hi all

just wanted to know if anyone had had probs syncing 8310 to a mac - got to make a decision btwn this and the iphone and there are such varying stories out there...let me know!!!
    01-23-08 10:15 AM
    helen i bougt an 8310 2 days ago and i have a mac and it has been easy and i have had zero problems. i was debating the exact same phones.

but hey i have the bb and i have a theme that looks just like the iphone
    01-23-08 10:21 AM
    In answer to your question, I have a Blackberry 8310 and sync it to my iMac (intel chip) via the USB lead plugged into the Mac direct (and not via a hub). It all works just fine. Did try the BB desktop manager but instead moved to the Mark/Space Missing Sync for Blackberry as the BB desktop manager hung when I tried to sync.
    01-23-08 11:16 AM
    I'm trying to install the Missing Sync software to my 8310 and it just won't complete the install. Any suggestions?

Using IMAC (Intel) with 10.5 latest updates
    06-24-08 04:58 PM
    I tried both and had problems eventually with both. I gave up. My calendar is synced to google calendar - changes sync automatically so I never worry about forgetting. Mail - not an issue as I never synced mail to my mac. Phone book. that is my current issue. I'm waiting for an OTA sync to something. In the mean time I just do backups.
    06-24-08 09:47 PM
    I've spent about a dozen hours over the past two days trying to get my 8310 to sync to Entourage. I've updated drivers, turned mass storage to "yes", done sync clean.... I've gotten my contacts to sync, but have had it hang when it gets to calendar each time. Oddly, a couple of times my personal recurring events have come through, but nothing with a time or anything in a category other than personal. Relaunching PocketMac and trying a second sync results in the application crashing.

I love the phone, and am considering doing missing sync or some other third party software. My office doesn't support the Enterprise side, and I don't want to constantly have to export to another app to get it to the BB.
    06-24-08 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD