I want to install os 5.0 that's been leaked but I am a new mac user and not sure the procedure to upgrade my bb os on it...I've done it several times on windows. I have the new bb dm for mac, could anyone give me a procedure on how to put 5.0 on? Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 06:49 PM
    i wud love to kno the same thing as im in the same boat
    11-16-09 01:34 PM
    Yeah looks like no one knows or u can't do it... Lame it would be easy if there was a mac installer version of 5.0 to dl instead of only .exe

11-16-09 01:44 PM
    Yeah looks like no one knows or u can't do it... Lame it would be easy if there was a mac installer version of 5.0 to dl instead of only .exe

well of course it would be easy, but then again, that would mean that RIM would have to write .dmg installable files for the OSes too... and you might know how long we mac users waited for this quasi-operational version of the DM, but just in case you don't, we waited YEARS! as your attorney, i suggest that you keep your old PC to use for when you really want to tinker with your BB, beta OS installs etc... or if it is gone already, acquire a copy of VMWare Fusion 3.0 to run XP or Vista or 7 virtually on your Mac, i'm using vmw 2.x to run xp and it is far more stable running virtually on my mac than it ever was running on a pc.

yeah, yeah, i know, it's lame, but apple doesn't/didn't write the software for the BBDMFM, which is prolly one reason why it sucks like a broken vacuum cleaner, so just imagine what kind of debacle .dmg files for the OS would be... cheers!
    11-16-09 01:57 PM
    Is that a free program to run windows? I'm on a very tight budget at the moment, and yeah my windows pc is gone already so looks like ill have to work on somethin to run windows on my mac thx

11-16-09 02:03 PM
    No, it's not free, if you want free and you have a copy of windows, you can install it using BootCamp that's part of OS X and will let you dual boot your machine... Perhaps you have a friend who recently upgraded to win 7 and won't mind if you take their old copy of XP or Vista...

11-16-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD