Leaked OS 6.0.0.524 for the BlackBerry Curve 9330 Fixes and Findings

Download Here:
    FileServe

*Disclaimer - Install at your own risk and always back up your data before loading! This is NOT an official release and as such is not supported by Research In Motion or your Wireless Carrier. BBH-Plus.net is not responsible for any loss of data or any other issues that may arise during the loading process.

Thanks BBH-Plus Forums & ALKi3

Become BBH+ VIP Today!
    Last edited by rroyy; 04-17-11 at 02:35 PM.
    04-04-11 07:53 AM
    Enjoy 9330 users! Have fun!

Here's my short-version OS install guide before the questions come...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    04-04-11 07:59 AM
    This has been an issue in multiple OS's across multiple devices.

With some OS's for some apps, selecting Paste from the MENU won't work. So here's your workaround alternatives.

When you're at the spot where you wish to Paste the keycode you've Copied:
    1. Hold down the Trackpad to open the Context Menu, select Paste; or
    2. (Touchscreen only) Hold down your finger to open the Context Menu, select Paste; or
    3. Click either SHIFT key then the Trackpad. This should simply Paste the item; however it was broken in 486 and either didn't work or opened the Context Menu so you can still Paste.
    04-04-11 08:07 AM
    Torrent available for faster downloading. Attached here as a ZIP file. I'll seed for the next few days.
    04-04-11 12:13 PM
    faster download - Update Your Blackberry.com - Download OS 6.0.0.524 9330
    04-04-11 03:10 PM
    I went ahead and installed this after using BB Boss to shrink - it is quick! I use the same shrink settings for any OS I install, and I like the improvements. Also, this one apparently allows me to view YouTube videos in the native browser, although I haven't spent a lot of time trying that out (I'll report back later). I'm primarily happy that I didn't lose Hebrew support with this version (the BlueGrass Cellular doesn't have Hebrew, so I had to roll back to VZW).

EDIT TO ADD: So when I tried agian with a YouTube video embedded on a site other than YouTube, I get audio, but the video doesn't actually play.
    Last edited by shemmy; 04-04-11 at 04:14 PM.
    04-04-11 03:57 PM
    Umm Guys, I'm assuming you all are from the U.S, but yeah I'm from the U.K, just purchased the 9300 (same as 9330, right?) this afternoon. I plugged it into the PC and it automatically updated to OS6, i.e. it's officially released...

;D

Quick question, is there a way to check the LCD number of a BB without dismantling the phone itself?

Thnx
    04-05-11 02:32 PM
    blackberry beta zone doesn't work from your Berry with this leak....keeps looping back to sign in page...
    I'm rolling back to .436
    Last edited by j.p.hatfield; 04-05-11 at 02:51 PM.
    04-05-11 02:43 PM
    blackberry beta zone doesn't work from your Berry with this leak....keeps looping back to sign in page...
    I'm rolling back to .436
    I changed pw and finally got through....browser and signal go in and out??? Anyone else??
    FB 2.0 chat still out
    BBM 5.3 good
    Browser sketchy
    Signal jumpy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-11 09:23 PM
    I haven't experienced any of those issues (granted, I left the FB 2.0 Beta and can't rejoin, but I never used FB Chat anyway). My browser works great, and the signal is great. That last could be a difference in carrier coverage/region.
    04-06-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD