I wasn't able to find this specific issues in any previous forum posts, so if this is a repost please direct me to the correct thread.

I installed the new 7.1 leak specifically because of the hostspot features. The install went fairly well, meaning it blew up the first try, but worked great the second try. I installed the patch COD files that someone talked about on another thread to fix a bunch of random issues. NOW the biggest problem I am having is with the Hotspot feature. I have the APN settings, obtained from a previous thread, and it works for about 2 minutes from starting the wireless hotspot network up. After about 2 minutes however, the internet on the connected device (iPad or laptop) stops working. The hotspot network continues to be present and the devices are still associated with the hotspot network (IP addy and subnet stay the same). I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

I have tethering turned on for the account and it's with AT&T in the US. Tethering works great when it's connected to a PC laptop over USB.

This is a work berry and so far I am not impressed, been spoiled with the iPhone.
    12-14-11 07:13 PM
    Sorry?

You'll be hard pressed to find any sympathy while running a leaked OS really.. the build date on that OS is insanely old.. not to mention the obscure way in which it has to be installed, it's basically begging for issues to arise -- outside of it already being an insanely buggy OS never intended for public consumption.

Go back to your iPhone for now, and come back when a legit OS releases with HotSpot built in.
    brava27 likes this.
    12-14-11 07:21 PM
    I installed the 7.1 leak as well, but required no extra settings whatsoever to get the iPad to see it. Ran a few tests on and off for about 30-40 minutes. Never lost the connection once. Not much help to you, i guess, but at least you know that it is working for someone else (faint hope clause maybe)
    12-15-11 07:57 PM
    I tried the recommended APN settings for AT&T. The hotspot would start, the wireless device (iPad) would connect but I couldn't surf the net.

I changed the settings to the following and it works great.

APN Name = wap.cingular
    Username = wap@cingular.com (instead of ...cingulargprs.com)
    Password = cingular1
    albinoyoungn likes this.
    12-15-11 08:08 PM
    Thankfully for me, Rogers doesn't need the APN. It connected right out of the box.
    12-15-11 09:47 PM
    Sorry?

You'll be hard pressed to find any sympathy while running a leaked OS really.. the build date on that OS is insanely old.. not to mention the obscure way in which it has to be installed, it's basically begging for issues to arise -- outside of it already being an insanely buggy OS never intended for public consumption.

Go back to your iPhone for now, and come back when a legit OS releases with HotSpot built in.
    I'm having a hard time understanding why you would even reply to someone asking for help, with a statement like this. The op is asking about connection issues, something that all will experience at anytime with any os, and you reply a rant that would be expected of a whiny girl.

(whining)"..the build date on that OS is insanely old"

REALLY?? The build date is oct 12th 2011. Over 2 months ago... MS XP is insanely old, and many users still run that os.

(whining) "...not to mention the obscure way in which it has to be installed, it's basically begging for issues to arise.."

REALLY??? A statement like this from the forums MANAGER??? Dude, do you know that there are TWO dedicated pages here...right here on THIS site, that are labeled "Leaked" and "Hybrid", "basically begging..." for people to install either or, at their own risk, and people STILL assist in getting them up and running?

(whining) ..."outside of it already being an insanely buggy OS never intended for public consumption."

Did you even install said os on any of the 2 available devices? I'm the originator of the 7.1.0.74 leak for the 9810, and I compiled the 7.1.0.150 hybrid. People installed the leak and hybrid KNOWING the possibilities of having issues, and I supported them through the entire process. SUCCESSFULLY.

Because you volunteer on this site, doesn't mean your free from assisting anyone here in need of assistance. If you couldn't help, you should have just pointed the op to the threads that would have gotten them their answer, or not say anything at all. Instead you promote propaganda, like you're mad you didn't get to release a desired leaked os. 7.1 works great and is more stable than any official os for the os7 devices. I use an os7 device. I wouldnt have released the 7.1 leak if the OSBB team thought otherwise, because we're dedicated and overly concerned about a users device. Nothing else.

How would you like if I start a thread, using your rant as the catalyst, to see how many people would vote you out of your volunteer position, because you're a non-helpful, propaganda promoting, whiner?

I apologize for jacking your thread, OP. If you need help, you can pm me, and I'll send you my bbm so I can help you. Look me up, and find the 2 threads I've posted. There's alot of useful info there, and anything that I've missed, just let me know and I'll help. I may not have the most "thanks", posts or any of the irrelevant bull**** that others have, believing that those things make them a creditable resource. What I do have is an excellent team in OSBB, I have knowledgeable and useful resources, and I care to assist anyone here in distress, because that's the point in even having a forum - to share knowledge and assist and support other Blackberry users.

It's easy to hide behind a keyboard and run ones mouth. It takes dedication, hardwork, and knowledge to help those in need.
    12-16-11 07:17 AM
    It's easy to hide behind a keyboard and run ones mouth. It takes dedication, hardwork, and knowledge to help those in need.
    Shhh. *Pats on head.
    Shhhhh. It will be okay..
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-16-11 07:30 AM
    Shhh. *Pats on head.
    Shhhhh. It will be okay..
    Hahahahaha! I'm a kick ya ***!

OP, here's some help:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...53/index2.html

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...taller-676884/

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...ilable-678442/

And if creditability is important to you, I got a pm from Zocster about doing a good job with this leak. Means alot to me that folks like BlackScorpion3, DeathCommand, SCrid, JD, 79Stanger, OSBB, Blacklatino, Cntrydncr, Homer, etc. value the work I put into getting this out. Read carefully...
    12-16-11 07:39 AM
    First, quit starting additional threads. Not needed. Help has always been here for those asking. The directives for installing are on the other thread as well as a *disclaimer*. If you need help, ask in the perspective forums so comments won't be taken the wrong way.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-16-11 08:08 AM
    I'm having a hard time understanding why you would even reply to someone asking for help, with a statement like this. The op is asking about connection issues, something that all will experience at anytime with any os, and you reply a rant that would be expected of a whiny girl.

(whining)"..the build date on that OS is insanely old"

REALLY?? The build date is oct 12th 2011. Over 2 months ago... MS XP is insanely old, and many users still run that os.

(whining) "...not to mention the obscure way in which it has to be installed, it's basically begging for issues to arise.."

REALLY??? A statement like this from the forums MANAGER??? Dude, do you know that there are TWO dedicated pages here...right here on THIS site, that are labeled "Leaked" and "Hybrid", "basically begging..." for people to install either or, at their own risk, and people STILL assist in getting them up and running?

(whining) ..."outside of it already being an insanely buggy OS never intended for public consumption."

Did you even install said os on any of the 2 available devices? I'm the originator of the 7.1.0.74 leak for the 9810, and I compiled the 7.1.0.150 hybrid. People installed the leak and hybrid KNOWING the possibilities of having issues, and I supported them through the entire process. SUCCESSFULLY.

Because you volunteer on this site, doesn't mean your free from assisting anyone here in need of assistance. If you couldn't help, you should have just pointed the op to the threads that would have gotten them their answer, or not say anything at all. Instead you promote propaganda, like you're mad you didn't get to release a desired leaked os. 7.1 works great and is more stable than any official os for the os7 devices. I use an os7 device. I wouldnt have released the 7.1 leak if the OSBB team thought otherwise, because we're dedicated and overly concerned about a users device. Nothing else.

How would you like if I start a thread, using your rant as the catalyst, to see how many people would vote you out of your volunteer position, because you're a non-helpful, propaganda promoting, whiner?

I apologize for jacking your thread, OP. If you need help, you can pm me, and I'll send you my bbm so I can help you. Look me up, and find the 2 threads I've posted. There's alot of useful info there, and anything that I've missed, just let me know and I'll help. I may not have the most "thanks", posts or any of the irrelevant bull**** that others have, believing that those things make them a creditable resource. What I do have is an excellent team in OSBB, I have knowledgeable and useful resources, and I care to assist anyone here in distress, because that's the point in even having a forum - to share knowledge and assist and support other Blackberry users.

No Apologize necessary, I was thinking the same thing when I came back to check on the thread! THANKS FOR OUR REPLY! Good to know some people aren't jackasses out here on the internet . I could imagine a reply like that if I was asking how to hack my way to free tethering or something through AT&T, but come on, I'm playing for the damn service and AT&T has been really slow to put out updates, which is not boding well for my feelings about BB right now.

Thanks everyone else for attempting to help me with this issue. I'm going to try to different APN setting and see what that does to fix it.

Additional comments: The actual WIFI network never drops off of my iPad or laptop, it's just the internet connection will STOP working. It still shows I'm connected over the network that it creates, but no data comes down the pipe! I forgot my phone at home today but I"ll try the APN settings when I get a chance.

Thanks!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-20-11 11:18 AM
    First, quit starting additional threads. Not needed. Help has always been here for those asking. The directives for installing are on the other thread as well as a *disclaimer*. If you need help, ask in the perspective forums so comments won't be taken the wrong way.
    I looked through the previous threads that were stated in one of the replies before I created this thread, they were all based on people with installation issues. I had a very specific problem with the Wifi Hotspot, so instead of wading through a 25 page long thread that didn't actually produce any results, I started a new one. As far as "If you need help, ask in the perspective forums so comments won't be taken the wrong way." I'm not sure how this comment is relavent since only one weirdo has taken this thread the wrong way, and everyone else has been helpful / informative...
    12-20-11 11:23 AM
    Thankfully for me, Rogers doesn't need the APN. It connected right out of the box.
    Same here!!
    12-20-11 01:12 PM
    I tried the recommended APN settings for AT&T. The hotspot would start, the wireless device (iPad) would connect but I couldn't surf the net.

I changed the settings to the following and it works great.

APN Name = wap.cingular
    Username = wap@cingular.com (instead of ...cingulargprs.com)
    Password = cingular1
    HEY THIS WORKED!!! Sorry it's taken a week to get back with the status, but if anyone is having issues with ATT tethering on the leaked 7.1 OS, just drop off the gprs deal at the end of the username and it works well.

Also, if you end up getting an error saying the network is unavailable, just take the battery out of the BB and restart it again, fixes itself for some reason.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-29-11 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD