My curve comes Friday, but I am preparing my address book right now by filtering some out, adding some, updating, adding missing photos, ect...my question is, is it possible to sync the photos along with the contacts when I sync with my mac for the first time? If yes, what program would you recommend that you know it works fine with offhand. I am just worried that I am doing a lot of work for nothing if so, so any input would be awesome!
    02-23-09 02:46 PM
    It works with both PocketMac (free) and Missing Sync ($40) when those programs work properly. In other words, you should be able to do it. You will find that people have all sorts of problems with these programs, though.

In my experience, Missing Sync works best. The only problem I have with the 1.03 release is that it decides to merge/delete contacts from my Mac every time I sync. That is a big problem, but you can work around it by setting your Mac to notify you if any changes are about to be made during the sync. Missing Sync is now out in 2.0, which I used briefly but had a second problem in addition to the contact issue (which still is present). This time it would only sync one calendar, which makes it useless to me.

I have tried using PocketMac several times with a 98% failure rate. But you should at least try it first since it is free. It works great for some people. May be you will be blessed to be one of those lucky few.
    02-23-09 03:08 PM
    Yeah, I have been reading how the 2.0 update for MS has been giving people a lot of problems with just about...everything, with the exception of a few people not having any problems at all. I am just glad my photos sync along with the contacts (one thing I loved about my iphone was the large caller id photo). Do the photos come up on the blackberry as a thumbnail, or is it full screen? I will be on a 8320 with 4.5 software is that helps.
    02-23-09 05:08 PM
    Yeah, I have been reading how the 2.0 update for MS has been giving people a lot of problems with just about...everything, with the exception of a few people not having any problems at all. I am just glad my photos sync along with the contacts (one thing I loved about my iphone was the large caller id photo). Do the photos come up on the blackberry as a thumbnail, or is it full screen? I will be on a 8320 with 4.5 software is that helps.
    Thumbnail for CallerID.
    02-23-09 07:06 PM
    is it possible to make it fill the screen? I would love to have it span the screen width.
    02-24-09 02:36 AM
    is it possible to make it fill the screen? I would love to have it span the screen width.
    Not that I'm aware off- there may be a app you can buy if its really that necessary to see a pic while talking on the phone. That'll drain your battery quick.
    02-24-09 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD