So I was updating via Desktop Manager on a mac. Mid upgrade I got a message on the computer-
    "software upgrade failed"
    On the blackberry I got a message I've never seen before-
    "Reload Software 507" and it has a weird icon with a circle and line through it.

I'm afraid to do anything! What do i do, HELP!!!

Edit: Now it keeps shutting off, rebooting itself, and then the same error message appears. Meanwhile, the mac is still trying to update the storm2. Its a vicious circle of death!
    Last edited by Axlfro; 04-05-10 at 09:49 PM.
    04-05-10 09:46 PM
    Mine was doing the same thing. I took it to my local Verizon store and they were able to revive it and then update it for me. They were willing to show me how to do it on my MacBook but I didn't have it w/ me. I guess it wasn't too hard because they were done w/ it pretty fast. After restoring all my info from Desktop Manager it was running solid.
    04-05-10 10:28 PM
    happy to know i wasn't the only one. After a few battery pulls, it finally installed. I don't know why everyone is complaining, this new OS makes my device like a brand new phone! This is the way it should of been from the get-go
    04-05-10 10:44 PM
    mine won't seem to fix itself. it now randomly is getting the 523 error. DM says to "downgrade" to .607, which i have tried and i'm still getting the "reload software 507" again. is my only option to downgrade back to the original OS and maybe try it OTA?
    04-05-10 11:55 PM
    here is what got me through it..... it worked..

Dear Friends. I have run into the same problem with my Blackberry and the new Mac Desktop Manager. I have some steps to recover and upload your new OS.

-Start Blackberry Desktop Manager
    -In the Window Menu open the log window
    -Connect your cable to your Blackberry first and then connect to the other end to your mac
    -Now you should see some log lines starting to appear until they repeat showing "Throwing Unsupported Device....." It will loop about 20 to 25 times, then, the Desktop Manager will recognize that it needs to upload the OS on the device and suddenly you will get the window to choose which OS to load. Make sure the battery is in the blackberry otherwise it won't be able to recognize the device PIN.

Hope it helps, it worked for me (Blackberry Curve 8350i Nextel)
    -
    04-06-10 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD