02-19-10 07:29 AM
477 12345 ...
tools
    Hello guys heres the mirror on megaupload for bold 9000

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    01-29-10 10:30 AM
    Anyone else with ATT report on VVM/browser/SMS fix??
    01-29-10 10:36 AM
    Hey guys...Lets try to avoid the "I'm downloading now" posts.
    And also the posts about avoiding the the "I'm downloading now" posts.
    01-29-10 10:50 AM
    FWIW, according to a tweet, Crucial recommended keeping .411.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Any additional info on crucial's comment?
    01-29-10 10:50 AM
    01-29-10 10:51 AM
    Using a debranded AT&T Bold 9000 on AT&T. I did not wipe the phone prior to upgrading but when it finished upgrading and restored, everything is working fine. About the screen lock, I noticed its putting the phone in standby. Maybe not a bug but RIM removing that functionality going forward?

VVM working - Phantom SMS still exist for me. Maybe a configuration issue on my phone. Not sure.
    SMS working
    MMS working
    Browser working (Internet Browser by default)
    Cannot test AT&T hotspot but it was working on .411
    Last edited by tavella; 01-29-10 at 10:57 AM.
    01-29-10 10:54 AM
    Finished upgrading from .411.
    Initial free memory is a bit less than in .411 (in my case from 36 to 34 mb)

• Browser, SMS and Media fixes not necessary.
    • As stated screen lock does not work (I dont use it anyway)
    • BBM fine
    • Browser fine
    • Camera bug, gone
    • Pics display sharper than in .411
    • Boot time, similar to .411
    • WiFi, works fine.
    • GPS locks fast and well
    • Radio....mmm.... in my office I usually had 3G and now only get Edge...

Running apps:
    • Google Maps
    • Berryweather
    • Quicklaunch
    • Live Messenger

All work fine..

Obviously cannot say anything yet about battery life and memory leak.
    01-29-10 10:57 AM
    Using a debranded AT&T Bold 9000 on AT&T. I did not wipe the phone prior to upgrading but when it finished upgrading and restored, everything is working fine. About the screen lock, I noticed its putting the phone in standby. Maybe not a bug but RIM removing that functionality going forward?

VVM working - Phantom SMS still exist for me. Maybe a configuration issue on my phone. Not sure.
    SMS working
    MMS working
    Browser working (Internet Browser by default)
    Cannot test AT&T hotspot but it was working on .411
    I could be wrong, but I think they will remain working if you do not wipe.

Anyone who did a full wipe able to report on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 11:00 AM
    Any ETA for the "official" releases of OS 5 from AT&T?

Looking for Curve 8900 and Bold 9000 (for the boss).
    01-29-10 11:01 AM
    Tavella, since you and I have the same set up.

How's the memory leak?
    How's the battery life?

Anyone else have some feedback on this. These are my only issues I have with any of the builds.
    01-29-10 11:02 AM
    wait, you can't lock the device with the new Bold OS?
    that's a pretty huge bug!
    Yeah, that's a feature I use all the time. My left convenience button is tied to screen lock.
    01-29-10 11:03 AM
    It would not be serious at this stage to report on battery life and memory leak. Its only been a couple of hours since the leak, so my opinion is that people should wait at least 24 hs to report these aspects.
    01-29-10 11:04 AM
    I decided to give it a whirl, it does include the VVM files and requires no browser fix...

I am also very happy to report that the weirdness with alerts not stopping when you started typing in messenger is fixed, it now stops on any keystroke.

As for screen lock, the */a is mapped wrong, it is mapped to send it into standby, I don't use it so I don't really care all that much and the fix to the alerts is enough to make me happy no matter what.
    01-29-10 11:08 AM
    Can someone post a mirror please? .464 links are overloaded.

EDIT: Nevermind...
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 01-29-10 at 11:25 AM.
    01-29-10 11:10 AM
    I decided to give it a whirl, it does include the VVM files and requires no browser fix...

I am also very happy to report that the weirdness with alerts not stopping when you started typing in messenger is fixed, it now stops on any keystroke.

As for screen lock, the */a is mapped wrong, it is mapped to send it into standby, I don't use it so I don't really care all that much and the fix to the alerts is enough to make me happy no matter what.
    So if it's mapped wrong, then all that needs to be done is change the setting in the speed dial list, right?

And just to be clear, no browser/VVM/SMS text required with this OS, correct? I'm hooked on the VVM, so don't want to lose that feature at all or have to do the fix.

I've passed on the latest 3 or 4 OSs because of this problem. And for whatever reason, the browser fix never worked for me (even with BBSAK).

Thanks!
    01-29-10 11:15 AM
    So if it's mapped wrong, then all that needs to be done is change the setting in the speed dial list, right?

And just to be clear, no browser/VVM/SMS text required with this OS, correct? I'm hooked on the VVM, so don't want to lose that feature at all or have to do the fix.

I've passed on the latest 3 or 4 OSs because of this problem. And for whatever reason, the browser fix never worked for me (even with BBSAK).

Thanks!
    Re: speed dial list.. nope, there is no lock function at ALL..even clicking on it in the speed dial list will put your bold into standby.

Just finished upgrading and did a battery pull right away..usually my initial mem is around 25mb but this time it's at 30+ ..so far so good!
    01-29-10 11:20 AM
    I did a full wipe, not able to access my wifi at the office, not sure if it is the wifi or the phone, never had problems before but I am the only one in here right now.

Everything else is working fine (outside the screen lock already reported).
    01-29-10 11:20 AM
    Hmm, no screen lock. Can't say I particularly like that bug.
    01-29-10 11:22 AM
    Memory leaks? I think it's too early to tell. I checked it a little while ago and it was at 31.5 free. I have 30.8 right now. I did open a few web pages so that could be the cause.

Battery life wise, I've really never had a problem. I can't check the help screen to determine the uptime but it seems to be holding ok. The battery shows 90% but it's almost a year old and the 3G here isn't the best so I forced it to stay on 3G to keep off of EDGE. Might be eating the battery because of that. At home, it stays pretty well charged.

I can say that the browser is now FAST again. I thought AT&T was crapping out tower wise but I'm shocked at how it works now.

Setup a quick Ad-hoc wifi on my laptop and the phone connected without any problems.
    Last edited by tavella; 01-29-10 at 11:27 AM.
    01-29-10 11:24 AM
    Any else do a full wipe and have wifi problems? Trying to figure out if this is me or the version....
    01-29-10 11:26 AM
    I was seriously starting to wonder if the BOLD is ever gonna get a leak again.

THanks!!
    01-29-10 11:27 AM
    Any else do a full wipe and have wifi problems? Trying to figure out if this is me or the version....
    Did the full wipe, just connected to WiFi hotspot here and no issues. I am trying to connect to a WPA2 network and having trouble, although that may be a setup issue on my part.

Hoping the battery life will be better than .411. No issues found so far. Might have a Bluetooth issue but will post more later.
    01-29-10 11:33 AM
    for those reporting that there's no keyboard lock, what happens when you put it in the holster? does it go to standby instead of lock? just curious.
    01-29-10 11:34 AM
    Rs was quick enough with premium account.. Just wiped and installing in a bit.. Lets hope there are no more mem leaks!
    01-29-10 11:35 AM
    Holster acts as it normally does...doesn't go into standby.
    01-29-10 11:39 AM
477 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD