Hey I was hoping I could get a little help from my fellow mac users on this. I have a Verizon 8830 and an older iBook G4 running OS 10.3.9. All I want to do is move my music from my iTunes folder on my iBook to my Blackberry. What is the easiest and most problem free way of doing so? Can I do this with PocketMac? I don't care about syncing anything else. Thanks for your help.
    10-12-08 09:17 PM
    Not familiar with the 8830, but if you have a media card (which you'll probably need if your music folder is of any size) you can probably just copy the iTunes music to the card. Keep in mind if you have any protected files, they won't play.
    10-13-08 06:59 AM
    check out Missing Sync if PocketMac doesn't work for you. also i posted a thread in this section of the forums that shows RIMs upcoming Media Sync for blackberry with screenshots and everything. check it out.
    10-13-08 07:50 AM
    I have the 8330 with Verizon and a Imac 10.5.

I tried pocketmac but it had some issues I was too impatient to figure out.
    I now use Missing Sync...but it won't transfer playlists as playlists. It just moves the music, podcasts, etc. Very easy to use.

I did buy Noteburner to convert my Itunes music to unprotected Mp3. Very happy with that.

You do need a memory card for the Curve, not sure about your model.

All that said, has anyone had any luck moving intact playlists from a Mac to their BB without having to recreate the playlist after the music has been moved?
    10-13-08 09:05 AM
    Thanks for the replies so far. Unfortunately I can't use Missing Sync because it requires OS 10.4.9 or later. I wish my mac would just recognize my BB when I plug it in via USB.

Is pocketmac problematic when all I want to do is just transfer music?
    10-13-08 09:39 AM
    for some reason, pocketmac is kinda hit or miss with most users, some features work perfectly for some people while others don't for others, best bet would be to just download it because its free, and see how well it works for u
    10-13-08 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD