Is it possible to sync/backup 2 different Blackberrys to the same mac? I don't want to mess up anything. I am am a long time PC user who has switched to a Mac so I am kinda clueless..
    06-02-09 08:44 PM
    You can't back up even one Blackberry on a Mac running OS/X. You need Windows for that, whether via a virtual machine (Parallels, VMwareFusion, VirtualBox), or Bootcamp.

That said, if you do have Windows on your Mac, you can use the supplied Desktop Manager and sync/backup both Berries just fine, as their PIN will be different and thus their backups/syncs will be separate.

I would imagine syncing via Missing Sync would also work with two Berries. I wouldn't trust PocketMac with this, though. Sorry to say, PocketMac is truly lame software.
    06-02-09 11:00 PM
    Thanks for the info. I do not have windows on my Mac. I guess I should do that then huh?
    06-03-09 07:13 PM
    Thanks for the info. I do not have windows on my Mac. I guess I should do that then huh?
    Yup..
    Painless
    Bootcamp.
    06-03-09 08:37 PM
    Yeah, sorry, it SUCKs to have to stick Windoze on our Macs, but it's a necessary evil in this case.

Or, just grab yourself a cheap netbook running Windoze and use that. Not much more cost, especially if you go with a virtualisation program and an OEM version of Windoze (ie legit, for both programs).

Stick with XP, don't bother with Vista.

Yup..
    Painless
    Bootcamp.
    Not exactly painless. It pains me knowing I've got Windoze on my Macs, and it *really* pains me having to run it. The only upside is it's a great reminder of why I ditched Windoze a couple of years back. Ugh!
    06-03-09 10:14 PM
    Yeah, sorry, it SUCKs to have to stick Windoze on our Macs, but it's a necessary evil in this case.

Or, just grab yourself a cheap netbook running Windoze and use that. Not much more cost, especially if you go with a virtualisation program and an OEM version of Windoze (ie legit, for both programs).

Stick with XP, don't bother with Vista.

Not exactly painless. It pains me knowing I've got Windoze on my Macs, and it *really* pains me having to run it. The only upside is it's a great reminder of why I ditched Windoze a couple of years back. Ugh!

Ya well I meant the install...
    I have it on my MBP and I HAVE to run it...
    06-04-09 01:39 AM
    I have always used a PC. I HATE Vista... It was a learning curve to use the Mac I'll tell you, but I like it. I do still have my PC (laptop) but it may not make it to my "new house" (too much to expain).
    But I do need to sync and backup my blackberry. I am really kinda screwed right now.
    06-04-09 07:35 PM
    humm you can sync multiple berries using missing sync or google sync for free
    06-04-09 07:44 PM
    humm you can sync multiple berries using missing sync or google sync for free
    Thanks for verifying that MS will handle multpiple syncs. I know I can't get it to work for me at all as it corrupts my Address Book.

OP still needs a backup solution though, and for that he needs Windoze.
    06-04-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD