Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
04-11-11 01:02 AM
158 12345 ...
tools
    thanks for the tip, tried that, received the register messaged immediately but nothing changed. it is also weird that as soon as i am connected to my wifi the bis connection will not change and EDGE remains... annoying cause the os itself is pretty sleak.

@elite1 same

// how do i get the servicebook?
    Go to your Setup app. (The icon is just labelled "Setup.")
    Click the first icon therein called Email Accounts. Select Ineternet Mail Account, unless you're on BES. Log in to your account. On the next page after connecting (says Email Accounts at the top and shows all associated email addy's), click MENU and select Service Books. Click the Send Service Books button at bottom.
    04-04-11 02:18 PM
    Hi rroyy

Do you know if we'll see this leak for the 9700 anytime soon?
    I have the 9700 and I just upgraded to the 6.0 software. I received a text from T-Mobile that its now available.
    04-04-11 02:19 PM
    Go to your Setup app. (The icon is just labelled "Setup.")
    Click the first icon therein called Email Accounts. Select Ineternet Mail Account, unless you're on BES. Log in to your account. On the next page after connecting (says Email Accounts at the top and shows all associated email addy's), click MENU and select Service Books. Click the Send Service Books button at bottom.
    thats where the problem starts.. when i'm in the e-mail setup is just shows me the BES menu, though i am on a bis and i am connected. this is weird..
    04-04-11 02:21 PM
    I was unsuccessful installing BBM 6.0.0.56 before and still haven't installed this leak yet because i am still at work. Can you walk me through your process for getting that version of BBM to worK?
    Follow Lyricidal's directions here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...6/#post6187810
    04-04-11 02:26 PM
    I have the 9700 and I just upgraded to the 6.0 software. I received a text from T-Mobile that its now available.
    Link please, I can't find anything on T-Mobile's website...
    04-04-11 02:26 PM
    There are multiple versions of OS6. New updated versions are regularly released.

I believe T-Mo has released 6.0.0.448. This thread is regarding 6.0.0.526, which is a higher version.

PS your profile still says you have an 8320 btw.
    04-04-11 02:30 PM
    Link please, I can't find anything on T-Mobile's website...
    I'm 99% sure the other member is referring to 448 released by T-Mo USA.
    04-04-11 02:35 PM
    Pffft… Navigating through the Options menus is soooo OS5…

But seriously, nothing wrong with what you said. It's just with OS6 there's no need to learn/know/use the navigation through the Options menus. Universal Search functionality is integrated. Just type what you're looking for. You rarely have to type more than 2-3 letters!
    Forgot to use universal search lol thanks for your tips anyway hehe

Ohh btw, chat cursor for Y!M, WLM, and others still not appears in this .526.
    Last edited by ryo-kun; 04-04-11 at 02:49 PM.
    04-04-11 02:42 PM
    thats where the problem starts.. when i'm in the e-mail setup is just shows me the BES menu, though i am on a bis and i am connected. this is weird..
    Okay, you'll need to try via PC. Do you know how to sign into your BB email site? You can send service books from there.

If that doesn't work, can you provide some history? When did you get this device? When have you loaded OS's before, and/or which ones?
    04-04-11 03:04 PM
    Forgot to use universal search lol thanks for your tips anyway hehe
    No problem!

You can actually look up the Options menus directly through US, but it adds a step or two. Much quicker, more efficient to open Options app and type.

Help app works the same btw. You can look up via US, but works much better to open Help and type.

Ohh btw, chat cursor for Y!M, WLM, and others still not appears in this .526.
    Annoying workaround, but when you want/need the cursor, it should appear if you click a SHIFT key.

I have NOT heard anything, but I just have a hunch we'll see updates of the RIM-made IM clients sometime soon.
    04-04-11 03:12 PM
    I'm 99% sure the other member is referring to 448 released by T-Mo USA.
    Oh ok, too bad...
    04-04-11 03:38 PM
    The OS downgraded my BBM to one below the release in AppWorld. I had to uninstall and reinstall the one in AppWorld. My contacts were missing and I couldn't reinstall them using my registered emails (even though I had backed them up prior to downloading the new OS because I wanted to be careful) Had to resort to DM restore of BBM contacts. Very annoyed. Why would the OS downgrade my BBM in the first place?
    04-04-11 03:39 PM
    Just delete the folder should suffice. But I personally do both, how hard is it anyway?
    This is actually a bad suggestion. ALWAYS uninstall the previous installed OS via Add/Remove because there are registry keys left behind that tell DM what OS is installed and where. Some people have had issues in the past when they cut corners like this... these sort of issues came up a bunch when people were messing around with hybrid installs and cutting corners by just deleting the OS directory they didn't want. It started causing install issues because DM or AppLoader couldn't keep the OS installs streight.
    04-04-11 04:12 PM
    will this work for 9700 (I believe not) ?

And if not when will the leak for the 9700 will be here??/
    04-04-11 04:17 PM
    will this work for 9700 (I believe not) ?

And if not when will the leak for the 9700 will be here??/
    No (you believe right)... and whenever the leak gods decide to
    04-04-11 04:39 PM
    Downloaded, shrunk, wiped, installed, restored, and added in the new BBM leak and I'm a happy camper. So far, I've not noticed any serious issues, but I'm still in the keycode phase of things. (Putting in all my app keycodes etc)
    04-04-11 04:55 PM
    This is actually a bad suggestion. ALWAYS uninstall the previous installed OS via Add/Remove because there are registry keys left behind that tell DM what OS is installed and where. Some people have had issues in the past when they cut corners like this... these sort of issues came up a bunch when people were messing around with hybrid installs and cutting corners by just deleting the OS directory they didn't want. It started causing install issues because DM or AppLoader couldn't keep the OS installs streight.
    This is good advice but how much of a problem does it it really cause? I never delete previous versions and have always updated to no problems.
    04-04-11 04:55 PM
    Is it just me or has the quality of the feedback on these leaked OS forums gone to he*l in a handbasket lately?
    04-04-11 05:10 PM
    Is it just me or has the quality of the feedback on these leaked OS forums gone to he*l in a handbasket lately?
    Well, in my experience it takes at least a day to fully get a feel for the new OS.
    If you want my immediate impressions:
    Not impressed that it downgraded the BBM
    Upgrades Social Feeds seems nice
    Overall speeds seems slightly improved
    Some have reported problems connecting to BIS and retrieving email
    04-04-11 05:20 PM
    Guess I'll just sit out on this one unless there are significant changes! .480 is just too great an OS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 06:15 PM
    These are my observations so far:

-the whole OS seems very snappy, especially the browser,

-memory leak seems to be fixed as I was watching memory use in Application Management and before my very eyes, Home Screen and Browser have released some memory (both use a lot of memory),

-it could be me but it seems to me like bbm is working much faster now (delivering messages, confirming delivery and such).
    04-04-11 06:48 PM
    I wish people would stop saying every new leak is *snappy or snappier* than the one before. Honestly, after a while you cant really notice the difference in so called snappiness. Speed wont change if you go from 6.0.0.448 to 6.0.0.526 unless the leak is equipped with nitrous. These little upgrades aren't any faster than the previous ones.
    216d8f7f likes this.
    04-04-11 07:42 PM
    These are my observations so far:

-the whole OS seems very snappy, especially the browser,

-memory leak seems to be fixed as I was watching memory use in Application Management and before my very eyes, Home Screen and Browser have released some memory (both use a lot of memory),

-it could be me but it seems to me like bbm is working much faster now (delivering messages, confirming delivery and such).
    I completely agree with everything you said
    04-04-11 07:48 PM
    -memory leak seems to be fixed as I was watching memory use in Application Management and before my very eyes, Home Screen and Browser have released some memory (both use a lot of memory)
    Memory leak?... how can something be fixed that was never broken?

The 9780 has never suffered memory leak, on any OS version.

What you are witnessing is memory USAGE
    04-04-11 07:51 PM
    I wish people would stop saying every new leak is *snappy or snappier* than the one before. Honestly, after a while you cant really notice the difference in so called snappiness. Speed wont change if you go from 6.0.0.448 to 6.0.0.526 unless the leak is equipped with nitrous. These little upgrades aren't any faster than the previous ones.
    LOL this. I always wondered what "more snappy" meant. Do transitions happen faster? Do things open .2 seconds faster? All I know with each version is that applications open the same and the transitions are smooth but not 100 percent.
    04-04-11 08:13 PM
158 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD