So, I downloaded the newest DM for blackberry on my Mac finally. I remember I did a sync before with my old blackberry about a year ago. What happens I try this complicated And a bunch of old numbers came back I didn't want to see & Some friends that had changed their numbers had come back on my phone wit their old numbers that are no longer in use. I am so aggravated and about to be extremely mad!

How can I sync my current phone numbers in my phone with this stupid mac version of DM and how can I erase those old syncs from when I sycned it with the old isync or whatever that old version of DM was where it wasnt really a DM but just a sync button and you never saw anything that was getting sycned etc. I'm so angry. Someone anyone help this stress for me. LOL
    07-17-10 10:45 AM
    All old sync programs must be deleted and trashed from your mac before you install the new DM. If your contacts in Address book haven't been changed, the new sync will fix your problem if you tick the box that says 'replace all contacts on the blackberry.'
    07-18-10 06:47 PM
    What program to delete? all of them and re-install?

Is Isync? the old blackberry sync? I forget so not sure what to delete?

Thanks
    07-18-10 09:26 PM
    Trash and delete 'Missing Sync' and 'Pocketmac' if you have them on your mac, and all their files. Then empty the trash.

Backup your existing contacts and calendar files on your mac.

Next on your mac:
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder and any other blacberry files in there.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Do your sync again, and it should work.
    07-19-10 05:17 AM
    Have you considered using an application to sync your phone?

The free MIQ application could be a good solution to sync and backup your phone. You can just download the app from the market and it will backup your phone to a private online account. From the web you can import and manage contacts to push to your phone, send texts from your computer, and share your phones photos that automatically update to your page. Pretty cool!

Hope that helps...
    07-20-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD