All of the sudden the address book is not transferring my contacts. Only 2 contacts are being synced. HELP anyone.
    05-03-08 06:37 PM
    Is this question related to your other thread about your disorganized address book? Are these two contacts the two that are showing up out of order in your address book?
    05-03-08 08:08 PM
    My saving grace Jeff LOL.
    No this is a different issue. Only two of my contacts appear on my Address Book. I tried overwriting the Mac, and two way sync but that doesn't work. I don't want to overwrite the device because all my contacts will be erase. If you know anything that will help that would be great.
    05-04-08 10:20 AM
    Glad to help,Twanah. I don't have a Mac and wouldn't normally try to give advice re one, but in this case the Mac likely isn't the problem. I don't think you will need to overwrite your device. Contacts not syncing is typically caused by a service book problem, and easily fixed. When I get back to my apartment I can send you the steps. You don't need access to a pc to run them. Or you can search the site for my username and [Desktop]. You'll find the steps in one of my previous posts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 12:38 PM

All of the sudden the address book is not transferring my contacts. Only 2 contacts are being synced. HELP anyone.
    I am assuming that you are using PocketMac? If so follow these steps:

Please use the following utilities. Both are located in your Home folder/Library/Application Support/PocketMacSyncManager/Additional Tools.

The first is SyncClean. Please open this application. You will need to click both "Clean SyncServices Files" and Clean PocketMac Files. Confirm each choice.

Please restart your Mac after using SyncClean (to avoid "Merging local records with device" error). When syncing, if the Sync Services debug window comes up, you must click ALLOW. DO NOT check the box to delete data.

The second is DataPurgeUI. This utility will help you purge data from your BlackBerry. I recommend choosing the one you are not able to sync.WARNING: This will delete ALL Calendars, ALL Contacts, ALL Notes, or ALL Tasks from your BlackBerry. Note: PocketMac SyncManager must be open in order to use DataPurgeUI.
    05-04-08 02:40 PM
    I am assuming that you are using PocketMac? If so follow these steps...
    Since I don't have a Mac, I will defer to the WelshSage. However, if you follow the steps he's outlined and still have the problem, here is another approach to solve the issue on the blackberry side.

1. Options/Advanced Options/Service Books
    2. Select the entry "Desktop [SYNC]"
    3. Push the Menu button
    4. Select Delete
    5. Answer "yes" to the "are you sure question?"
    6. Without turning off the blackberry, remove the battery
    7. Leave the battery out for a minute or so
    8. Put the battery back in
    9. After the blackberry boots up, select Options/Advanced Options/Service Books
    10. Push the Menu button
    11. Select Undelete
    The Wireless Sync option should now be present for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Messages, and Calendar. I walked thru these steps with my properly functioning 8830 before I published them. The first time I undeleted, the service book came back, but the Wireless Sync option did not come back. I repeated the entire process and the second time the Wireless Sync capability was restored. So if you do it and it doesn't work, repeat the entire process before giving up.
    Hope this helps.
    05-04-08 02:48 PM
    Dear Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your tips. really you are great its work for me. I was struggled with this issue last few days.

Muhammed Faizal.
    EDS Qatar
    05-05-08 06:39 AM
    thanks guys i will try this today when i can.
    05-05-08 07:41 AM
    Muhammed,
    You are welcome. And welcome to Crackberry. Feel free to post questions anytime. I usually don't answer Mac questions, because I don't have one, but somebody who does will be happy to help you.
    Jeff
    05-05-08 07:43 AM
    I'm using a Macbook with Leopard 10.5 and Missing Sync (pocket mac lost about half of my contacts). As of right now, the contacts and their notes sync to the phone, but no phone numbers or emails.

I've tried uninstalling Missing Sync, repairing permissions, and even switched to a brand new Blackbeery at the AT&T store. Nothing works! Blackberry says it's the Mac, Apple says it's Blackberry, and AT&T isn't sure whose fault it is. Some contacts trnasfer and others don't, but there is no rhyme or reason as to why some made it and others did not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-AJ
    Last edited by xubuntu84; 05-05-08 at 09:28 PM.
    05-05-08 09:06 PM
    Have you contacted Mark/Space? You can contact them by email and on their forums.
    05-05-08 10:25 PM
    I need to get data from my BB 8830 to my new MACbook pro. My address book is not syncing. I am using pocketmac. The calendar and notes did sync. I am using cable and USB port. Can I do it wirelessly?
    07-24-08 04:58 PM
    I am having the same problem with address book not syncing, I am using vista?
    11-16-09 02:07 PM
    Hi ~ I am trying to sync Mac with Blackberry Bold using Blackberry desktop manager. It worked the first few syncs, but suddenly has stop. I have looked through options/advanced/...I do not have desktop(sync) to delete. Is there an updated fix?
    Thanks!
    07-15-10 07:09 AM
    Hi ~ I am trying to sync Mac with Blackberry Bold using Blackberry desktop manager. It worked the first few syncs, but suddenly has stop. I have looked through options/advanced/...I do not have desktop(sync) to delete. Is there an updated fix?
    Thanks!
    I am not using Mac, but have the same problem. My contacts will only sync part way, but I do not have the Desktop[sync] to delete. Is there anything else I can do to get it or fix this issue? Any help is appreciated!
    09-10-10 09:58 AM
    I am using a 8900. My address book syncs perfect with my outlook contacts in wireless mode, but the problem is I cannot add new contact or edit existing contacts from the instrument, can you please help
    09-11-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD