This "new" DM for mac is the biggest piece of crap out there since, well, pocket crap.

I love how they release the crap and don't test it. There are way too many issues to have been thoroughly tested and vetted.

Thx but no thx, not that I matter but I'm getting an iphone and leaving this piece of crap in the garbage.
    10-05-09 04:26 PM
    *wave* adios
    10-05-09 04:39 PM
    Well based on the way the internet forums are blasting away at RIM its obvious. This is just a shinny spiffed up version of pocketcrap. Well, you can shine a turd all you want but its still turd.

There are way too many problems with this software for anyone at RIM with half a brain to have thoroughly tested it.

Now we see post from people "representing" RIM that say "we know about the issue and it will be fixed in future updates", hey that's great. It only took you 8 years to put this piece of crap out how long should it take to fix it? By then there should be smartphones that can actually sync....oh wait there are there are options.

here are my issues with this software:

1) duplicate entries in the calendar (not on the mac just the BB). They are random and not consistent. I just scrolled through my calendar and found at least 30 duplicates. Solution?

2) Duplicate contacts appearing.

3) Format of the contacts in address book aren't consistent. Names are dropped, groupings are dropped, numbers are deleted. Hmmm. how about a solution?

4) Ever since the "update" to OS 4.5 the available memory has plumetted on my BB. I used to be lucky and get 19.6 now I'm at 15.1. That's great. And before you jump ugly, I have already deleted all the applications that DM would allow me to delete. Still no improvement. I suppose I should pull the battery every hr on the hr to make sure the memory improves.

So let's hear it for RIM and their wonderful tech support!! Great job!! Let's keep up the good work!! Perhaps one day the tech support people could actually read the boards and put together a complete list of issues/bugs and solutions..... THAT ACTUALLY WORK!!!
    10-05-09 04:44 PM
    It's too bad you're having so many issues...I haven't had any duplicate calendar or contact entries after a sync and the contacts in my address book are thus far fine (I haven't checked all 3000 contacts in my book, but the ones I've checked/used thus far appear as they should).

I can't speak to your memory issues because I have a different device. I guess all I can really say is good luck adjusting to a touch screen keyboard and AT&T's coverage.

Hopefully the iPhone will meet your needs better than your Berry...
    10-05-09 05:38 PM
    This is just a shinny spiffed up version of pocketcrap. Well, you can shine a turd all you want but its still turd.

Y'know, I've been wondering why this POS software seems so dammed familiar, and you nailed it!

I bet RIM just reworked the code for PocketCrap and slapped a nice new skin on in. There is NO WAY that this was worked on "from scratch" to work with Macs, and the various Berry OSes.
    10-05-09 06:29 PM
    Y'know, I've been wondering why this POS software seems so dammed familiar, and you nailed it!

I bet RIM just reworked the code for PocketCrap and slapped a nice new skin on in. There is NO WAY that this was worked on "from scratch" to work with Macs, and the various Berry OSes.
    I'm sure that's all they did. They went from "its on our drawing board" to hey guys here it comes in September.

The fact is, it doesn't work. Yes, some people are having no issues. However, my first sync went great. Second ok, third absolutely crap. Nothing but errors. No I never downloaded the beta b/c I figured there were bugs with it. Shame on me.

I use busysync for my mac to handle my calendars with Mobileme so my wife and I can have our own calendars plus a family calendar. I also used it with googlesync. And both products worked AWESOME!!.

The frustration is coming from the fact that here we are with all the people posting all their issues about this, and RIM Is once again silent.
    10-05-09 07:57 PM
    I uninstalled it.
    I went back to using PocketMac.
    At least I can get oneway sync to work.

DM is a total piece of junk.
    First sync okay. Nothing from then on.
    Had to use DM for a PC to wipe the contacts and go back to PocketMac.
    10-05-09 08:53 PM
    uninstalling now.

BB is completely F-ed up right now with contacts and calendar entries.

F- RIM
    10-05-09 09:01 PM
    Just to play devil's advocate... I had the same issues you guys are having, with ical and duplicate entries, or no entries at all... But, if you work a little, it can work out... see here...http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/pro...g-ical-329767/

Post your questions, and they will get answered. There are a TON of insanely smart people on this forum, and they should really be working for RIM!!!

Total boo on RIM for releasing such a buggy product out of beta, but this really isn't new, is it? From Pocket Mac, even all the issues with desktop manager for PC and the roxio media manager, which to this day, still will not work for me, have all had issues. RIM needs to learn from these mistakes, and quite promising and releasing programs that are not ready to be used to their full potential. We don't need updates for DM4M to work, we needed the original release to work better than it has.

So, I believe if you are a true, die-hard BB user and Mac addict, then you will work this out, and quit complaining. If it works for some, it will work for others with some tinkering. Suck it up ya'll

Word.
    10-05-09 11:26 PM
    Damn. At least you guys get crap. Linux still gets no love with a dm as it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 11:43 PM
    I'm happy with the DM. Syncs everything perfectly (I'm running an iMac OS X - Version 10.5.8)- so much so that I've uninstalled my Missing Sync for which I paid!
    10-06-09 12:36 AM
    I'm happy with the DM. Syncs everything perfectly (I'm running an iMac OS X - Version 10.5.8)- so much so that I've uninstalled my Missing Sync for which I paid!
    Same here. DM has worked flawlessly for me. Missing Sync was a POS and a rip off as I had to pay for it.
    10-07-09 12:35 AM
    Same here. DM has worked flawlessly for me. Missing Sync was a POS and a rip off as I had to pay for it.
    I have to agree: DM for Mac worked flawless for me. From 200+ contacts, only 3 duplicated, because those on my Bold 9000 had full names, while in my MacBook's address book I had nicknames (Jackie Whitfield vs Jacqueline Whitfield, for example) and one other duplicate where info was identical except the "other" phone number had +62 country code on BB vs the local number on Mac's addressbook. Hardly something to complain about.

I love the new Desktop Manager for BB: I've been able to backup, restore, and uninstall/reinstall applications just as I did on PC.

I just wish DM for Mac was released before I spent $ for Missing Sync (which also worked flawless for me: I'm just a lucky guy). Sucks to spend extra $ for something RIM should have had years ago.

There's a saying: the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I can't believe more people are with *major* issues than those of us without issues. And I can't see RIM not testing apps before releasing them (that would be scary).

Maybe it is some combination of BB OS and Mac OS that is the issue? Maybe those with issues should name the BB OS and Mac OS: there may be a common denominator there.

I'm On BlackBerry Bold 9000, OS 4.6.0.282 (477) And On Mac OSX 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard).

Last edited by RodneyJ725; 10-07-09 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Misspelled my Mac's OS. Had "Mac OS x" Instead of "Mac OSX"
    10-07-09 01:08 AM
    The anger sharks are swimming...
    10-08-09 12:19 AM
    YEah it's pretty much a piece of crap. I recently found out that a number of my contact info has actually been deleted from my Pearl. Still have the phone numbers and names etc in address book, entourage and on my mac, but my BB just has a name, no phone, email or anything like that.
    10-13-09 10:41 PM
    I guess I've been lucky. I haven't had any issues so far. Those of you with duplicaste entries, have you made sure to hit replace instead of merge - or state in preferences whether the computer wins or the phone wins with conflicts?

10-14-09 01:25 AM
    The only issue I've had so far with the Mac DM was that it couldn't download the 4.6.0.297 update completely. And I'm pulling my address book contacts via the built-in Exchange sync, and I'm pulling my iCal calendar from Exchange using DavMail. It syncs both perfectly. On two machines, no less -- my work Mac (which uses DavMail and other Exchange syncs) and my home Mac (for redundancy's sake).

I'm very happy with it and it works great.
    10-15-09 11:36 PM
    Not all of us use Entourage/Exchange.

Few of us use Outlook. and only then due to having to use Windoze prior to DM4M.

iCal (with multiple calendars, some subscribed).
    Mail.app
    Address Book (regardless of the fields used)

These NEED to work. They don't.

Still having to boot into Windoze to have even a modicum of functionality is a PITA.
    10-16-09 12:38 AM
    No one on the BB forums seemed to have an answer for direct connect issues, so perhaps someone here does:

Like everyone else, I eagerly awaited and dutifully installed DTM for Mac. Despite all the ominous warnings from users who had all sorts of problems already listed on this forum and others, I did not have any major problems but one. DTM does not recognize direct connect numbers, so if you use Nextel and the 8350i you are in big time trouble if direct connect is essential to your work - and since anyone still using Nextel is likely there specifically because they need the DC, how in the world can RIM totally ignore that? I can't afford to sync a phone and have over 100 DC numbers disappear from the phone, and can't waste time manually reinstalling them. So off went the DTM and back on went PocketMac - but wait - that software doesn't support Snow Leopard. So best I can tell I'm totally out of luck until one of these companies wakes up and fixes either of these issues. I suppose I could look at Missing Sync but I left them a long time ago unsatisfied and really don't want to have to relook at them.

If anyone has any insight into this I would love to hear it. I had read on another thread about possibly mapping fields to get DC to work, but I suspect that was a Windows-based answer as I don't see any way to map fields in the Mac version of DTM.
    10-16-09 04:24 AM
    it worked for me once, maybe twice. Got some duplicate entries, but deleted them The problem now, DM will not recognize my BB. The BB shows up as another drive on my Mac, but the DM will not recognize it. Not sure what the problem is. One thing though, I noticed it started after I synced with a PC. Maybe that's the problem.
    10-16-09 07:26 PM
    The only problem I had with mine is I tried to update my blackberry OS with it and it stalled out near the end. Screwed up my blackberry pretty bad. Had to redo everything.

10-17-09 01:51 AM
    Just to play devil's advocate... I had the same issues you guys are having, with ical and duplicate entries, or no entries at all... But, if you work a little, it can work out... see here...http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/pro...g-ical-329767/

Post your questions, and they will get answered. There are a TON of insanely smart people on this forum, and they should really be working for RIM!!!

Total boo on RIM for releasing such a buggy product out of beta, but this really isn't new, is it? From Pocket Mac, even all the issues with desktop manager for PC and the roxio media manager, which to this day, still will not work for me, have all had issues. RIM needs to learn from these mistakes, and quite promising and releasing programs that are not ready to be used to their full potential. We don't need updates for DM4M to work, we needed the original release to work better than it has.

So, I believe if you are a true, die-hard BB user and Mac addict, then you will work this out, and quit complaining. If it works for some, it will work for others with some tinkering. Suck it up ya'll

Word.
    Right on with this quote. Small world also. Im in Edwardsville also.
    Last edited by buddy816; 10-18-09 at 02:46 PM.
    10-18-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD