I have the original software from when I bought my phone and there is a updated software that I want to download but it wont let me open it when its downloaded and I think its b/c I have a mac and not a pc. this software would help my storm out greatly I hear.
    01-15-09 07:25 AM
    You can't update from Mac. I use vmware with windows within the Mac to update my storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 10:09 AM
    You can't update from Mac. I use vmware with windows within the Mac to update my storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    what do you man you use vmware with windows with your mac. a mac doesnnt have windows.
    01-16-09 05:26 AM
    what do you man you use vmware with windows with your mac. a mac doesnnt have windows.
    You can load Windows onto your Mac if you use Boot Camp or software programs like VMware or Parallels. I have Windows Xp on my MBP -running OS X 10.5.6 and using VMware.
    01-18-09 12:05 PM
    01-18-09 12:48 PM
    I have the storm and a Macbook pro 15 in... Can someone please tell me how to load my blackberry contacts onto my mac. I've used pocketmac and when i sync it only syncs like 20 of 300+ contacts. Please help!!!
    01-20-09 11:22 PM
    Don'tburnthepig:

Do you mean you can't open the Pocket Mac software or are you trying to open and install the new BB operating system software.

the others are right, You can't install software with te current version of Pocket Mac.

But you can do an OTA install of new operating system software. The current release is: 4.7.0.75

If that is what you need go to Options; Advanced Options; and then choose Wireless Upgrade use that and follow the prompts.

If your Mac runs with Intel Chips, Boot camp and windows works just fine.

Dunc
    01-21-09 12:27 AM
    Jays
    Download and install the latest version of Pocket Mac.

It will let you sync the BB data to the Mac, the Mac to the BB, or sync the two togeher. Be sure you check the sync choices in the setup before you do te first sync or you may overwrite your BB with the Mac data
    01-21-09 12:30 AM
    And after you install the latest version of pocketmac, be sure and install the Mac USB drivers as well. That download will be at the same location as the Pocketmac files at bb.com. Reboot, plug in your Storm and you should be good to go.
    01-21-09 01:55 PM
    And... Pocketmac is not perfect. It will create duplicates and sometimes lose a contact. Haven't had any calendar issues. I am using Entourage. But the best solution is to load XP Pro SP2 into Boot Camp and use VMware Fusion and you can backup, sync to windows programs and load software and updates like a charm.
    01-21-09 01:57 PM
    I was using Missing Sync with my Palm, so I tried the Blackberry version before trying PocketMac.

V1 works like a charm. I've seen enough problem reports re. the V2beta that I've stayed away from it.

Missing sync has the added feature of including notebook application, that lets you sync and read notes, between the BB and the Mac.

Storm 9350, latest update, on Verizon.
    01-21-09 08:29 PM
    Missing sync works very well with the mac...
    But for full function it's best to use eighter bootcamp or VMware fusion (i love fusion, works great)
    01-25-09 01:32 PM
    Another question....

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the storm as bleutooth modem with the mac? (leopard)???
    01-25-09 01:33 PM
    I've been doing it, works just fine. Takes a little trickiness to get it set up.

Found this, a while back, via google:

Set up pairing (Mac bluetooth, set up bluetooth device): configure as follows:
    some

- Username: <your phone number>@vzw3g.com
    - Password: vzw (lower case please)
    - Modem: au CDMA 1x
    - Dialing string: #777

After that, you can log in/out by modem (phone) icon on the menu bar.
    01-25-09 02:05 PM
    I've been doing it, works just fine. Takes a little trickiness to get it set up.

Found this, a while back, via google:

Set up pairing (Mac bluetooth, set up bluetooth device): configure as follows:
    some

- Username: <your phone number>@vzw3g.com
    - Password: vzw (lower case please)
    - Modem: au CDMA 1x
    - Dialing string: #777

After that, you can log in/out by modem (phone) icon on the menu bar.

Thanx, but after 3 days (man) I've found a quite simple solution

But thanx again for your effort!!
    01-25-09 02:25 PM
    whats your solution?
    01-31-09 09:21 PM
    whats your solution?
    About?............
    02-01-09 01:32 PM
    About?............

check this post for bb tethering solution.
    I used and am currently using it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/blu...acbook-117871/
    02-04-09 09:18 AM
    .... But the best solution is to load XP Pro SP2 into Boot Camp and use VMware Fusion and you can backup, sync to windows programs and load software and updates like a charm.
    Are you running OS x 5 /5.1?
    02-13-09 02:30 AM
    one word ... bootcamp
    02-13-09 03:38 AM
    I have just purchased a Storm and I own a Macbook, I used the "tools" CD that came with the Storm and can see there is an "ITUNES" option, when I click this is says that there is no media card in the Storm, however there is! any idea's? Does pocket Mac not work well with the storm or does the Storm simply not work well with a Mac??

Any helpful responses would be great.

I should prob have been more clear, I am trying to transfer music from Itunes to my Storm!
    Last edited by Dave.; 03-04-09 at 02:57 PM. Reason: more info
    03-04-09 02:56 PM
    The tools that come with the Storm are for a PC. You'll need to purchase either pocketmac or missing sync - I find missing sync to work pretty well.
    When it's installed, the media card shows up on your desktop as a disk drive. I haven't tried syncing iTunes, but missing sync claims to provide that.
    03-04-09 03:14 PM
    The tools that come with the Storm are for a PC. You'll need to purchase either pocketmac or missing sync - I find missing sync to work pretty well.
    When it's installed, the media card shows up on your desktop as a disk drive. I haven't tried syncing iTunes, but missing sync claims to provide that.

slight correction here - PocketMac is free. You can sync itunes music with it, but it 1. won't recreate playlists and 2. won't copy any music that's DRM-protected.
    03-04-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD