Unfortunately Mac is not very helpful. I get the message "there was an error syncing calendar - please try sync again" which tells me NOTHING about where to go to resolve this problem. Have done the battery pull on the BB, hard reboot of both Mac and BB, uninstalled the latest DM for Mac upgrade, nothing. It occasionally asks me to create a "writeable calendar in iCal" however as this was working perfectly, periodic upgrades and all, for the past eight months and a clearly writeable calendar exists, I'm ready to toss it all out the window.

Help?
    01-21-11 02:07 PM
    Maybe the suggestion of the Mac Users forum is a better location, as I am a PC user: http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/

I also suggest trying it out in VirtualBox to see if it syncs properly within the virtual environment. You'll need to borrow, or download and burn a windows xp disc image to use within the VM and to get it setup, then get desktop manager, install it, try and sync it after installling outlook from, again, a ms office xp cd image, both available on BitTorrent sites. Not linking here as it's not that legal to do it. I'm sure you could find a few legit sources. Otherwise, the mac forums are thr right place to ask. No pun intended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 03:47 PM
    Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I am not sure how to find the Mac forum but I'm sure it will present itself. I didn't understand what you were saying anyway!

Thanks for responding - I see you are absolutely the genius of geniuses with all those solutions!!

Best regards
    01-21-11 04:59 PM
    pls do try out google sync - it solved almost all of my problems with calender sync.
    a) set up a google gmail calender
    b) set it up in your mac calender - preferences
    c) download google sync on yr berry - and set it to sync only the calender not the contacts
    U're all set to go.
    gmail will send u your entire day's agenda at a pre-defined time of your choice.
    Plus it can also send u individual reminders for every event by email and sms (that's free of course).
    hope this helps
    02-14-11 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD