 hrs.... now I am just removing one photo album and resyncing, so far over 40 minutes and still waiting for 'registering media with device' to finish. Also noticed copying files to 'Blackberry2' from Finder i.e. directly to the media folders can slow down to just 0.1MB/s or less... most weird.

it would seem to me that there is a USB comms issue with the phone and very slow transfer. My iPhone would sync 20 songs in a couple of minutes, on the bold it seems to take forever....

Any advice most appreciated. Using Lion OSX, iMAC 3.06GHz, plugged phone directly into usb socket on back of iMac, latest download of desktop software.....

Simon
    09-26-11 04:30 PM
    same issue here
    09-26-11 10:15 PM
    Same problem.
    I own a Bold 9900 and trying to sync on a MacBook Pro (os 10.7.2).
    Takes more than 15 mins, only to sync the address book and the calendar.
    Syncing music on media card take an hour and a half for 2000 songs.
    Worst, it doesn't really sync. Second time I plug my device, BB Desktop wants to upload already installed song as new ones, resulting in a lack of space.
    Didn't have these problem with my Torch 9800 nor 9810.
    Reminds me of the problems I had with my Palm Pilot.
    Didn't think that switching from an iPhone to a BB would be such a step back in time.
    I love the phone however. Great keyboard.

Any solution anyone?

LC
    10-31-11 08:32 PM
    I own a 9810, using Mac (10.7.2), and the Desktop Manager (v.2.2.0- build 17). I am experiencing longer than usual sync time, not 60-90 minutes though.

Might anyone have any suggestions to fix this? By the way, I am experiencing a lot of weird things going on with the Desktop Manager [not backing-up or ejecting device].

Something is going on that is not right; didn't have this problem 2 months ago.

Peter
    10-31-11 11:37 PM
    I have the same problem very very slow sync and a lot of duplicate data in calendar events.
    MAC OSX 10.5.8 and BB torch 9800 and BB desktop Software v 2.2.0

I can't find a solution. I like Blackberry but this kind of problems ...

Juan
    11-04-11 04:22 AM
    I'm having general problems connecting to the device.
    11-04-11 09:08 AM
    I think the sync time itself is all right, but the step "Registering Media with Device" takes ages!!!!!???
    Any Solutions?
    12-23-11 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD