01-11-11 01:24 PM
61 123
tools
    Anyone posted a link yet?

I meant 5.0.0.230. Sorry for the typo in the title.
    Last edited by sna77; 09-25-09 at 08:00 PM.
    09-25-09 07:57 PM
    I give up you know what to do.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Enjoy!
    09-25-09 08:43 PM
    sweet, thanks!
    09-25-09 08:45 PM
    Alright, now we need a findings thread for the brave souls that do this...
    09-25-09 09:43 PM
    If the flip (no offense) is gettin a 5.0 leak we gotta be gettin close to an official.
    09-25-09 11:04 PM
    If the flip (no offense) is gettin a 5.0 leak we gotta be gettin close to an official.

I was a former Pearl 8130 user for 2+ years, who moved to the Tour and hated the full keyboard... The flip is OK. New OS, and the small keyboard that I like... Just hate the f-ing flip... Wish they'd make a Pearl 3 with the exact same shell as the old Pearls and change around the insides....

Anyhow, so far so good with this. Threaded SMS rocks. BBM is still 4.7 which is weird...
    09-25-09 11:07 PM
    Uploading as I type.. taking forever as usual! But will post my finding as soon as I can. So glad I saw this! I've really been wanting threaded sms.
    09-26-09 12:48 AM
    Uploading as I type.. taking forever as usual! But will post my finding as soon as I can. So glad I saw this! I've really been wanting threaded sms.
    Any body having any issues with 5.0.0.230 for the pearl flip? If not, I want to tell the poor souls at work who have been given this phone by default about maybe trying to get it...
    09-26-09 12:50 AM
    No 8220 love yet? At least this is a sign that it should be getting 5.0 too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 01:30 AM
    So far so go. Little changes that I noticed.
    1. It now says 3G with the little dots by the signal bars where it used to say 1XEV.

2. Threaded SMS and it's sweet!! However when you get a text it looks like its a BBM the indictor icon is very similar to the BBM one. I don't know if the BBM one has changed I haven't gotten a BBM yet

3. Media. It's now a folder instead of just clicking the icon and going through.

4. Browser Homepage is "larger" by that I mean the font and it's so much easier to see what you're typing! YAY! Doesn't appear to be faster but it's the pearl flip I mean what do you expect. Lol .

5. Options. There are alot more options now! You can change your ringtone here and well as on the homescreen. There is now an Applications option on the first page of the option menu. You can choose to view Third Party Apps, Add-ons or Core. I like it a alot it's easier to find what you need.

6. BBM is still version 4.7 which is fine with me.

7. Application Center is available like on the Storm.

That's all I've noticed or looked for so far. Runs good. But then again I've only had it on my phone for maybe 30 mins. Now I have to go and rearrange everything

If anyone has any specific questions just let me know.

Night CB!
    09-26-09 01:34 AM
    so let me verify if im workin with an 8220, and attempt to install this software what complications will i run into, or will it even be possible. if not possible is there anyway to modify or recreate to support 8220?? thanks
    09-26-09 12:04 PM
    Hi guys.
    Anybody knows if other Pearl versions will receive OS upgrades?
    I'm interested in ajax and the possibility to use google docs for editing (not with Bolt browser).
    09-26-09 12:35 PM
    so let me verify if im workin with an 8220, and attempt to install this software what complications will i run into, or will it even be possible. if not possible is there anyway to modify or recreate to support 8220?? thanks
    Not possible. Both pearl flip[s but two different phones. Os builds are model number specific.
    09-26-09 12:44 PM
    Installing as we speak. Will post findings once Ive worked with the OS for a while.
    09-26-09 12:46 PM
    Does anyone know if this is only for the VZW version of the 8230? Device Manger, and the App Loader won't let me install on my 8230 from Alltel. Have already deleted the Vendor.xml file.
    09-26-09 01:22 PM
    Does anyone know if this is only for the VZW version of the 8230? Device Manger, and the App Loader won't let me install on my 8230 from Alltel. Have already deleted the Vendor.xml file.
    Same thing with my wifeys alltel pearl flip. I have the 9630 tour running 5.0.0.230 and its nice! Let me know if you have any luck with the OS
    09-26-09 02:59 PM
    I'm going to post my findings here, copied and pasted from a post in another forum:

"Well, it's booting for the first time, so i'll start a little findings post and update it as I find stuff:

- has the new BlackBerry boot screen on inside and outside LCDs
    - seems to hang at about the 33% mark for quite awhile on first boot, much like Storm (EDIT: wow, this is taking a LONG time!)
    - at first glance, looks identical to 4.6.1.xxx; has the 5.0 media folder layout and the event sounds. Also has the 5.0 Options menu layout and the new Applications list by category - connections and clock settings NOT accessible from main screen
    - seems very snappy, no lag
    - threaded SMS
    - boot up time from battery pull (counting from time battery touches contacts to time startup chime is heard) is around 2 minutes, 10 seconds.
    - 61.5MB free App memory after a fresh battery pull. This is on a non-shrunken OS with Help and Languages not installed.
    - more font size options, can go from 5pt to 14pt; 4.6.1.234 only went as low as 7pt. Useful on a device this size to fit more on-screen.
    - 3G icon
    - browser nothing to write home about, still takes forever to load BBOS front page (around 2 minutes) - does a relatively nice job displaying it, though.
    - Bluetooth volume seems a bit higher
    - Audio volume doesn't seem to get asininely high like the 9530 version of .230
    - For some reason, an icon for net_rim_tid_multitap appears in the Downloads folder. I am going to hide it and not mess with it, though.
    - Radio seems decent, holding the same 2-3 bars of 3G in my basement that 4.6.1.234 did
    - Does NOT reset the PRL to 0 like the Storm version of 5.0.0.230 does after a battery pull
    - Just like other 5.0 releases, the Flip can now properly render PDF files in the browser
    - Once media player is used, won't display time on outside display until a battery pull is done. Keeps displaying track info even though app is closed

All in all, so far doesn't seem so much different from 4.6.1.234 - alot less dramatic of a difference than say 4.7.0.148 on the Storm vs. 5.0.0.230 on the Storm (although I wasn't expecting such a dramatic difference as we saw with the Storm)

One thing I will note (and this is NOT 5.0 specific, more of a general recommendation for the 8230) is that Opera Mini v4.x is a much better fit for the flip than 5.0 beta is. I like 5.0s interface on the flip, but it is simply too laggy. "
    09-26-09 03:35 PM
    Where are you guys downloading from? Rapidshare or MegaUpload? I dont think the MegaUpload file is any good :-(
    09-26-09 03:52 PM
    Same thing with my wifeys alltel pearl flip. I have the 9630 tour running 5.0.0.230 and its nice! Let me know if you have any luck with the OS
    Same on my USCC 8230. I've been through the how to load OS/Hybrid/Leaked OS guides, and the additional guide Deleted the Vendor file and still no available OS.... soooo....
    I deleted the vendor.xml, tried in DM, tried using the loader.exe, even went so far as to use BBSAK (which just sends me to loader.exe again). I've tried it without my original software, tried again with the original software. Reinstalled the 5.0 leak(deleting vendor.xml each time) I've disconnected from the internet before updating, while updating, as updating was starting, disabled all auto updates ... uh not sure what else

A few things I might note is A) I'm using DM5.0, not sure if that's an issue, I wouldn't think so? and B) Both Alltel and USCC 8230's are technically listed as 8230f. Not sure what that means as far as differences in the devices and then C) I'm on BES and updating from my PC w/ BES so I can automatically reregister upon completion. Thinking C isn't an issue since 2 other people have similar problem, but I thought worth noting all the same.

Any help would be appreciated!
    09-26-09 04:23 PM
    Same on my USCC 8230. I've been through the how to load OS/Hybrid/Leaked OS guides, and the additional guide Deleted the Vendor file and still no available OS.... soooo....
    I deleted the vendor.xml, tried in DM, tried using the loader.exe, even went so far as to use BBSAK (which just sends me to loader.exe again). I've tried it without my original software, tried again with the original software. Reinstalled the 5.0 leak(deleting vendor.xml each time) I've disconnected from the internet before updating, while updating, as updating was starting, disabled all auto updates ... uh not sure what else

A few things I might note is A) I'm using DM5.0, not sure if that's an issue, I wouldn't think so? and B) Both Alltel and USCC 8230's are technically listed as 8230f. Not sure what that means as far as differences in the devices and then C) I'm on BES and updating from my PC w/ BES so I can automatically reregister upon completion. Thinking C isn't an issue since 2 other people have similar problem, but I thought worth noting all the same.

Any help would be appreciated!

Exactly what I have done! Really aggravating but I believe the reason is because its a vodafone os. Who knows, maybe we can get it running on there one day.
    09-26-09 04:26 PM
    Aggrivating yes, but its leaked, and beta, so what can we expect. Cheers to those that have it working, wish I could
    09-26-09 04:37 PM
    Where are you guys downloading from? Rapidshare or MegaUpload? I dont think the MegaUpload file is any good :-(
    Tried the nice and slow Rapidshare file, same result. Thought I'd throw that out there.
    09-26-09 05:30 PM
    Tried the nice and slow Rapidshare file, same result. Thought I'd throw that out there.
    same here I downloaded both files and neither one have worked :-(
    09-26-09 05:37 PM
    It worked for me: I was able to install 5.0.0.230 on the Flip but I used How to Wipe with JL_Cmdr before installing .230. I also did not use Download Manager to install, I used Loader.exe (C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Appl oader).

Since this phone is our backup phone (i.e., not activated), I can't say how it works other than it is installed and running smoothly. I did notice that it boots faster from battery pulls, which is nice.

I did consider activating it but I really don't like the Flip phone, so I don't feel like going through the phone number switch merry-go-round.
    Last edited by sunNsnow; 09-26-09 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Additional info
    09-26-09 07:08 PM
    trying to install on my sis's flip but DM 5.0 is not recognizing it. I've uninstalled auto updates and deleted the vendor file. what gives
    09-26-09 07:29 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD