Anyone know how to do the installation for the new software on Mac?
    03-29-10 09:57 AM
    If its not official, its not happening.

(mac user here)

I just noticed the .517 is official, so you should be able to download through DM Mac, but it might be carrier/SP specific.

Basically firmware updates via Mac is very limited sadly. Since I do all my updates through my work PC I cant remember the exact process for mac, but I think somewhere in the DM MAC preferences there should be an option to tell it to search for availble software/applications then it will show you the firmware availble from your network. But I'm pretty sure you can't load firmware manually.
    Last edited by The Gift; 03-29-10 at 10:20 AM. Reason: updated info
    03-29-10 10:11 AM
    03-29-10 11:15 AM
    I had asked this a few weeks ago. There is a process but it looks extremely difficult, especially since I didn't understand half of what it said. I found it in the Mac forum. The best answer I got, though, was to make a friend that has a PC! Lol! Good luck, and let me know if you figure it out!

Kat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 11:15 AM
    I think I might've been the one that answered in your thread.

Yeah, loading leaks is needlessly complicated and it usually ends up being some awful hybrid that doesn't work properly. The best options are;

1) BOOT CAMP. Partition your hard drive to have windows as well, then you have it and never have to worry about finding a friend with a PC. Sadly, I royally messed up my Boot Camp trying to make the partition bigger and have been trying to hunt down a friend with a PC that actually works for two whole weeks. Walking around with a .5XX installer on my phone is burning holes in my pocket.

2) Find a friend with a PC. A more hassle-ey option. Boot Camp is time saving and I think works better since everythings all on the same computer.

Oh also, whoever posted about .517 being official but maybe carrier specific, it is.
    03-29-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD