Ok, I am completely new to the BB world and to top it off I am relatively new to a Mac. I'm running a macbook pro with Leopard. I loaded and uninstalled and reloaded pocketmac 3 times. I cannot get my BB to sync. It will sync the contacts but that is it.

While it is syncing I get error messages that say, "the application IsyncRIMCalendar quit unexpectedly. Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.

Click Relaunch to launch the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple."

Now I get this for every sync: contacts, ical, itasks, stickies, etc. What is going on? What have I done wrong?

All Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    09-07-08 10:28 PM
    When removing PocketMac there are files that are in the System>Library directory that are not uninstalled.

Ok here is some steps that I recommend you follow.

- Go to Google and search for an app called AppDelete for Mac. This is a great uninstall utility to remove an application and ALL of its components. When the app is removed. Reboot your computer.
    - Go to Blackberry.com and redownload the PocketMac and the Updated USB drivers too. When you have this installed, close the PocketMac application.
    - ALWAYS plug in your Blackberry device into your Mac FIRST, then open PocketMac.
    - To troubleshoot, sync 1 item at a time, meaning first Contacts. Then next sync, Calendar etc.
    - Then if you receive any errors you know what is causing the problems, but following these steps should fix and remove any problems.
    - If you do have additional errors, use the PocketMac options to reset device/Computer to First Sync. This is found in the menu when PocketMac is open.
    09-09-08 03:08 PM
    Robslaw let me know if this worked for you.. Im trying to make the decision to but a mac book pro, and this is one of my concerns.
    09-09-08 06:09 PM
    Slider,
    This is not a widespread issue. As long as you install the proper drivers and follow the steps properly to install and sync the device, you will be ok.

It is possible that it could be a device OS problem or other software conflicts. Dont base your purchase off another individual's errors. I can tell you with over 10 years experience in the IT industry, my MacBook Pro has been "THE" best purchase I have ever made. Coming from a PC background, you will have the small bumps in the road to becoming a Mac guru yourself, but that is all part in the learning process. Go buy your MB and enjoy it!
    09-10-08 09:33 AM
    xholmezx78 and Slider,
    Thanks for getting back to me and reading the post. I actually went to the BB site and did a search on pocketmac there. I found an Uninstall article that was very helpful. It directed me to all the hidden files. So I deleted them all. Then the people from Pocketmac told me the report they had me run showed that I had a logitech blue tooth mouse that needed to be uninstalled also b/c the software conflicts with Pocketmac.

I then re-installed pocketmac from the Bb site and off I was running. It worked with some minor glitches.

1) it will not sync my bookmarks from safarir like it says it will.
    2) I got some duplicate entries in my contacts. ex. If I entered a person on my bb and then typed their info in my address book on my mac, it lists it twice, even after I choose the option to over write the bb with the computer. Any ideas?

As for the Macbook pro, love it would never look back accept I have to type this on my work laptop that is windows.
    09-10-08 12:58 PM
    Slider,
    This is not a widespread issue. As long as you install the proper drivers and follow the steps properly to install and sync the device, you will be ok.

It is possible that it could be a device OS problem or other software conflicts. Dont base your purchase off another individual's errors. I can tell you with over 10 years experience in the IT industry, my MacBook Pro has been "THE" best purchase I have ever made. Coming from a PC background, you will have the small bumps in the road to becoming a Mac guru yourself, but that is all part in the learning process. Go buy your MB and enjoy it!
    I made the move.... I love the MBPro.
    10-23-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD