Thought I would share a fix to issues that I have had when updating an OS. This fix applies to users that have VM Ware and Missing Sync. There seems to be an issue of when you connect your BB to your Windows OS in VM ware it will not recognize the phone.

The Fix: Open Activity Monitor in Mac OSX and stop all processes that are related to missing sync.

Good luck hope this helps someone....
    05-20-09 12:24 PM
    Thought I would share a fix to issues that I have had when updating an OS. This fix applies to users that have VM Ware and Missing Sync. There seems to be an issue of when you connect your BB to your Windows OS in VM ware it will not recognize the phone.

The Fix: Open Activity Monitor in Mac OSX and stop all processes that are related to missing sync.

Good luck hope this helps someone....
    I appreciate you posting the fix. Can't say I've had that problem.

When I plug in my phone it defaults to the Mac Media Sync. I then eject that, then I tell VMware to connect with the blackberry under Virtual Machine/USB. I disconnect the same way, and once I do disconnect from VMware I have to eject again from Media Sync.
    05-20-09 12:29 PM
    Hi, thanks, much appreciated.

Another fix for those who do not like to use Activity Monitor: Go to MissingSync Preferences, DISable "Open MissingsSync on Device Connect", save and quit. After a restart of Your Mac, the Startup Item will be gone. You can use MS still, just start the app and connect the BB to Your Mac.
    05-20-09 01:37 PM
    From the release notoes of Missing sync

Using VMWare or Parallels - If synchronizing your BlackBerry using VMWare or Parallels along with The Missing Sync, you must quit The Missing Sync and then quit the "Missing Sync for BlackBerry Background" application using Activity Monitor prior to using those applications.
    05-20-09 03:30 PM
    Hi, thanks, much appreciated.

Another fix for those who do not like to use Activity Monitor: Go to MissingSync Preferences, DISable "Open MissingsSync on Device Connect", save and quit. After a restart of Your Mac, the Startup Item will be gone. You can use MS still, just start the app and connect the BB to Your Mac.
    or open Terminal, type 'ps ax | grep Missing' and then type 'kill -9 [pid]' for the processes found ... sorry, couldn't help myself
    05-20-09 03:45 PM
    ok...maybe im a dolt...but you guys (yes im a newbie) have just flown a 747 over my head....all i want to do is upgrade this storm on my mac...can someone tell me what i need and how to do it?
    05-20-09 03:47 PM
    ok...maybe im a dolt...but you guys (yes im a newbie) have just flown a 747 over my head....all i want to do is upgrade this storm on my mac...can someone tell me what i need and how to do it?
    Hi and welcome,
    You cannot upgrade Your Storm on the Mac without BootCamp or VMWare Fusion. Both tools to install an rund Windows on Your (Intel equipped) Mac.

I personally have Fusion with Windows XP SP3. This allows me to install the BlackBerry DesktopManager software and to perform the upgrades. If You look for the Mac section within this forum, You will find heaps of information covering this topic.

Have fun!
    05-20-09 04:10 PM
    well then im sunk...cause i have a power pc....cant afford an intell mac....and will just have to either a) use this phone as target practice at the shooting range...or wait for verizon to upgrade the software
    05-20-09 04:12 PM
    or open Terminal, type 'ps ax | grep Missing' and then type 'kill -9 [pid]' for the processes found ... sorry, couldn't help myself
    Yep, understand that. Have an alternative though: Just open a pint of beer and switch the Mac off... There is a holiday tomorrow over here in Germany!
    05-20-09 04:13 PM
    well then im sunk...cause i have a power pc....cant afford an intell mac....and will just have to either a) use this phone as target practice at the shooting range...or wait for verizon to upgrade the software
    Or look for a friend with a Win machine or an Intel Mac. Some people recommend buying an older and used PC. Cannot bring myself to do this...
    05-20-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD