Hey guys, do you have also problem connecting your BB9900 through bluetooth/USB to Mac as a Modem?? Cause I have PPP network problem..Even a Wifi hotspot doesnt work (APN settings OK - I can use it on mobile). Don't have BIS/BES..just data plan. Thx

Sent from my Bells (BB 9900) using Tapatalk
    If you're on .402, there's an IT policy that's blocking it. Look under bluetooth and see that a few options are greyed out as well as the ability to disable your firewall.
    04-27-12 07:50 AM
    Did you install the OS on your computer, did you delete the vendor files after installing the OS?
    I already had an older OS downloaded on my computer. I deleted the vendor files and then tried to open up .342, like I said, which I already had downloaded. Should I try downloading the OS again and then trying to open up DM?
    04-27-12 08:21 AM
    I used the hybrid radio (UMTS) file from .318 and used it on .342 with excellent results. The radio connection was solid. I am on Fido network with not-so-strong signals in Woodbridge area. Is it possible to do a similar hybrid with .318 file on the leaked .402? If this is possible can I load the OS the same way I did before for the .318 on .342?
    Can anyone please confirm if you have tried it and advise the findings?
    04-27-12 08:22 AM
    Did you rebooted your pc/laptop to make it work? It should pick up though if you installed the OS, rebooted pc/laptop and deleted all the vendor.xml's.
    04-27-12 08:23 AM
    I used the hybrid radio (UMTS) file from .318 and used it on .342 with excellent results. The radio connection was solid. I am on Fido network with not-so-strong signals in Woodbridge area. Is it possible to do a similar hybrid with .318 file on the leaked .402? If this is possible can I load the OS the same way I did before for the .318 on .342?

Nope, for OS .402 you can't swap the UMTS/SFI files with others, since the OS jump too far from OS .3xx to .4xx, it will cause errors.

You can try full OS .402, and let's see for the next few days, if the battery drains and signal strenght still fluctuated, I'll give you cods. that will improve the signal strenght and stabilize the battery drains.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sator; 04-27-12 at 09:03 AM.
    hukerikar likes this.
    04-27-12 08:29 AM
    I already had an older OS downloaded on my computer. I deleted the vendor files and then tried to open up .342, like I said, which I already had downloaded. Should I try downloading the OS again and then trying to open up DM?
    Downloading only saves the installation file to your computer. You then must run the the file to install it on your computer. You then remove the vendor files and install it with either dm or loader.

Have you ever done this before?
    04-27-12 08:35 AM
    Seems like it can't be done.

See below:

Originally Posted by audio_engr

Tried to swap the sfi from .318 onto this BUT got "APP ERROR 200" while installing OS - thus it landed me into a whole set of trouble like use JL Cmdr to fully wipe to error 507 and then re-install .402 with the stock sfi to restore the 9900.
    04-27-12 08:36 AM
    Think I'm almost to the finish line. I'll report back when I know for sure. Again, just wanted to thank you all for all the help you've provided.
    04-27-12 08:37 AM
    You can count on the peepz here. Now just do it and report your further process.
    04-27-12 08:38 AM
    Downloading only saves the installation file to your computer. You then must run the the file to install it on your computer. You then remove the vendor files and install it with either dm or loader.

Have you ever done this before?

Haha!! Can you not tell? No is the answer to that question. Every other 'leaked' version of an OS I've downloaded has been great until now. Obviously, the mic issue with the AT&T as my carrier was a MAJOR problem.
    04-27-12 08:39 AM
    So uninstall the old OS. Download and run the new OS on my computer. Then remove vendor files. Then install OS on my phone with DM? Correct?
    04-27-12 08:50 AM
    It's not needed to delete the old OS, well i didn't needed to delete it in order to let it all work.
    If DM is giving you problems try Apploader.
    04-27-12 08:52 AM
    Got the old OS back on my phone and it seems to be running fine. You guys are the best. Appreciate all the help!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-27-12 09:45 AM
    Nope, for OS .402 you can't swap the UMTS/SFI files with others, since the OS jump too far from OS .3xx to .4xx, it will cause errors.
    Sounds like news to me.

it works for .267 to .342 > > that's a jump from .2xx to .3xx

so what's stopping from .3xx to .4xx ??

Yes - something is bcoz I tried it (using DM & AppLoader) and on both accounts, got "APP ERROR 200"

Am still waiting for a breakthru on this by someone kind enuf ...
    04-27-12 03:49 PM
    Just to say on my 9900 really great battery life and performance. Especially considering that my tower at work keeps dropping 3G data (20 to 30 times per hour). Love it!
    04-27-12 03:56 PM

You can try full OS .402, and let's see for the next few days, if the battery drains and signal strenght still fluctuated, I'll give you cods. that will improve the signal strenght and stabilize the battery drains.

Thanks Sator. I've been using .402 for the past three days. No complaint WRT the battery. The only thing that bugs me is the fluctuating signal mostly on 3G. I am not able to determine if the problem is with the Fido network in my area or the instrument or the OS. On 3G it shows all 5 bars and then gradually slides to 1 bar and stays at 1 bar. With 1 bar I can't make or receive calls, texts or email.

I will be glad to get the cods that can improve and lock the signal strength.

Thanks,
    04-27-12 05:26 PM
    I was wanting to use my Leave It On App to get popup message previews but nope can't work. This IT Policy and Enabled Firewall is really ticking me off about not able to customize Third Party Apps. I don't get why they all of a sudden had to embed this into the OS. The next leak better not have this!

I do Not want to roll back to a previous OS because it had that music freezing up bug.

04-27-12 07:17 PM
    I was wanting to use my Leave It On App to get popup message previews but nope can't work. This IT Policy and Enabled Firewall is really ticking me off about not able to customize Third Party Apps. I don't get why they all of a sudden had to embed this into the OS. The next leak better not have this!

I do Not want to roll back to a previous OS because it had that music freezing up bug.

If that app can't work, what about bebuzz, show me the images, and or six tools?
    04-27-12 07:22 PM
    I have no problems with bebuzz and sixtools on .402 though.
    04-27-12 07:40 PM
    If that app can't work, what about bebuzz, show me the images, and or six tools?

Images of what? I can provide them but I need more deets of what you mean. I can prove that Six Tools their Battery Icon works. DeBattery Gym, the Third Party App I used only showed the percentage.

04-27-12 07:40 PM
    Thanks Sator. I've been using .402 for the past three days. No complaint WRT the battery. The only thing that bugs me is the fluctuating signal mostly on 3G. I am not able to determine if the problem is with the Fido network in my area or the instrument or the OS. On 3G it shows all 5 bars and then gradually slides to 1 bar and stays at 1 bar. With 1 bar I can't make or receive calls, texts or email.

I will be glad to get the cods that can improve and lock the signal strength.

Thanks,

Did you also experience signal drop on 3G with your previous OS?
    Did you do a few battery pulls for the past 3 days?
    There is also a way to test the signal strenght, if you have a wifi connection at your Office/home, you can try it, if your phone locks pretty fast and strong than it's the Fido network, other wise it's the OS.
    First, I recommend you to wipe and re install the OS, if your problem persist then you can inject the cod. I will post the cod in a few hours.

hukerikar likes this.
    04-27-12 07:55 PM
    Tried several times this afternoon to update to .402, 3 different problems I was getting though...

1.) Backing up froze 95% of the way through. Did some searching, cleaned my history and tried again
    2.) DM wouldn't recognize my 9900. Did some searching, un then re-installed DM. Restarted cpu and 9900.
    3.) DM gave me an error when trying to connect/initialize to 9900, something about insufficient battery life (I had 30% battery).

*sigh* I guess it isn't meant to be...but I'm not having any issues on .205

Also, the latest official is .342, so why is that not available through Rogers on my phone under "software updates"? Thanks guys.
    04-27-12 09:03 PM
    If you're not having issue's it's better to stay on your current OS though.
    Well atleast i would do that. If a OS is official doesn't mean rogers will.
    04-27-12 09:06 PM
    Images of what? I can provide them but I need more deets of what you mean. I can prove that Six Tools their Battery Icon works. DeBattery Gym, the Third Party App I used only showed the percentage.

Lol, 'show me the images' is an app that automatically loads the pictures in a html email.
    04-27-12 10:38 PM
    Lol, 'show me the images' is an app that automatically loads the pictures in a html email.
    Oh, I'm sorry. Wow I feel dumb now. I have never heard of that app. But to answer your questions: Bebuzz works, Six Tools works....but pretty the Third Party Apps I have installed cannot be set to Allow in the Interactions category.
    04-27-12 11:12 PM
555 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD