194 123 ...
tools
    As normal

Good:

Bad:
    09-16-10 08:53 AM
    Installed... all seems well thus far.
    09-16-10 09:51 AM
    I really havent noticed much of a difference, all apps installed smoothly, boot time is around 95 seconds.

The Browser does seem a little snappier and faster in rendering... dont know if this is just because I WIPED it before i loaded this leak
    09-16-10 09:54 AM
    Satellite lock for me is much faster for me. Pandora also started up the quickest I've ever seen. Browser seems about the same, but network traffic does seem a bit snappier.
    09-16-10 10:11 AM
    So, for those that upgraded from .862 that are running a Rogers branded 9700 w/UMA service, still have UMA capability with this build?

I realize that Rogers has blocked UMA at the end of August from those that are not signed up for Rogers TalkSpot, but I am debating signing up for TalkSpot soon, so having UMA capability is a factor for me before upgrading.
    09-16-10 10:29 AM
    Does this OS come with BBM 5.0.1.38?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 10:33 AM
    dont see any differences yet...
    09-16-10 10:58 AM
    So, for those that upgraded from .862 that are running a Rogers branded 9700 w/UMA service, still have UMA capability with this build?

I realize that Rogers has blocked UMA at the end of August from those that are not signed up for Rogers TalkSpot, but I am debating signing up for TalkSpot soon, so having UMA capability is a factor for me before upgrading.
    UMA still works fine for me here.
    09-16-10 12:02 PM
    installed, seems fine, no issues with anything
    09-16-10 12:20 PM
    Hello
    have a question...
    is it a multi language or only English version?
    09-16-10 01:04 PM
    installed, seems fine, no issues with anything
    Any difference regarding memory more or less is my real question.
    09-16-10 01:14 PM
    Hello
    have a question...
    is it a multi language or only English version?
    There's no such thing as an 'English only' OS... it's Multilanguage

Any difference regarding memory more or less is my real question.
    Compared to what?

For me, compared to .862 there's little or no difference in file free memory
    09-16-10 01:28 PM
    Does this OS come with BBM 5.0.1.38?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

no, you have to upgrade via App World after install
    09-16-10 01:36 PM
    Ive installed it because I cant prevent myself from grabbing the latest version. To be honest .862 was already near perfect, and I cannot really tell any differences with this version.

As many here, we are only installing this as we keep waiting for the OS6 leak... some day!!
    09-16-10 02:04 PM
    UMA still works fine for me here.
    But but but... you are on T-Mobile!

I am not sure about 9700's on T-MO, to be honest; but for 9700's on Rogers, UMA (and the Wifi Preferred option) was never available to us until .862.

Since between my first post above and this reply, I signed up for Rogers Talkspot, hehe. But if I lose UMA in .938, I will need to stick with .862.
    09-16-10 02:09 PM
    There's no such thing as an 'English only' OS... it's Multilanguage

Compared to what?

For me, compared to .862 there's little or no difference in file free memory
    Thanks Phil
    09-16-10 02:09 PM
    It is a tad faster, not just the "I think it is" type, I certainly notice it being snapy-er. The browser is better, I can now load the Outlook web access from work without fail and that to loads faster (the main page anyways as that's as far as I could go previously).

I've noticed a 4-6 MB difference on memory, saved memory that is so it's nice. It unloaded the newer version of BBM and put it in my list of 'uninstalled' apps in BBAppWorld, I just went there and re-installed it.

Otherwise I think it's a win, until OS6 that is... Soon I hope
    09-16-10 02:27 PM
    I'm on TMO USA and I had version 862 before I installed this one. I gained about 7 mb of memory and my battery so far is much better. I wasn't expecting that as it seems to take a day or 2 to get a true feel for battery life but 862 was pretty bad for me and I took my phone off the charger a little over an hour ago with about 10 emails received and 2 sent and 5 minutes looking something up on the web the battery hasn't moved at all...still 100%. Anyway, other than that it seems to run fine. I haven't noticed any major speed changes on the web or anything.
    09-16-10 02:33 PM
    I'd be curious to hear what CX has to say about this version.
    09-16-10 02:43 PM
    I downloaded the file and installed on the computer but when I launch desktop manager it doesnt load the install. When I run the check it says my device is up to date. I checked and the install files are loaded in the loader Files folder. Anyway to force it to install?
    09-16-10 03:02 PM
    I downloaded the file and installed on the computer but when I launch desktop manager it doesnt load the install. When I run the check it says my device is up to date. I checked and the install files are loaded in the loader Files folder. Anyway to force it to install?
    Try installing it with Apploader instead of Desktop Manager, follow the instructions exactly (deleting the vendor.xml file is very important)

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    09-16-10 03:08 PM
    Delete the vendor file.
    09-16-10 03:09 PM
    did you delete the "Vendor.xml" file?
    09-16-10 03:09 PM
    Delete the vendor file.
    did you delete the "Vendor.xml" file?
    You don't need to delete the vendor.xml file when installing a leaked OS.
    The file is just an empty shell, and the OS will still install with it there.
    09-16-10 03:16 PM
    But but but... you are on T-Mobile!

I am not sure about 9700's on T-MO, to be honest; but for 9700's on Rogers, UMA (and the Wifi Preferred option) was never available to us until .862.

Since between my first post above and this reply, I signed up for Rogers Talkspot, hehe. But if I lose UMA in .938, I will need to stick with .862.
    If you signed up for it, you wont lose it.

You don't need to delete the vendor.xml file when installing a leaked OS.
    The file is just an empty shell, and the OS will still install with it there.
    Very true, i've been able to apply the updates via DM... but since I did a fresh wipe today i did it with loader.exe and NOT delete the Vendor file.
    09-16-10 03:22 PM
194 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD