Follow my steps and you be GOOD to GO
    I downloaded the OS (IF ALL READY INSTALLED UNINSTALL TRU CONTROL PANEL) also uninstall previous OS versions.
    -Install the OS 5.0.0.230
    -DO NOT reboot yet
    -delete Vendor.xml (go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\apploader) find the Vendor file and DELETE it
    -disconnect from internet/or turn your wireless off
    - Restart computer
    - use shrink a os (on vista run as administrator) on the browse folder search for (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330AMEA_v5.0.0.230_P3.5.0.30)

-Remove everything except application center, event log viewer ,default font, default themes,and BB messenger and Click on Shrink MY OS.(at least for my sprint phone i deleted everything since i don't need them )
    - MAKE SURE U ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET AT ALL.
    - Open the desktop manager ( i have the 5.0)
    - it will try to give u a message to update CLICK CANCEL
    - Make you own Backup (just in case , i always do) after that then...
    - click on application loader
    - go to update software
    - wait for the progress to finish and follow the steps (click Next) and you good to go after probably 30- 40 minutes
    -the first loading will take a WHILEE so don't get frustrated it's Ok.

THEN if you want to to the add ons of the 8520 do so. i did but i only added the precision zen theme , with no games i dont play them games. and deleted all my theme only have the precision zen on the phone.

i have done this process to 3 8330 from sprint and works just perfect not a single error, or uncaught error. everything works browser etc. i tried everything on the phone I'm LOVING THIS 5.0
    if any question please email me at cjprico gmail.com
    Edit/Delete Message
    10-02-09 11:36 AM
    10-02-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD