Hello from SoCal,
    Im looking at ditching my Sprint Treo WX and maybe get a Sprint Curve or Verizon Storm.

My biggest issue is I use PDANET on my Treo as my primary internet service for my laptop.

Anything i can use on the Curve or Storm for tethering without the fees like PDAnet?

thanks.
    12-05-08 11:28 PM
    I have no idea about what you speak of, but figured I'd say welcome. Before I bought a BB I came here and learned as much as I could. The folks here sold me on it way easier than a salesperson in a store could've!
    12-05-08 11:29 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 11:37 PM
    I actually recommend AT&T. I say this because of 3g, UMTS. You can tether with your laptop and still use the device for other things like voice. The Bold is currently the only 3g, UMTS blackberry in the U.S..

If you are looking at only Sprint or Verizon, then you have to think whether or not you'd want to a touchscreen or full qwerty.

I believe there is a solution for tethering on your Sprint Treo.

For Sprint Users, to tether we use SPRINTs SMARTVIEW
    They recently updated this program on their website.

Install it, run it, plug in your 8330 via USB, and click connect.

This connection manager rocks, easy as pie.
    Credit: BlackBerryForums
    12-05-08 11:52 PM
    Also... welcome to Crackberry.com
    12-05-08 11:52 PM
    12-06-08 12:06 AM
    Jump! Jump! Do it Welcome to CrackberryVille!
    12-06-08 02:05 AM
    Hello from SoCal! Welcome aboard!
    12-06-08 02:12 AM
    Hey, Welcome aboard.

You can tether the Storm but the downfall is you will need to have the Verizon Broadband/National Access plan added to your bill. That's an additional $60 a month but does include whichever email/data plan you chose in order to even order the Storm.
    12-06-08 02:17 AM
    Ditch the Treo and come to BB! You'll love it!
    12-06-08 02:21 AM
    Welcome to CB! Get the Curve!
    12-07-08 01:24 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    12-07-08 08:43 AM
    Hello and welcome to CB.
    12-07-08 09:11 AM
    Hello from SoCal,
    Im looking at ditching my Sprint Treo WX and maybe get a Sprint Curve or Verizon Storm.

My biggest issue is I use PDANET on my Treo as my primary internet service for my laptop.

Anything i can use on the Curve or Storm for tethering without the fees like PDAnet?

thanks.
    Welcome SoCal from another one who now lives in the Florida. I used my VZW Curve for tethering purposes as tryout before I decided to terminate my VZW aircard. I had the same results - Fantastic. I understand you can use the Storm for the same purposes but I have not done this myself. Best of luck in your decision.
    12-07-08 09:19 AM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD