Hi I'm new to the forum I've had my z10 about a week now and everything was fine till the other day I plugged my phone into the charger going to bed then woke up to try and unlock it to check a few messages and the swipe up to unlock would start to work then about half way up it stops and this happens when trying to exit apps as well can anyone help or give me any advice I was thinking of installing a leaked os 10.2 but I don't think that's the issue. Please help.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:38 PM
    Hi I'm new to the forum I've had my z10 about a week now and everything was fine till the other day I plugged my phone into the charger going to bed then woke up to try and unlock it to check a few messages and the swipe up to unlock would start to work then about half way up it stops and this happens when trying to exit apps as well can anyone help or give me any advice I was thinking of installing a leaked os 10.2 but I don't think that's the issue. Please help.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Not sure if it is really an issue. The swiping takes a little time for some to get accustomed to using. It took me a little while. Also, I plug mine in to charge overnight and it may be in sleep mode which may seem like an issue. Give it a little while. It gets easier. Also, the leaked OS 10.2.1.1925 is the latest leak....that has been posted. Works well with a the leaked 1926 radio Here's a link to the .1925 OS- just in case. Please review the thread if you do plan on upgrading.
    01-09-14 10:02 PM
    I was use to it. It's just like the lower half of the screen is bugged or something I'm on 10.1 os right now I believe I just have never experienced this before ever. It gets really frustrating getting stuck in apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:09 PM
    I was use to it. It's just like the lower half of the screen is bugged or something I'm on 10.1 os right now I believe I just have never experienced this before ever. It gets really frustrating getting stuck in apps.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, Then upgrade your OS and see if it helps you. I don't have that issue at all and I only use leaked 10.2 OS.
    01-09-14 10:20 PM
    Hi Nicolas! Welcome to CB!!!! I second Blacklatino's suggestion. I'm on .1925 on my Q10 and it's stellar.
    01-10-14 03:17 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Fabio Aliprandi, BlackBerry Z10 .
    01-10-14 03:58 AM
    10.2.1.1925 for the win!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-10-14 11:07 AM
    So I did the update and the lower part of the screen is still touchy and it's still acting like I'm not trying to exit or unlock the phone. I'm out of ideas.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 03:31 PM
    Amazing that somebody comes to the forums with a problem, and the first thing everybody does is try to sell them 10.2.1. 1925 as if it's the solution to everything BlackBerry. It's like listening to a desperate car salesman. Hopefully, the fact that he did as you guys suggested, upgraded, and STILL experiences the problem, will prompt those who want to "assist dig a little deeper than providing an answer derived from your own excitement over the latest leak. It's kind of selfish if you think about it, because not everyone is into installing leaks. So why insist over and over that they do it? What if he had been someone who was totally against installing leaks? Would this have been the only form of advice he was given?This sort of thing is becoming a constant across the forum. "Install the leak." "Install the leak." Just like official releases, leaks don't fix everything, no matter how good they are. You guys should already know that. Save the leak glorification for threads with those wanting to know what's the latest "cool." Now, moving on...

I'm not sure, but I've experienced the same thing once or twice on my Z10 in the past, but it never lasted long. It always seemed to work itself out. I seem to also remember pulling my battery the last time it occurred, and never having the issue again. Not sure if you've done that already, but I guess it's worth a try. It can't be worse than totally upgrading your phone, only to find that the issue still exists. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    arifbsantoso and cantina4me like this.
    01-10-14 06:49 PM
    Blue Heel thank you so much first person to provide real help and that does work just a little annoying but thank you for your real help.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 07:21 PM
    Pulling the battery is almous work for the problem like that. Works for me.

Posted via my beloved Z10
    01-10-14 07:35 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry. Glad you got your issue solved. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here. If you stay with it, even if you don't get something that work at first, you can usually get an answer.
    01-10-14 09:13 PM
    So I did the update and the lower part of the screen is still touchy and it's still acting like I'm not trying to exit or unlock the phone. I'm out of ideas.

Posted via CB10
    Undoubtedly sir, you have a hardware issue.

01-11-14 01:03 AM
    Hardware as in the screen may be messed up?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:58 AM
    First, Nicholas, I'm glad you received an answer that you feel helped you with your issue. As I stated, I briefly had the issue, updated and the issue was gone. On 10.0, I had the swipe issues, 10.1, same thing, updated to 10.2 and no more issues. Again, this worked for me. That and also, swiping from the "top/bottom". That's too bad that updating didn't work for you. I understand your frustration, but attacking those trying to help you doesn't go very far.

@ blue heel. Cute response, unless you have an adequate solution for the OP- Chill......instead of trying to direct traffic(LOL) or tell others what "you think" they should be doing. As stated, it has worked for me and others for a lot of issue posted on here. No excitement.....just disappointment in your attempt at talking ish to those trying to help others.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:04 PM
    Hardware as in the screen may be messed up?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the quickest solution would be to take it back for the shop for a replacement. Although you may hear of others with the issue, rest assured it is in no way a common problem.

01-11-14 05:20 PM
    First, Nicholas, I'm glad you received an answer that you feel helped you with your issue. As I stated, I briefly had the issue, updated and the issue was gone. On 10.0, I had the swipe issues, 10.1, same thing, updated to 10.2 and no more issues. Again, this worked for me. That and also, swiping from the "top/bottom". That's too bad that updating didn't work for you. I understand your frustration, but attacking those trying to help you doesn't go very far.

@ blue heel. Cute response, unless you have an adequate solution for the OP- Chill......instead of trying to direct traffic(LOL) or tell others what "you think" they should be doing. As stated, it has worked for me and others for a lot of issue posted on here. No excitement.....just disappointment in your attempt at talking ish to those trying to help others.

Posted via CB10
    I'm chill. Not talking "ish"...just stating the facts pal. If it offended you...tough.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:49 PM
    Blue Heel thank you so much first person to provide real help and that does work just a little annoying but thank you for your real help.

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:53 PM
    Chill police here

Let's drop the rants and egos, and instead help the OP.

Nicholas, I think it's more user error than anything else (I myself was guilty for the first few weeks). Best first course is always a reboot. Hold the volume buttons at the same time, and wait till BlackBerry shows on the screen. Upgrading is always a last effort to resolve an issue, though it can solve many problems. If you want to check the hardware, which I'd strongly suggest, use this app:

Check out BlackBerry Virtual Expert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry Virtual Expert - BlackBerry World
    01-11-14 08:06 PM
    LMAO. Beat me to it.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-11-14 08:14 PM
    Hello and welcome!
    01-13-14 11:54 PM