We purchased a new Blackberry 8110 from AT&T. I loaded the CD and tried to sync after downloading PocketMac. No matter what I tried nothing synced correctly...no calendar (iCal), wrong addresses (Mac Address Book), duplicate addresses (sometimes 3&4 copies of the same old names/numbers).

Called AT&T and they hooked me up with a RIM expert. Spent 1.5 hours on the phone until she recognized that AT&T sent me the wrong CD version (sent me 3.1 instead of 4.1). Then tried to sync again and calendar (iCal) worked fine but not Address Book.

Now my continuing problem...the 1st sync moved all of the old addresses from my Mac Address Book to the phone (Blackberry 8110). These included 5 "Groups". Only one group was needed on this new phone. I have never been able to sync just this one "Group" even though I select it in the "Advanced Preferences". Every time I sync, all the editing I've done in the Mac Address Book never comes over to the phone. I even use the menu item "Overwrite Device", using just the data from the computer Address Book.

I'm stumped! People have recommended getting rid of PocketMac and paying for The Missing Sync. Any suggestions?
    01-11-09 01:01 PM
    I had ZERO luck with pocket mac...
    LOVE Missing Sync.
    Up to you YMMV
    01-11-09 08:58 PM
    I can't even get it to sync at all with my Bold! It gives me this error:

[08:05:48.731] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 3); skipping.
    01-11-09 11:05 PM
    Is your bb set to mass storage mode?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 11:29 PM
    I can't even get it to sync at all with my Bold! It gives me this error:

[08:05:48.731] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 3); skipping.
    Had the same problems two nights ago when I got my Bold. Did you download the updated drivers for the Bold?
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

Also make sure you turn off the password lock on your phone if you have it on or enter it into pocketmac on the connection tab.
    01-12-09 07:13 AM
    After you make the changes in your address book save them. See if that makes a difference. It helped me.
    07-13-09 12:46 AM
    my PocketMac worked last week and has been saying Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 3); skipping. every time since. I uninstalled the program and re-installed and still no luck!
    08-03-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD