where can i download the new os 4.5 for my mac?
    07-18-08 05:55 PM
    You cannot do OS upgrades with a Mac its all PC based unfortunately. Your best bet is to use a friends PC or buy a cheap one on eBay and use it.
    07-20-08 09:48 AM
    i had the same question...this sucks!
    07-22-08 12:31 AM
    If you've got an Intel Mac you can do it through Boot Camp or Fusion/Parallels.
    07-23-08 07:26 AM
    If you've got an Intel Mac you can do it through Boot Camp or Fusion/Parallels.
    I highly recommend doing that. I use Fusion running XP Pro SP3. I have had amazing results Mac User for life, but the Berry will not cooperate with my taste... Windows is far easier to use with the Berry!
    07-23-08 07:37 AM
    I agree with BMcClure. I use VMware Fusion to sync and installed the new 4.5.0.51 OS. I like VMware over Parallels. It is much more stable then Parallels, and the utilities to manage your ports and drives in Windows are extremely easy to use.
    You could use Boot Camp, but the issue is you need to shutdown your Mac OSX to boot into Windows. VMware allows you to run Windows in an application window.
    Also a new feature in VMWare fusion is called Unity. Unity allows you to minimize the Windows OS window, and access your windows applications, ex. IE in a window with in OSX. It is freakin cool!
    08-05-08 08:01 AM
    You can go to verizon and they will do it free of charge
    08-05-08 02:43 PM
    You can go to verizon and they will do it free of charge
    Do what exactly? 4.5 is still in beta. Technically since it is beta, by installing it, you are potentially voiding your warranty. If you went to VZW and asked to install a beta release or had a beta installed, they would deny you support and may laugh you out of the store. Any time I have called for support, they have specifically asked for the version of OS that is installed.

Now, if VZW releases 4.5 for production devices, and puts it on their site for upgrade, then they would support and would assist you with install and upgrade at that time.

If you can get a VZW store to install a beta, please post more info, as I am very intrigued!!!
    08-05-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD