10-22-10 04:54 PM
35 12
tools
    The seperate lock and stand by functions will more than likely never be back. And there is no simple patch to restore this function. It is a part of the overall core radio file of the device and thus cannot be modified. Your best option is to run some sort of hybrid based off a lower base but this will severely limit the capabilities of the OS.
    03-30-10 09:47 AM

Ten char....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 12:38 PM
    it'll never be back, tho honestly i love the new way it is, i use standby all the time...
    03-30-10 12:48 PM
    I still feel like its not true standby, but ill stick with berries

03-30-10 11:32 PM
    And I just listened to the latest podcast, and cb founder kevin said he prefers standby...

I'm just sayin

03-31-10 08:51 PM
    But I agree with the OP.. I strongly dislike the way the Mute/Stanby and Lock keys are configured.

even with my 8100 that was the only way to quickly lock the device by holding in the mute key. and it would completely disable the phone until you pressed it again.

I am looking for newer hybrid OS that has this feature still intact for my 9700.

My biggest problem with the new configuration is the fact that the lock key no longer goes to the "Lock screen" which indicated that your phone was actually Locked Vs Standby. I like my lock screen and not just the fade to black.

Dumb! Are all the newer phones like this as well? Does the 9800 not have a Mute/Standby Key?

I personally love .330 Never had in issue with that build..
    10-22-10 04:14 PM
    Dumb! Are all the newer phones like this as well? Does the 9800 not have a Mute/Standby Key?

I personally love .330 Never had in issue with that build..
    Yup, they're all like that... and will remain so

You'll be very lucky to find a hybrid builder who'll add that old functionality, if it's even possible.

Sooo, either stick with your dinosaur .330 or update to .442
    10-22-10 04:27 PM
    Yup, they're all like that... and will remain so
    Sooo, either stick with your dinosaur .330 or update to .442
    I tried upgrading to .979. but didnt really like it. I have gotten so used to my Dinosaur .330 that I just cant dump it. In my opinion it was a very solid OS for my device needs. Only bug I've had is the thread SMS locking up. But I can always access the thread back after restarting my device.

So for theme builders that make themes with a seperate a "Lock Screen". Is that no longer necessary since there doesn't really seem to be a way to get to that screen anymore?

how's the 9780 compared to the 9700? Is OS 6 really that great?
    10-22-10 04:40 PM
    So for theme builders that make themes with a seperate a "Lock Screen". Is that no longer necessary since there doesn't really seem to be a way to get to that screen anymore?

how's the 9780 compared to the 9700? Is OS 6 really that great?
    The 'lock screen' is still there on newer OS builds if you have a password set.

Loving the 9780, and OS6 is great once you get used to it

Hope you 9700 guys get a leak soon, and it runs as well as it does on the 9780.
    10-22-10 04:49 PM
    I hope that 2.

10-22-10 04:54 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD