Hi All,

This is my first thread, but not my first blackberry. I'm currently trying to decide between those outlined above, and part of the deciding factor will be which device will cope better with one or other of the 3rd party programs above. The fact that there is a price for the missing sync is not an issue.

As a macbook owner, I'm tempted by the iPhone for simplicity's sake, but Blackberry is my personal preference.

Any thoughts, tips or words of wisdom?
    03-21-09 12:44 PM
    ya get a iPhone lol...

I'm @ wits end and stuck with Verizon.
    03-21-09 01:33 PM
    ya get a iPhone lol...

I'm @ wits end and stuck with Verizon.
    iPhone is too much hassle, i'd have to move from VF and pay 45 a mth minimum...plus the camera's rubbish, and you can't bluetooth files!

Software version 3.0 is a big improvement, but i think i'll wait for another hardware update before i seriously consider it.
    03-21-09 02:32 PM
    Hi All,

This is my first thread, but not my first blackberry. I'm currently trying to decide between those outlined above, and part of the deciding factor will be which device will cope better with one or other of the 3rd party programs above. The fact that there is a price for the missing sync is not an issue.

As a macbook owner, I'm tempted by the iPhone for simplicity's sake, but Blackberry is my personal preference.

Any thoughts, tips or words of wisdom?
    iPhone is too much hassle, i'd have to move from VF and pay 45 a mth minimum...plus the camera's rubbish, and you can't bluetooth files!

Software version 3.0 is a big improvement, but i think i'll wait for another hardware update before i seriously consider it.
    Then allow me to make it worse for you. As a Mac owner, there is no such thing as simplicity. We don't have a dedicated syncing program that works and works well. Currently there is Pocket Mac for syncing your BB to your Mac and the program is hit or miss- more miss, but YMMV.

The other one, Missing Sync.... well, lets just say the name befits the program well. You will have missing contacts, calenders and MONEY. You may not care about the cost of the program but you will care how much the cost of it reduces that warm fuzzy feeling you had when you paid for it.

We Mac users are hoping against hope that RIM creates their own desktop manager as they've done for windows users. Please don't use these 2 horrible programs to decide which phone you should get because after you read all the horrifying experiences that people are having with BOTH programs, you may actually run out and get the iPhone!
    03-22-09 07:31 AM
    Then allow me to make it worse for you. As a Mac owner, there is no such thing as simplicity. We don't have a dedicated syncing program that works and works well. Currently there is Pocket Mac for syncing your BB to your Mac and the program is hit or miss- more miss, but YMMV.

The other one, Missing Sync.... well, lets just say the name befits the program well. You will have missing contacts, calenders and MONEY. You may not care about the cost of the program but you will care how much the cost of it reduces that warm fuzzy feeling you had when you paid for it.

We Mac users are hoping against hope that RIM creates their own desktop manager as they've done for windows users. Please don't use these 2 horrible programs to decide which phone you should get because after you read all the horrifying experiences that people are having with BOTH programs, you may actually run out and get the iPhone!
    good point on end up getting an iPhone haha. I was also considering an iPhone, but went ahead with the 8900. Has more features that iPHone lacks.. bluetooth file transfer to name one.. :/
    03-23-09 12:04 AM
    google sync is my best answer..
    03-23-09 01:46 AM
    Ok, thanks guys, noted.

Now wrap your peepers round this. Here are the offers:

Storm or Bold - 18 mth term - 40 per mth (600 mins, Unltd SMS, Data and BBmail)
    Curve 8900 - 12 mth term - 50 per mth (750 mins, Unltd SMS, Data and BBmail)

Or, i move to O2 and get this:

iPhone 3G 8GB - 18 mth term - 45 per mth (1200 mins, 500 SMS, Unltd data and WiFi)

So, it basically comes down to this...do I want an 18 mth contract? And if I do, is an extra 5 a mth and a provider switch worth saving all the hassle of finding a way to sync my blackberry with Mac?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Grizliadams; 03-23-09 at 02:56 PM. Reason: update
    03-23-09 02:53 PM
    my thoughts.... you asked for it!

Griz, I lack the determination to convert your numbers to US currency.

Based on what I am reading though, I cant tell which is the best offer for you.

I dont like the iPhone offer b/c me personally, I do a lot of texting so I'd need unlimited SMS.

The Storm/Bold offers looks good for what it does offer in unlimited; but that 600 min I'd blow through in no time.

The Curve gives a bit more min than the others and everything else being unlimited is great also, you'd be under contract for only a year compared to 18 months as the others.
    03-23-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD