Needing some help here. When plugging in my USB cord to my mac it is reading my device and I would like to add my ical to my BB. What file on the BB list do I drop it into so that I can find it on my BB. The list includes:
    tmp, system, home, dev, applications, appdata, but when I tried to drop it before I could not find it on my BB. I dropped it with the group list above, I tried dropping it into applications and then appdata/rim and I could not find it anywhere. Help please.

Thanks
    06-05-09 01:30 PM
    sorry 9530 storm and macbook version 10.5.7. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    06-05-09 01:32 PM
    no no you're going about this all wrong. You don't want to copy any files over to your blackberry or vice versa, you want to sync your iCal entries with the blackberry calendar.

There are a couple of options for this. I use Pocketmac, which is free and works pretty well for me (some have said they've had issues with it). You can download it off the blackberry website. The other option is Missing Sync by Mark/Space, which I think is $40 or so, can't say b/c I've never used it.

As for PocketMac, you install it, plug your bb in, and select which options you want to sync. Click the sync button and away you go.
    06-05-09 01:47 PM
    Thanks. Just downloaded pocketmac and plugged bb in. I am getting this message when I go to synch:

[07:20:01.144] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

I tried the battery unplug, uninstall/install and still error. Any suggestions?
    06-05-09 01:56 PM
    mass storage is enabled as well.
    06-05-09 01:58 PM
    Not understanding this setup, but BB media synch downloaded songs, but pocketmac still not identifying BB. Help or suggestions?
    06-05-09 02:04 PM
    Try plugging in your Storm before opening Pocketmac.
    06-05-09 02:59 PM
    seems like I tried just about everything, anymore suggestions.
    06-05-09 06:59 PM
    seems like I tried just about everything, anymore suggestions.
    I used pocketMac and had problems...bought Missing sync.. had more problems. Don't waste your money on Missing Sync Started great, now all I get are errors.

Solution that worked for metakes a little time, but works great.
    I am now back to Google Sync (from PocketMac and Missing Sync) and it is flawless. My iCal is linked/synced with Gcal using calaboration (there is a tremendous amount of info here also). Calaboration requires OS X 10.5 or later (since iCal does not support CalDAV prior to 10.5). iCal and my Google calendar are synced together I can change either and it automatically syncs to the other the same is true on my Berry. I then use Google Sync on my blackberry to sync it to my Storm. You have have/create a gmail account and a Google calendar account first. It is free!
    1. Back up your Address Book and iCal just in case.
    2. Select a calendar in iCal and export it to your desktop do this for each calendar separately. You now have a separate file for each calendar.
    3. Delete each calendar from icalyou will need to leave one as it must have a default or dummy calendar always available. I created one called temp with nothing in it so my iCal was completely blank.
    4. Open Google calendar or create an account, if necessary.
    5. Import each calendar into Google Calcendar.
    6. Import address Book into gmail
    7. Open calaboration and follow the instructions.

see other posts at:

google sync
    06-07-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD