Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
11-10-09 11:40 AM
36 12
tools
    I can't seem to get App World to connect, my Quickpull doesn't seem to work. Anybody have any others that are not working?
    09-29-09 06:12 PM
    I can't get Viigo to work.
    09-29-09 06:14 PM
    Me either Viigo wont even start.
    09-29-09 06:35 PM
    That's to be expected seeing as how it's only a beta release and not an official release.
    09-29-09 06:38 PM
    Viigo and Quickpull. Besides that, no issues.
    09-29-09 08:17 PM
    CNN Mobile and ESPN Mobile Links are not working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 08:48 PM
    BB Messenger disappeared from mine, anyone else with this problem?
    09-29-09 08:55 PM
    Ivan, BBM 5 doesn't work in 5.0. You have to load 4.7. Open up App Loader, and recheck BBM and it will load 4.7.

Anyhow:
    Quickpull wont work (work around hit ALT+CAPS+DEL at the same time for a forced reboot)
    App World doesn't work
    Few theme issues (they work fine, but on the main screen the horizontal bar requires you push vertical up/down to scroll)
    Memory Leak

Otherwise pretty decent. Love the threaded SMS.
    09-29-09 10:07 PM
    To add to the list:

The back button doesn't work when browsing in Bolt. (minor issue)
    No auto-sleep when holstered.
    It doesn't recognize my non-BB (Motorola) AC charger (insufficient current error).

I like the new flexibiliby in profiles and will gladly upgrade when the official OS comes out, but I'll be rolling back this evening after I do some more exploring with the GPS and other functions.

The combination of no auto sleep and the persnickety charger behavior are deal killers for me now.
    09-30-09 06:19 AM
    I seem to also be missing the Media Home shortcut. I still get a shortcut to ring tones, video, camcorder, but I can't access my MP3 files. Odd thing is that my ringers are still in tact. Help anyone?
    09-30-09 06:35 AM
    I can't get the free ver of documents-2-go to work. Not a biggie, but one more for the list unless someone has a good ota link to one that works.
    09-30-09 07:39 AM
    Media will reappear if you change themes, just change to the bb dimension theme
    09-30-09 08:05 AM
    The memory leak bothers me. I can get over the App World (there are other ways to get apps) and you can pull the battery if you have to. I am rolling back to 4.5.169 until an official release is out. I look forward to it, looks like it is going to be nice.
    09-30-09 08:26 AM
    Thanks moffett! It worked! Is there another bold like theme that will work for OS 5.0? Just glad to have my music back now..LOL! Btw..ur phone will still go into sleep mode while in the holster.
    09-30-09 08:46 AM
    Docs To Go and App World both work fine, as do all my 3rd party apps (WLM, FB, Pocket Express, Google Maps, GoKivo Navigator, BerryWeather)

Media Player also works fine for me... so far

The only thing that doesn't work is the native voice dialler app

09-30-09 10:17 AM
    I can't seem to get Gmail to work. I get an uncaught exception error. I did a google search and this seems to be a problem with OS 5, but I also see people say that it is working for them. If there is a fix, I'd love to know what it is.
    09-30-09 11:21 AM
    Here is a list of what is not working for me:

MLB launcher does not work
    CNN launcher does not work
    App world does not work
    Opera Mini does not work
    Quick pull does not work

ESPN Launcher is working for me

Still not sure if I will be keeping this built just yet. I really like the threaded SMS and the new BB browser.
    09-30-09 11:48 AM
    Ivan, BBM 5 doesn't work in 5.0. You have to load 4.7. Open up App Loader, and recheck BBM and it will load 4.7.

Anyhow:
    Quickpull wont work (work around hit ALT+CAPS+DEL at the same time for a forced reboot)
    App World doesn't work
    Few theme issues (they work fine, but on the main screen the horizontal bar requires you push vertical up/down to scroll)
    Memory Leak

Otherwise pretty decent. Love the threaded SMS.
    BB App World, works on 5.0, i'm using version 1.1.0.15 of BB App World with no problem
    09-30-09 11:53 AM
    Everything was pretty good until I got to work. I don't know it is bb tasks or Pocket Day but when I go to change a date in tasks it locks up when I click the trackball to pull the drop down list. Weird!

09-30-09 02:18 PM
    Vlingo doesn't work for me either. I miss my BBM 5, but I really like all the changes in this OS.
    09-30-09 05:07 PM
    1. AlertMatrix, IdeaMatrix, ToDoMatrix and SmartAlerts do not save sound profile settings in between reboots.

2. KeyPass for BB (versions 1 and 2) do not display data entry fields. Group and subgroups displayed without issue.

3. QuickLauncher redrawing while scrolling is buggy.

4. QuickLauncher unable to map 'Compose SMS' properly, the new Media folder/app, Files, or Clock.
    09-30-09 07:45 PM
    1. AlertMatrix, IdeaMatrix, ToDoMatrix and SmartAlerts do not save sound profile settings in between reboots.

2. KeyPass for BB (versions 1 and 2) do not display data entry fields. Group and subgroups displayed without issue.

3. QuickLauncher redrawing while scrolling is buggy.

4. QuickLauncher unable to map 'Compose SMS' properly, the new Media folder/app, Files, or Clock.
    Glad to see I'm not alone with the QuickLaunch issues.
    09-30-09 08:25 PM
    So far the only app I use that doesn't work with the 8330 5.0.0.230 OS is GroupWise IM/Enterprise Messenger. I have tried all the versions I have access to (2.0.25, 2.1.19c and 2.2.23c). I have to go back to the 4.5.169 Hybrid. If someone has a fix, please let me know!
    Last edited by jb_pdx; 10-01-09 at 10:15 PM.
    09-30-09 08:46 PM
    Vlingo doesn't work- no big deal.
    Viigo doesn't work, slightly more disappointing.
    Quickpull doesn't work.
    Appworld won't connect, any version. I've heard this only happens to some, how do I get around it?
    09-30-09 10:35 PM
    Beejive (both the current release and the beta) don't work.
    09-30-09 10:37 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD